So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?

This is a portable battery. For a tank probably would weigh 500 lbs or so
It can be exchanged in a few seconds
The depleted battery can then be returned to central charging facility.
The more you talk, the more viable the idea becomes and the less intelligent you appear.
The more you post the dumber you look. Portable batteries won't work dumbass.
You're obviously not an engineering or science major, are you?
You don't swap out batteries for large vehicles, you recharge them.

The larger the vehicle, the bigger the batteries, duh. A little Tesla car has a battery that weighs 1,200#.
You thinking that a tank battery could weigh 500# is moronic.
A tank battery would need to weigh at least 60,000#, guess how big that would be? Dumbass.

The more you post the dumber you look. Portable batteries won't work dumbass.
You're obviously not an engineering or science major, are you?
You don't swap out batteries for large vehicles, you recharge them.

The larger the vehicle, the bigger the batteries, duh. A little Tesla car has a battery that weighs 1,200#.
You thinking that a tank battery could weigh 500# is moronic.
A tank battery would need to weigh at least 60,000#, guess how big that would be? Dumbass.

Your inability to see beyond the end of your nose limits your thought.
By your reasoning we'd all be using this
1683131856764.jpeg

Rather than these
1683131943780.jpeg

Technology evolves little one even if you do not.

Sigh...

Why would I need to build new nuclear plants on a battlefield?
Wow... you are really a numbskull! DUH... TAXES build military weapons. Who pay taxes? utilities. Who regulates utilities? Government. Who pays the utilities? Evidently dummies like you DON"T as you don't work, you don't think, you have no idea obviously who pays taxes!
AND who pays the utilities who pay the taxes that provide the money to the military for weapons like Abrams tanks? GEEZ ever heard the phrase.."follow the money"?
Obviously NOT!!!

Wow... you are really a numbskull! DUH... TAXES build military weapons. Who pay taxes? utilities. Who regulates utilities? Government. Who pays the utilities? Evidently dummies like you DON"T as you don't work, you don't think, you have no idea obviously who pays taxes!
AND who pays the utilities who pay the taxes that provide the money to the military for weapons like Abrams tanks? GEEZ ever heard the phrase.."follow the money"?
Obviously NOT!!!
Your post talks about the costs to build nuclear power plans for replacing all the vehicles on the road.
Your post had nothing to do with the topic.

Within the scope of YOUR THREAD your post is both way off topic and nonsensical.

View attachment 781808

This is a portable battery. For a tank probably would weigh 500 lbs or so
It can be exchanged in a few seconds
The depleted battery can then be returned to central charging facility.

The more you talk, the more viable the idea becomes and the less intelligent you appear.
YOU guessed that "battery...probably weigh 500 lbs"????

According to test data, the Edition 1 tips the scales at 9063 pounds,
with about a third of that (2923 pounds) in the battery pack alone. The pack weighs more than a Honda Civic sedan.
To give the beefy premium 1000-horsepower Hummer more than 350 miles of range and big eye-catching acceleration, a huge 210-kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery pack was required.https://www.autoweek.com/news/a39449944/problem-with-ev-battery-weight/

1/3 of the weight of the 9,000 lb truck!
Hmmm.. An Abrams tank weighs at 53 tons ((106,000 lbs)M1 Abrams - Wikipedia so using the above ratio 1/3 of 106,000 lbs (or about 35,000 lb battery!
Your "guess" is about 70 TIMES to light at 500 lbs!!!

Also... what kind of re-charging facility because the only ones using renewable energy since Biden GUARANTEES to rid fossil fuels will be Wind turbines or solar panels.
AGAIN each a huge target for the battle field enemies to blow up and then where will the electricity come from to re-charge the batteries.
Oh right you will be driving in the battle field replacement batteries that weigh nearly 3,000 lbs to run an Abrams tank that will need
A 3 foot by 5 foot solar panel generates with five hours of direct sunlight each day, five hours x 250 watts = 1,250 watt-hours or about 1.3 kilowatt-hours daily per panel.
There isn't any estimate of how many kWh to travel one hour for an Abrams tank.
So using the acknowledge experts estimation for a Class 8 Semi-Truck that gets The Class 8 entry is estimated to charge up to 70% level in 30 minutes and consumes less than 2 kWh per mile.
So let's assume then an Abrams take would use 2kWh and a 3'X5' solar panel generates 1.3 kWH one panel would allow an Abrams Tank to travel 1 mile... have to wait for 5 hours to charge at least 2 kWh, to go 1 mile.
RIGHT!!! Got a lot of ground to make up!

Your post talks about the costs to build nuclear power plans for replacing all the vehicles on the road.
Your post had nothing to do with the topic.

Within the scope of YOUR THREAD your post is both way off topic and nonsensical.
AND once again... you make a totally subjective, personal OPINION about "off topical and nonsensical" with no facts.
You recently said the Abrams tank would be able be powered by a 500 lb battery. Where did you get that totally nonsensical amount?

FACTS not guesses!!!
How much an electric vehicle (EV) battery weighs depends greatly on the vehicle and model. On average, however, EV batteries weigh around 454 kg (1,000 pounds), although some can weigh as much as 900 kg (2,000 pounds).

As a rule of thumb, the heavier an EV battery, the more energy it can store and the higher the power it can deliver. Although this relationship is not always straightforward. A larger battery can help increase range, at the same time, the added weight also requires more energy.

YOU guessed that "battery...probably weigh 500 lbs"????

According to test data, the Edition 1 tips the scales at 9063 pounds,
with about a third of that (2923 pounds) in the battery pack alone. The pack weighs more than a Honda Civic sedan.
To give the beefy premium 1000-horsepower Hummer more than 350 miles of range and big eye-catching acceleration, a huge 210-kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery pack was required.https://www.autoweek.com/news/a39449944/problem-with-ev-battery-weight/

1/3 of the weight of the 9,000 lb truck!
Hmmm.. An Abrams tank weighs at 53 tons ((106,000 lbs)M1 Abrams - Wikipedia so using the above ratio 1/3 of 106,000 lbs (or about 35,000 lb battery!
Your "guess" is about 70 TIMES to light at 500 lbs!!!

Also... what kind of re-charging facility because the only ones using renewable energy since Biden GUARANTEES to rid fossil fuels will be Wind turbines or solar panels.
AGAIN each a huge target for the battle field enemies to blow up and then where will the electricity come from to re-charge the batteries.
Oh right you will be driving in the battle field replacement batteries that weigh nearly 3,000 lbs to run an Abrams tank that will need
A 3 foot by 5 foot solar panel generates with five hours of direct sunlight each day, five hours x 250 watts = 1,250 watt-hours or about 1.3 kilowatt-hours daily per panel.
There isn't any estimate of how many kWh to travel one hour for an Abrams tank.
So using the acknowledge experts estimation for a Class 8 Semi-Truck that gets The Class 8 entry is estimated to charge up to 70% level in 30 minutes and consumes less than 2 kWh per mile.
So let's assume then an Abrams take would use 2kWh and a 3'X5' solar panel generates 1.3 kWH one panel would allow an Abrams Tank to travel 1 mile... have to wait for 5 hours to charge at least 2 kWh, to go 1 mile.
RIGHT!!! Got a lot of ground to make up!
And what would the weight and range be in 2035?

Do try to think beyond the end of your nose.

AND once again... you make a totally subjective, personal OPINION about "off topical and nonsensical" with no facts.
You recently said the Abrams tank would be able be powered by a 500 lb battery. Where did you get that totally nonsensical amount?

FACTS not guesses!!!
How much an electric vehicle (EV) battery weighs depends greatly on the vehicle and model. On average, however, EV batteries weigh around 454 kg (1,000 pounds), although some can weigh as much as 900 kg (2,000 pounds).

As a rule of thumb, the heavier an EV battery, the more energy it can store and the higher the power it can deliver. Although this relationship is not always straightforward. A larger battery can help increase range, at the same time, the added weight also requires more energy.
Well, if you insist. Here's a solution for your limited comprehension.

1683140109811.jpeg

I SPECULATE that in the future the components for ev will be smaller and more efficient.
Now imagine, if you can, a tank with, say, 30 such cells that can be replaced individually by cells delivered to the field.

If you're unable to comprehend this then perhaps computers aren't the tool for you.

Your inability to see beyond the end of your nose limits your thought.
By your reasoning we'd all be using this, Rather than these
Technology evolves little one even if you do not.
You can't be an engineering or science major, you're way too stupid.

The Laws of Physics are called Laws for a reason dumbass.

You can say we'll eventually go faster than the speed of light too, right? EV tanks are moronic.

You can say we'll eventually go faster than the speed of light too, right? EV tanks are moronic.
That you're too small minded and not very intelligent is clear.

That you're unable to think clearly beyond your anger and hate is clear.

That you're too stupid to comprehend what the future will bring is also clear.

In 1900 fools like you had the same opinion of the IC engine vs horses
In 1980 fools like you had the same opinion of the PC
Fortunately, most people are smarter than fools like you.

Well, if you insist. Here's a solution for your limited comprehension.

View attachment 781914
I SPECULATE that in the future the components for ev will be smaller and more efficient.
Now imagine, if you can, a tank with, say, 30 such cells that can be replaced individually by cells delivered to the field.

If you're unable to comprehend this then perhaps computers aren't the tool for you.
And where will the electricity be generated? Solar panels... WTs?

More importantly though I'm sure you don't recognize this.. as I was using it to send text messages to my voice activated beeper and we had
a patent pending on this process in January 21,1980 where I used the attached photo with a Racal-Vadic 14.4 kb modem.
My voice active beeper system sent me a voice message asking me what I was sending over the voice active data stream... all before texting on cell phones!
So then I helped create the first kiosk for delivering advertising in a supermarket in 1985. But again you don't seem to be even cognizant what I'm describing!

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 5.02.23 PM.png

And this was my first cell phone in 1985
Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 5.08.40 PM.png

And where will the electricity be generated? Solar panels... WTs?

More importantly though I'm sure you don't recognize this.. as I was using it to send text messages to my voice activated beeper and we had
a patent pending on this process in January 21,1980 where I used the attached photo with a Racal-Vadic 14.4 kb modem.
My voice active beeper system sent me a voice message asking me what I was sending over the voice active data stream... all before texting on cell phones!
So then I helped create the first kiosk for delivering advertising in a supermarket in 1985. But again you don't seem to be even cognizant what I'm describing!

View attachment 781941

And this was my first cell phone in 1985
View attachment 781943
And look what happened. The devices became smaller and more powerful.
Just as has happened with EV technology.
Just as will continue to happen with EV technology.

First of all where are your links substantiating your claims?

I am questioning why people like you ignore the major difference between EVs and gas vehicles and computers.
You don’t even comprehend the distinction.

I’m all in favor of EVs.

But I’m not going to waste my time if you can’t recognize how EV adoption is totally dangerously different than gas engine adoption and computers adoption.
I’ll give you a clue.
"Specifically, the President will sign an Executive Order that sets an ambitious new target to make half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell electric vehicles."

Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, Tightens Pollution ...

The New York Times
The New York Times - Breaking News, US News, World News and Videos › 2021/08/05 › climate › biden...
Nov 9, 2021 — WASHINGTON — President Biden on Thursday announced a multistep strategy aimed at rapidly shifting Americans from gasoline-powered cars and
Federal Government Makes Historic Investment in Electric ...
Great Plains Institute
Great Plains Institute - Transforming the Energy System to Benefit the Economy and Environment › blog › federal-government-...
Aug 16, 2022 — One billion dollars in funding for clean heavy-duty vehicles like electric school and transit buses, which eliminate diesel exhaust emissions ...
Electric Vehicles & Rural Transportation
Department of Transportation (.gov)
Department of Transportation › rural
The Federal Government has set a goal to make half of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, and to build a convenient and equitable ...

I did several Google searches but could find NO where there was any actions to encourage gas vehicles or the use of computers.
But today the government PAYING for $1 Billion for EV buses.
Encourage through tax incentives that 50% of EV vehicles by 2030.

But there was nothing equivalent to that for gas vehicles and computers.

You still not understand the difference?

Now remember the purpose of EVs is to reduce CO2 emissions.
The top 10 global producers of Li-ion batteries for electric vehicles are all Asian companies, according to an analysis posted on the Visual Capitalist.
Chinese companies make up 56% of the EV battery market, followed by Korean companies (26%) and Japanese manufacturers (10%). 92%!
YET Biden and ignorant people encouraging EVs to reduce CO2, don't seem to realize while encouraging EVs that will use the Lithium
from the country that produces 56% of lithium for batteries comes from the top CO2 emission country?
1. China is the largest emitter of carbon dioxide gas in the world, with 10,668 million metric tons emitted in 2020.
So we have ignorant government encouraging the biggest CO2 Emission country that produces Lithium for EVs.... BUT remember that's supposedly
why the dummies are using government funding, tax credits, to encourage lithium purchases from the country with the most CO2 emissions!
SO tell me are you aware that there was NO market incentives for gas vehicles or computers... the comparisons you offered!
While all those fools against gas cars and computers were fools... at least they were smart enough to do what is NOT being done by "fools" like you...
While I'm in favor of EVs...LET THE MARKET decide...Not the government !

First of all where are your links substantiating your claims?

I am questioning why people like you ignore the major difference between EVs and gas vehicles and computers.
You don’t even comprehend the distinction.

I’m all in favor of EVs.

But I’m not going to waste my time if you can’t recognize how EV adoption is totally dangerously different than gas engine adoption and computers adoption.
I’ll give you a clue.
"Specifically, the President will sign an Executive Order that sets an ambitious new target to make half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell electric vehicles."

Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, Tightens Pollution ...
The New York Times
The New York Times - Breaking News, US News, World News and Videos › 2021/08/05 › climate › biden...
Nov 9, 2021 — WASHINGTON — President Biden on Thursday announced a multistep strategy aimed at rapidly shifting Americans from gasoline-powered cars and
Federal Government Makes Historic Investment in Electric ...
Great Plains Institute
Great Plains Institute - Transforming the Energy System to Benefit the Economy and Environment › blog › federal-government-...
Aug 16, 2022 — One billion dollars in funding for clean heavy-duty vehicles like electric school and transit buses, which eliminate diesel exhaust emissions ...
Electric Vehicles & Rural Transportation
Department of Transportation (.gov)
Department of Transportation › rural
The Federal Government has set a goal to make half of all new vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, and to build a convenient and equitable ...

I did several Google searches but could find NO where there was any actions to encourage gas vehicles or the use of computers.
But today the government PAYING for $1 Billion for EV buses.
Encourage through tax incentives that 50% of EV vehicles by 2030.

But there was nothing equivalent to that for gas vehicles and computers.

You still not understand the difference?

Now remember the purpose of EVs is to reduce CO2 emissions.
The top 10 global producers of Li-ion batteries for electric vehicles are all Asian companies, according to an analysis posted on the Visual Capitalist.
Chinese companies make up 56% of the EV battery market, followed by Korean companies (26%) and Japanese manufacturers (10%). 92%!
YET Biden and ignorant people encouraging EVs to reduce CO2, don't seem to realize while encouraging EVs that will use the Lithium
from the country that produces 56% of lithium for batteries comes from the top CO2 emission country?
1. China is the largest emitter of carbon dioxide gas in the world, with 10,668 million metric tons emitted in 2020.
So we have ignorant government encouraging the biggest CO2 Emission country that produces Lithium for EVs.... BUT remember that's supposedly
why the dummies are using government funding, tax credits, to encourage lithium purchases from the country with the most CO2 emissions!
SO tell me are you aware that there was NO market incentives for gas vehicles or computers... the comparisons you offered!
While all those fools against gas cars and computers were fools... at least they were smart enough to do what is NOT being done by "fools" like you...
While I'm in favor of EVs...LET THE MARKET decide...Not the government !
WOW!
All those words and not a single syllable relevant to this thread.

1. In 1900 no one doubted the IC or steam engines vs horses, liar.
2. In 1980? You're posting with a guy who used a sliderule in college, dumbass. Lying again. PCs were selling like hotcakes, no one doubted their viability.

You can't refute the science, so you post nonsensical platitudes. As I said before, if EV tanks were better the DOD would be pushing for them.
Wasting resources on them in the name of climate change is moronic. Those research funds would be better spent elsewhere.

Correct.
If you have a 8,000kWh battery with the capacity to take a charge as fast as you can send it, the time to charge is limited by the output of the power source.
This will never change.

1. In 1900 no one doubted the IC or steam engines vs horses, liar.
2. In 1980? You're posting with a guy who used a sliderule in college, dumbass. Lying again. PCs were selling like hotcakes, no one doubted their viability.

You can't refute the science, so you post nonsensical platitudes. As I said before, if EV tanks were better the DOD would be pushing for them.
Wasting resources on them in the name of climate change is moronic. Those research funds would be better spent elsewhere.
1. Demonstrated ignorance Get A Horse! America’s Skepticism Toward the First Automobiles | The Saturday Evening Post
(and lying since I never mentioned steam engines)
2. Again, demonstrated ignorance. In 1980 IBM was getting ready to introduce the PC. There was APPLE II and the TRS80 in the mainstream. Beyond that mini from DEC and HP in the mass market with IBM and a couple of others in the mainframe.

So, we've demonstrated clearly ou don't know what you're talking about and are lying to cover that absolute fact.

Give your dishonesty and ignorance on the topic we'll assume your opinion is just as worthy as the "facts" you use to support it.

1. Demonstrated ignorance Get A Horse! America’s Skepticism Toward the First Automobiles | The Saturday Evening Post
2. Again, demonstrated ignorance. In 1980 IBM was getting ready to introduce the PC. There was APPLE II and the TRS80 in the mainstream. