So who is still mad about the civil war?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
What Robert E. Lee can teach us about Confederate memorials (Opinion) - CNN.com

After reading this article I figure that the left is still mad about it. I don't know of anyone who really pissed off about it other than 'liberals' in this country because whenever someone wants to show the confederate flag then the left gets upset. No one ever really cared if some guy had a memorial to a dead confederate soldier. According to this article General Lee thought all memorials should be torn down so as to not upset people. Do you know who is getting upset? It is the left because if there is some memorial out there dedicated to a dead confederate soldier then some 'liberal' somewhere wants to take it down. No one else FUCKING CARED in the entire world! It makes me wonder who is still pissed off about the civil war in this country.

After reading this article I figure that the left is still mad about it. I don't know of anyone who really pissed off about it other than 'liberals' in this country because whenever someone wants to show the confederate flag then the left gets upset. No one ever really cared if some guy had a memorial to a dead confederate soldier. According to this article General Lee thought all memorials should be torn down so as to not upset people. Do you know who is getting upset? It is the left because if there is some memorial out there dedicated to a dead confederate soldier then some 'liberal' somewhere wants to take it down. No one else FUCKING CARED in the entire world! It makes me wonder who is still pissed off about the civil war in this country.
Well, you ‘figured’ wrong, as usual.

Your thread fails as a straw man fallacy.

It isn't the Left which has started countless topics on this forum reminding us the Confederates were Democratic racist slave owners.

I've actually thanked these rubes for finally admitting the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and slavery.

They have been working very hard to prove it. :lol:

The left is still mad about the civil war because they were never able to shame the South. The north was never able to make the South sorry for secession. The South isn't even sorry for slavery.

The left in the US today is deeply ashamed of America and everything it did. For anyone to have pride, especially in the South is a slap in the collective faces of the leftl.

• Banned
It isn't the Left which has started countless topics on this forum reminding us the Confederates were Democratic racist slave owners.

I've actually thanked these rubes for finally admitting the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and slavery.

They have been working very hard to prove it. :lol:

The only people who get mad about it are the left. Did you fight in any battles? Were you at Gettysberge? Has any of your relatives been killed by a southerner. I would be glad to listen to your pain but you don't have any other than made up rage at something.

Liberals are bat shite crazy about it. Fly a flag & watch them lose their minds...

:p

I am

The war of northern agression weakened the states concentrated power in DC , allowed fedgov the pretext to create paper money and impose an "income" tax

The Civil War was such stupidity. It got the US nothing. The ones who are "still mad" are those who want right and left at each others throats.

As for the Dems being racist, its not that simple.

Its conservatives who have always been backward and racist. Democrats used to be conservative and Repubs used to be liberals.

Today, it may be true that not all Repubs are racists but its also true that all racists are Repubs.

The Civil War was such stupidity. It got the US nothing. The ones who are "still mad" are those who want right and left at each others throats.

As for the Dems being racist, its not that simple.

Its conservatives who have always been backward and racist. Democrats used to be conservative and Repubs used to be liberals.

Today, it may be true that not all Repubs are racists but its also true that all racists are Repubs.
absolutely none of what you just posted is true.

Well, you ‘figured’ wrong, as usual.

Your thread fails as a straw man fallacy.
^^^^^ this fails as composition fallacy

I am

The war of northern agression weakened the states concentrated power in DC , allowed fedgov the pretext to create paper money and impose an "income" tax
The war of northern agression

sounds like a bitter confederate

4abe77799b5dcffe9413528e8716822d.jpg

The only people who get mad about it are the left.
I know you wish that was true. I also know that you know its bullshit. I really don't understand this drive by retards like yourself in recent years to deny reality in so many ways.

There are many a redneck still pissed off about the Civil War. Just ask the next one you see with a "The South Will Rise Again" bumper sticker.

I'm not mad about the Civil War. It is frustrating there is so much disinformation about it... most of it generated by revisionists who want to turn it into some kind of perverted reason to scapegoat the South and blame them for racism. Virtually everyone in America in 1860 was a racist by today's standards. In fact, it was only a few devoutly-religious Quaker ministers who founded the abolition movement, who actually believed black slaves were equal to white men. The issue of slavery had very little to do with the issue of equality.

Today, it is portrayed as the courageous moral righteous Northerners fighting for liberation of blacks against the backward racists in the South who wanted to cling to ownership of slaves. This is just factually inaccurate. The sole reason and justification for the war from the northern perspective was to preserve the union. Lincoln said this himself. He also intimated, if he could end the war by keeping slavery, he would do so. The war became focused on the issue of emancipation when the South was kicking ass and taking names. The North needed something to rally the people behind in order to prevail and emancipation became the "just cause" to continue the bloody war.

I think that people actually LEARN from history. I think the furnaces and concentration camps in Germany should remain there for people to see and visit. Certainly, people could vote to bulldoze them and pave over the area... maybe construct a nice mall or park... but just erase that abhorrent memory from history... I think that is wrong. I think we do a grave disservice to future generations by trying to "cleanse" history. The confederate flags don't need to be shoved into a closet... confederate memorials torn down... history cleansed... that's wrong. That's immoral in my opinion.

If it had been the north who was dependent on slaves for their economy I doubt seriously whether they would have fought the civil war.

If it had been the north who was dependent on slaves for their economy I doubt seriously whether they would have fought the civil war.

I don't understand why people say this. We were NOT two nations. There wasn't a "northern economy" and "southern economy" ...just a US economy. The reason it was called "King Cotton" is because cotton was the United States' biggest export. Second and third biggest were tobacco and sugar cane... fourth and fifth were textiles made from cotton and refined sugar made from sugar cane. So, these three crops were essential to the US economy.

You want to construct some clever little "factoid" here's one for ya... If cotton, tobacco and sugar cane could grow in Northern climate, there would have been just as many slaves up North as there was in the South. The ONLY reason slaves were predominately in the South is because that's where cotton, tobacco and sugar cane grows.

I don't understand why people say this. We were NOT two nations. There wasn't a "northern economy" and "southern economy" ...just a US economy. The reason it was called "King Cotton" is because cotton was the United States' biggest export. Second and third biggest were tobacco and sugar cane... fourth and fifth were textiles made from cotton and refined sugar made from sugar cane. So, these three crops were essential to the US economy.

You want to construct some clever little "factoid" here's one for ya... If cotton, tobacco and sugar cane could grow in Northern climate, there would have been just as many slaves up North as there was in the South. The ONLY reason slaves were predominately in the South is because that's where cotton, tobacco and sugar cane grows.

They say it because its true, which is in fact what you yourself then said, "If cotton, tobacco and sugar cane could grow in Northern climate..."

Forum List

Back