So...Trump’s now going after legal immigrants.

"...The governmental system is highly redistributive. Well-educated households tend to be net tax contributors: The taxes they pay exceed the direct and means-tested benefits, education, and population-based services they receive. For example, in 2010, in the whole U.S. population, households with college-educated heads, on average, received $24,839 in government benefits while paying $54,089 in taxes.
The average college-educated household thus generated a fiscal surplus of $29,250 that government used to finance benefits for other households.

Other households are net tax consumers: The benefits they receive exceed the taxes they pay. These households generate a “fiscal deficit” that must be financed by taxes from other households or by government borrowing. For example, in 2010, in the U.S. population as a whole...
households headed by persons without a high school degree, on average, received $46,582 in government benefits while paying only $11,469 in taxes. This generated an average fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of $35,113.

The high deficits of poorly educated households are important in the a Amnesty debate because the typical unlawful immigrant has only a 10th-grade education. Half of unlawful immigrant households are headed by an individual with less than a high school degree, and another 25% of household heads have only a high school degree.".."

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/report/the-fiscal-cost-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer

`

Like I said they still pay taxes

If a child is hungry , I do not have a problem with feeding them and if they are sick I do not have any problem helping them get well

in school they say the pledge of allegiance "one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

what does all mean is it just for all Americans or for all people

Okay, so they pay taxes. If they are legal, they will be withdrawing more than they put in. So where's the benefit to us?

Yes, if a child is hungry or needs medical attention, you have no problem providing. So why do you think they come here?

No, they don't say the Pledge any longer in school, or anything with the mention of God unless it's a private school. But even if we did, what is your point? With liberty and justice for all means all Americans, not all the world.

well I haven't been in school for a long time but I think that they still do say the pledge

I believe some states allow students to opt out if they do not want too

and some are fuzzy about it

I know that there was a supreme court ruling about first amendment right of free speech

We on the right love "legal" immigration and if a Democrat tells you otherwise, they are lying to your face or just totally brainwashed.

The last person you should take seriously is someone that claims to be a Democrat.

I don't think people should be able to immigrate legally if they won't make enough to pay federal income taxes. No immigrants that are a net loss to our nation's finances.

You want to send Trump back to Germany?

The Trump family comes from Kallstadt , Germany, just like the Heinz family. That makes Mr. Teresa Heinz (aka John Kerry) virtually President Trump's cousin.

Actually Trump's Grandfather was a criminal in his home country and couldn't return... Just like the grandson he dodged the draft...

Why do you liberals always lie about Republicans "dodging the draft" when your own Bubba Clinton was the poster child for draft dodgers?

"...The governmental system is highly redistributive. Well-educated households tend to be net tax contributors: The taxes they pay exceed the direct and means-tested benefits, education, and population-based services they receive. For example, in 2010, in the whole U.S. population, households with college-educated heads, on average, received $24,839 in government benefits while paying $54,089 in taxes.
The average college-educated household thus generated a fiscal surplus of $29,250 that government used to finance benefits for other households.

Other households are net tax consumers: The benefits they receive exceed the taxes they pay. These households generate a “fiscal deficit” that must be financed by taxes from other households or by government borrowing. For example, in 2010, in the U.S. population as a whole...
households headed by persons without a high school degree, on average, received $46,582 in government benefits while paying only $11,469 in taxes. This generated an average fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of $35,113.

The high deficits of poorly educated households are important in the a Amnesty debate because the typical unlawful immigrant has only a 10th-grade education. Half of unlawful immigrant households are headed by an individual with less than a high school degree, and another 25% of household heads have only a high school degree.".."

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/report/the-fiscal-cost-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer

`

With Great power comes even greater responsibility

says your friendly neighborhood spider man more or less

I see our righties are off on another I hate them all. Sadly they are not smart enough to understand that we need immigrants. It is immigrants that have in many cases vastly improved life for everyone in America. Lets look at some truths even though right wing idiots will reject any truth. We need immigrants for our country to continue to grow. White people in the US are not having enough kids to supply the work force necessary to have a successful country. We have at last count about 6 million jobs that are not filled. An employer cannot grow if he does not have employees. So think once in a while instead of just hating everyone that is not like you. If you ever tried you would find that moving into a diverse area raises your enjoyment of life. All cultures have great things to share. :Lets be honest for a moment. If you read a post that says all democrats hate this country then you are an idiot. As I have stated before, I am a proud democrat, Veteran of the Vietnam era, middleclass worker now retired. And so when idiots get on this board and say all democrats hate this country they and everyone that reads that post should understand that the poster has no brain or at least not using it.

Do you think Jesus and Consuela and their brood of 5 offspring from El Salvador will be able to fill any of those jobs that are not filled? Even if they apply for LEGAL immigration, they will never have the education required to do any of those jobs, mainly because they will probably not speak English. The same goes for Mikhail and Natasha from the Ukraine, where he drove a truck and she worked in a restaurant. Even Binh and Chao Nguyen from Vietnam will have the same trouble.

I accept your moral argument. Now I have a question for you. Would it or would it not be better for our economy to get rid of those people?

Illegal aliens are required and do pay taxes

They do jobs that most legal will not do or to lazy to do and even when some people are on welfare, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians and others also do well and make money and thus improve the economy

My question to you is should the Statue of Liberty be dismantled

still an oxford study that looks at the effects of immigration in the U.S. between 1850 and 1920 — aka the Age of Mass Migration — and its effect on economy prosperity today. And they found that the counties with more historical immigration have overall higher incomes, less poverty and less unemployment even today

Trump family being a prime example who came from Germany with very little money but look where they are at now
Democrats justified aiding and abetting foreign nationals who violate our borders at will by saying exploiting them helps the economy. They hate Americans and say we are to lazy to do those jobs under the table for slave wages. Democrats also hire illegal foreign nationals to Dodge taxes they pass on American citizens.

Democrats whine about foreign election interference while they fight to have undocumented foreign nationals in the census and enable them to vote with motor voter laws.

If Democrat tells you that foreign nationals do vote for anti American globalist Democrats who aid and abet them, they are either totally ignorant or lying to your face. You are even worse if you believe one.

Well we do know that Trump companies do hire illegals and last I looked he was a republican since 2011.

If I own several companies, who do you think runs them? Me? Of course not! Ain't nobody got time for that!

The person I hired may hire illegals, but how will I know that?

Hell, with all of the forged documents, chances are the person running my company doesn't know!

Like I said they still pay taxes

If a child is hungry , I do not have a problem with feeding them and if they are sick I do not have any problem helping them get well

in school they say the pledge of allegiance "one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

what does all mean is it just for all Americans or for all people

Okay, so they pay taxes. If they are legal, they will be withdrawing more than they put in. So where's the benefit to us?

Yes, if a child is hungry or needs medical attention, you have no problem providing. So why do you think they come here?

No, they don't say the Pledge any longer in school, or anything with the mention of God unless it's a private school. But even if we did, what is your point? With liberty and justice for all means all Americans, not all the world.

Sorry, that is not true.

I accept your moral argument. Now I have a question for you. Would it or would it not be better for our economy to get rid of those people?

If they are not contributing to America's economy, which they are not as they are all on welfare then they are draining your welfare system funded by taxpayers money, so from an economic viewpoint removing them would SAVE you money that you could put to a better more worthy use.
Maybe get rid of all those military members, E-5 and below with families that have to be on food stamps too?

Thanks to the Republicans controlling the Congress and White House, that situation no longer occurs as pay has increased.. The military has adopted stricter dependency guidelines also.

Get with the times!

If they are not contributing to America's economy, which they are not as they are all on welfare then they are draining your welfare system funded by taxpayers money, so from an economic viewpoint removing them would SAVE you money that you could put to a better more worthy use.
Maybe get rid of all those military members, E-5 and below with families that have to be on food stamps too?

If someone is of a low rank in the military, the commanding officers should not be allowing them to get married. Buck Privates and that really don't get paid enough to raise a family.

The military does not control whether or not you get married. There are dependency limits for enlistment. A good guideline is that you can have a wife/husband and two kids.

Coyote keeps saying this is a year old but if you follow this link that she provided

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation

It show what date?

