So who's been idled by the pandemic?

I decided to close my door for the next two weeks.

Anybody else?
Nope. Making more money than ever. Working more hours than I'd really like to, ( but hey... make hay while the sun is shining.), and I havent needed to run out, and panic buy a thing. Though admittedly I've gone to the store a couple times just to see the outcome of piss poor planning, and decision making first hand. Lol! I even relish the dirty looks of the frightened ignorant as they glare at my three cases of beer in a cart, juxtaposed against their meager holdings of anything they can find to make a turd, and wipe away the mess.

Anybody else?

Went to the supermarket today.
I found everything I needed except for eggs.
I'm glad, but that's not really the topic.

So you aren't even going to the grocery store, pussy?
I closed my business for the next two weeks, I didn't lock myself in the house.

Are you still working or has your job been shut down temporarily ?

Anybody else?
Nope. Making more money than ever. Working more hours than I'd really like to, ( but hey... make hay while the sun is shining.), and I havent needed to run out, and panic buy a thing. Though admittedly I've gone to the store a couple times just to see the outcome of piss poor planning, and decision making first hand. Lol! I even relish the dirty looks of the frightened ignorant as they glare at my three cases of beer in a cart, juxtaposed against their meager holdings of anything they can find to make a turd, and wipe away the mess.

Those are SNAP lumpenproletariats giving you those looks.
Glad to see that you're a man of means.

I'm out in public every day...

... those alms aren't going to beg themselves.

Anybody else?

Went to the supermarket today.
I found everything I needed except for eggs.
I'm glad, but that's not really the topic.

So you aren't even going to the grocery store, pussy?
I closed my business for the next two weeks, I didn't lock myself in the house.

Are you still working or has your job been shut down temporarily ?

Retired for 11 years now. Nothing has changed except for wearing a N95 mask when I choose to go out. And I have plenty of ammo.
Minor adjustments at MI Casa Kidd.

Anybody else?
I'm a LITTLE bit idled. I've been having to go to my family doctor for follow up visits since I'm a newly diagnosed diabetic. I have an appointment with her tomorrow, as a matter of fact. I had to go to the lab yesterday to leave a urine sample. I'm still going to the grocery store and Walgreen's and getting fast food through the drive-thru. So things haven't changed TOO much for me. I DO miss going to my local Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesdays and Fridays to play trivia and have food with a friend of mine.

My wife and I are followers of Dave Ramsey, Debt reduction guru. His rule is that you should have 6 months of living as an emergency fund.

Our fund was recently depleted, by my wife having some cosmetic surgery, which was incredibly painful, for me, but still, I'm confident that we will be fine, for the duration of this panic. She is working, and we have rent coming in from an investment property, and I think that I will still be getting paid, AND even if that all goes to hell somehow, we have vast amounts of untouched credit, that we could use to live on, AND,

well, you get the idea.

Today, my daughter and I started on cleaning out the basement. I have been wanting to do that, but been too busy. She is approaching teen years, and I discussed putting a snack and soda bar in the utility room, for her and her friends.

She was excited about the idea.

My wife and I are followers of Dave Ramsey, Debt reduction guru. His rule is that you should have 6 months of living as an emergency fund.

Our fund was recently depleted, by my wife having some cosmetic surgery, which was incredibly painful, for me, but still, I'm confident that we will be fine, for the duration of this panic. She is working, and we have rent coming in from an investment property, and I think that I will still be getting paid, AND even if that all goes to hell somehow, we have vast amounts of untouched credit, that we could use to live on, AND,

well, you get the idea.

Today, my daughter and I started on cleaning out the basement. I have been wanting to do that, but been too busy. She is approaching teen years, and I discussed putting a snack and soda bar in the utility room, for her and her friends.

You're fucked!

I'm still working. 'Tho, bless their hearts, peeps making it harder than need be.

well, you get the idea.

You're fucked!

She is a good kid, and I am hopeful that she will not bounce bad.

Forum List

Back