So...Trump’s now going after legal immigrants.

Why do you care more about Immigrants than you do Americans?

Unless you are Native American we are ALL immigrants.

And with every successive wave of immigrants there were people already here claiming that the "bus is full"
Native Americans Were Immigrants that wiped out entire species of animals in The Americas.

Ask the Wooley Mammoth how he feels about Immigrants.

Going further, these "immigrants" raped pillaged, plundered and warred with each other to establish their individual territories.

The Blood of Millions was spilled on The American Continent even before The First European arrived.

And with every successive wave of immigrants there were people already here claiming that the "bus is full"
Native Americans Were Immigrants that wiped out entire species of animals in The Americas.

Ask the Wooley Mammoth how he feels about Immigrants.

Going further, these "immigrants" raped pillaged, plundered and warred with each other to establish their individual territories.

The Blood of Millions was spilled on The American Continent even before The First European arrived.
So add Native Americans to your hate list.

Whatever

What a piece of trash he is.

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation

Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.
According to dems all illegals are legal. So deport em all, more jobs 4 americans

Has anyone thought of this simple fix? Go back to the way it was when us dastardly Europeans immigrated to this country. That is when you had to be sponsored by an upstanding citizen, you had to have the promise of a job and show that you would not be a burden to this country. Also you had to undergo a health screen and if you failed, back you went.
It was a good idea then and should be followed now

I accept your moral argument. Now I have a question for you. Would it or would it not be better for our economy to get rid of those people?

Illegal aliens are required and do pay taxes

They do jobs that most legal will not do or to lazy to do and even when some people are on welfare, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians and others also do well and make money and thus improve the economy

My question to you is should the Statue of Liberty be dismantled

still an oxford study that looks at the effects of immigration in the U.S. between 1850 and 1920 — aka the Age of Mass Migration — and its effect on economy prosperity today. And they found that the counties with more historical immigration have overall higher incomes, less poverty and less unemployment even today

Trump family being a prime example who came from Germany with very little money but look where they are at now

How much do they pay in payroll taxes?

Who knows

Its pretty much controlled by the employer who withholds the tax from pay and then they the employer pays a payroll tax

Who knows

The guy who claimed, "Illegal aliens are required and do pay taxes" doesn't know?

[
What programs or proposals have you or democrats promoted that would remove immigrants away from being a public charge into being productive and dignified citizens of the United States?[/QUOTE]

The Dream Act of 2001

English language programs

the Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program. run by USCIS

Many states also offer various program that offer way to help them adjust into US culture from English language to getting a job

Unfortunately people want to define the topic with welfare programs

Ultimately it cannot be argued that many immigrants have came to America over the years and yeah most were poor but there are examples when the kids or children have succeeded and there parents were a keep factor in that success

You're lying.
I have no American Indian DNA and I'm not an immigrant.

[/QUOTE]
There is a vast difference between people who came here years ago and the people that come here today. [/QUOTE]
Okay you stated your position and that is fine

I would just respectfully disagree with the above quote with the following personal observation that even in the past and now in the present many come to improve their lives and the ultimate goal is to improve the lives of their children

That is the main reason they come, does that mean that they will turn down welfare - NO

Life it can be good to some and hell for others

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation

Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.
What programs or proposals have you or democrats promoted that would remove immigrants away from being a public charge into being productive and dignified citizens of the United States?
I cant speak for the Dems but for myself, and speaking only of legal immigrants, why does anything need to change?

Legal immigrants use fewer benefits thsn US citizens. They pay the same taxes for those benefits. They are entitled to fewer benefits.

Allow them a reasonable period of time to become aculturated, learn language skills, get employment. Encourage and fund community support programs. Many churches have refugee support programs.

If an immigrant is totally reliant on benefits for no good reason, for too long, he doesnt get a green card.

Well now, that is an interesting claim. Do they use fewer benefits? Strikes Me that they use the same benefits that Americans use. It isn't as if we have benefits for Americans and then we have a whole set of benefits for immigrants. They are one in the same. Of course, the key isn't the number of benefits that they use, but the fact that these benefits come from confiscated wages and incorporated profits taken from American's for the explicit reason of giving American's help in times of hardship. The truth is, they have paid no taxes into the system that they start using immediately.

I am not sure if you are aware, but acculturated is the past tense, So this means we have to give them benefits for something that has already occurred? Either way, you just highlighted something that used to be part of our immigration policy: The immigrant was responsible for knowing our culture, language, and values PRIOR to immigrating. They also used to have a job waiting for them before they were allowed entry into the country.

None of which directly addresses My question. We now have people who haven't paid into the system, who may or may not be paying into the system now but are definitely using the system to their benefit.

What proposal or program would you advocate for moving them into the category of productive, self-sufficient citizens of the United States?

BTW, aren't you part of that crowd that says immigration needs to be reformed, comprehensively? ('comprehensive' is code for opaque enough to justify any action taken by the government)
This is for green card holders, they are working and they are paying in to the system, as much as any other person that is the working poor. They have papers to work legally here.

They are not given help at the expense of any other poor person... they follow the same rules and guidelines.

they will be citizens in 5 years or less, from when they step foot here on their green card visa...

Only lousy capitalists lose money with a Commerce Clause and a welfare clause, General.

Business subsidizes
Business bailouts
Business tax breaks State, Local, and Federal give aways

US military expenditures which are thru the roof
why because contractors, business that sell goods overcharge them and the government pays

Taxpayers were massively overcharged in dozens of transactions between the Army and Boeing for helicopter spare parts, (2011)

Military parts supplier TransDigm draws scrutiny over prices ... a TransDigm subsidiary was overcharging the Defense Department

Back in the 80's stories came out about military overcharges such as -
Other items offered in the catalogue include a $285 screwdriver, a $7,622 coffee maker, a $387 flat washer, a $469 wrench, a $214 flashlight, a $437 tape measure, a $2,228 monkey wrench, a $748 pair of duckbill pliers, a $74,165 aluminum ladder, a $659 ashtray and the 37 dollar screw
These are action by contractors and businesses who do business with the military
If someone would put a figure on this it would be jaw dropping but hey its for the military who protect us from foreign powers who which to harm us

I accept your moral argument. Now I have a question for you. Would it or would it not be better for our economy to get rid of those people?

They do jobs that most legal will not do or to lazy to do and even when some people are on welfare, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians and others also do well and make money and thus improve the economy

still an oxford study that looks at the effects of immigration in the U.S. between 1850 and 1920 — aka the Age of Mass Migration — and its effect on economy prosperity today. And they found that the counties with more historical immigration have overall higher incomes, less poverty and less unemployment even today

Trump family being a prime example who came from Germany with very little money but look where they are at now

Who knows

Its pretty much controlled by the employer who withholds the tax from pay and then they the employer pays a payroll tax

Who knows

The guy who claimed, "Illegal aliens are required and do pay taxes" doesn't know?

The question was about payroll taxes and how much is paid

yeah I don't know how much illegal aliens pay but I do now that Business that hire are required to withhold payroll taxes from all and any employee

Who knows

Who knows

yeah I don't know how much illegal aliens pay but I do now that Business that hire are required to withhold payroll taxes from all and any employee
here's some info

If all undocumented immigrants were deported today, next year’s Social Security trust funds would have approximately $13 billion less for benefit payouts. It’s a considerable loss of dollars, especially when it’s projected that the Social Security funds will be depleted by 2034.

According to New American Economy, undocumented immigrants contributed $13 billion into the Social Security funds in 2016 and $3 billion to Medicare. Three years prior, the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration, Stephen Goss, wrote a report that estimated undocumented immigrants contributed $12 billion into Social Security.

Undocumented immigrants quietly pay billions into Social Security and receive no benefits - Marketplace

According to dems all illegals are legal. So deport em all, more jobs 4 americans
Friggin moron

Remove 4-6 million workers from the labor pool and business would go apeshit.

I thought Republicans claimed we were already at "full employment"...

Only lousy capitalists lose money with a Commerce Clause and a welfare clause, General.

Business subsidizes
Business bailouts
Business tax breaks State, Local, and Federal give aways

US military expenditures which are thru the roof
why because contractors, business that sell goods overcharge them and the government pays

Taxpayers were massively overcharged in dozens of transactions between the Army and Boeing for helicopter spare parts, (2011)

Military parts supplier TransDigm draws scrutiny over prices ... a TransDigm subsidiary was overcharging the Defense Department

Back in the 80's stories came out about military overcharges such as -
Other items offered in the catalogue include a $285 screwdriver, a $7,622 coffee maker, a $387 flat washer, a $469 wrench, a $214 flashlight, a $437 tape measure, a $2,228 monkey wrench, a $748 pair of duckbill pliers, a $74,165 aluminum ladder, a $659 ashtray and the 37 dollar screw
These are action by contractors and businesses who do business with the military
If someone would put a figure on this it would be jaw dropping but hey its for the military who protect us from foreign powers who which to harm us
If the right wing were more serious:

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war on crime, drugs, or terror demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

What programs or proposals have you or democrats promoted that would remove immigrants away from being a public charge into being productive and dignified citizens of the United States?
I cant speak for the Dems but for myself, and speaking only of legal immigrants, why does anything need to change?

Legal immigrants use fewer benefits thsn US citizens. They pay the same taxes for those benefits. They are entitled to fewer benefits.

Allow them a reasonable period of time to become aculturated, learn language skills, get employment. Encourage and fund community support programs. Many churches have refugee support programs.

If an immigrant is totally reliant on benefits for no good reason, for too long, he doesnt get a green card.

Well now, that is an interesting claim. Do they use fewer benefits? Strikes Me that they use the same benefits that Americans use. It isn't as if we have benefits for Americans and then we have a whole set of benefits for immigrants. They are one in the same. Of course, the key isn't the number of benefits that they use, but the fact that these benefits come from confiscated wages and incorporated profits taken from American's for the explicit reason of giving American's help in times of hardship. The truth is, they have paid no taxes into the system that they start using immediately.

I am not sure if you are aware, but acculturated is the past tense, So this means we have to give them benefits for something that has already occurred? Either way, you just highlighted something that used to be part of our immigration policy: The immigrant was responsible for knowing our culture, language, and values PRIOR to immigrating. They also used to have a job waiting for them before they were allowed entry into the country.

None of which directly addresses My question. We now have people who haven't paid into the system, who may or may not be paying into the system now but are definitely using the system to their benefit.

What proposal or program would you advocate for moving them into the category of productive, self-sufficient citizens of the United States?

BTW, aren't you part of that crowd that says immigration needs to be reformed, comprehensively? ('comprehensive' is code for opaque enough to justify any action taken by the government)
This is for green card holders, they are working and they are paying in to the system, as much as any other person that is the working poor. They have papers to work legally here.

They are not given help at the expense of any other poor person... they follow the same rules and guidelines.

they will be citizens in 5 years or less, from when they step foot here on their green card visa...
I'm indifferent to whom they are an expense to as long as it is NOT an American citizen.

My question remains unanswered. What programs do you advocate for helping these people become self-sufficient citizens?

This means they are not a burden on anyone.

Who knows

Who knows

here's some info

If all undocumented immigrants were deported today, next year’s Social Security trust funds would have approximately $13 billion less for benefit payouts. It’s a considerable loss of dollars, especially when it’s projected that the Social Security funds will be depleted by 2034.

According to New American Economy, undocumented immigrants contributed $13 billion into the Social Security funds in 2016 and $3 billion to Medicare. Three years prior, the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration, Stephen Goss, wrote a report that estimated undocumented immigrants contributed $12 billion into Social Security.

Undocumented immigrants quietly pay billions into Social Security and receive no benefits - Marketplace

Then kick them out and raise our SS and Medicare contributions for employers and employees.

Forum List

Back