It shows Newsweek dated

Tue, Aug 13, 2019

So somebody is lying here!

Well the post start date reflect 2018 and the number of post would suggest that it was started then

Your right about the link but then again even the story date is 2018 but obviously the story itself is current

So it looks like the computer people are taking shortcuts with copy and paste

What a piece of trash he is.

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation

Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.
What programs or proposals have you or democrats promoted that would remove immigrants away from being a public charge into being productive and dignified citizens of the United States?

Coyote keeps saying this is a year old but if you follow this link that she provided

It show what date?

It shows Newsweek dated

Tue, Aug 13, 2019

Look at the effong post date and all the replies! It is an old thread! Maybe the source updated the link to a newer date.

S.
PROPOSED TRUMP RULE CHANGE COULD PUT MILLIONS OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS AT RISK OF DEPORTATION
BY NICOLE GOODKIND ON 8/8/18 AT 5:00 PM EDT

Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.
Love it.

Why do you care more about Immigrants than you do Americans?

The Bus is full here. We really don't need immigrants like we did in the 1800s and early 1900s. The only reason to bring an immigrant here is to work and because he has skills that are a little scarce in America.

We need Doctors, Scientists, Engineers. If the stupid kids the failing Democrat ran Schools are failing to educate went to the overpriced liberal colleges Democrats are running, learned something more than Butt Hurt Snow Flakism and I Hate Americanism 101, we wouldn't need anyone to come here at all.

It show what date?

It shows Newsweek dated

Tue, Aug 13, 2019

Look at the effong post date and all the replies! It is an old thread! Maybe the source updated the link to a newer date.

S.
PROPOSED TRUMP RULE CHANGE COULD PUT MILLIONS OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS AT RISK OF DEPORTATION
BY NICOLE GOODKIND ON 8/8/18 AT 5:00 PM EDT
Send them back.

What programs or proposals have you or democrats promoted that would remove immigrants away from being a public charge into being productive and dignified citizens of the United States?
I cant speak for the Dems but for myself, and speaking only of legal immigrants, why does anything need to change?

Legal immigrants use fewer benefits thsn US citizens. They pay the same taxes for those benefits. They are entitled to fewer benefits.

Allow them a reasonable period of time to become aculturated, learn language skills, get employment. Encourage and fund community support programs. Many churches have refugee support programs.

If an immigrant is totally reliant on benefits for no good reason, for too long, he doesnt get a green card.

I cant speak for the Dems but for myself, and speaking only of legal immigrants, why does anything need to change?

Legal immigrants use fewer benefits thsn US citizens. They pay the same taxes for those benefits. They are entitled to fewer benefits.

Allow them a reasonable period of time to become aculturated, learn language skills, get employment. Encourage and fund community support programs. Many churches have refugee support programs.

If an immigrant is totally reliant on benefits for no good reason, for too long, he doesnt get a green card.
Lol
Human nature is inherently evil, And that includes illegal and legal aliens...

Well now, that is an interesting claim. Do they use fewer benefits? Strikes Me that they use the same benefits that Americans use. It isn't as if we have benefits for Americans and then we have a whole set of benefits for immigrants. They are one in the same. Of course, the key isn't the number of benefits that they use, but the fact that these benefits come from confiscated wages and incorporated profits taken from American's for the explicit reason of giving American's help in times of hardship. The truth is, they have paid no taxes into the system that they start using immediately.

I am not sure if you are aware, but acculturated is the past tense, So this means we have to give them benefits for something that has already occurred? Either way, you just highlighted something that used to be part of our immigration policy: The immigrant was responsible for knowing our culture, language, and values PRIOR to immigrating. They also used to have a job waiting for them before they were allowed entry into the country.

None of which directly addresses My question. We now have people who haven't paid into the system, who may or may not be paying into the system now but are definitely using the system to their benefit.

What proposal or program would you advocate for moving them into the category of productive, self-sufficient citizens of the United States?

BTW, aren't you part of that crowd that says immigration needs to be reformed, comprehensively? ('comprehensive' is code for opaque enough to justify any action taken by the government)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back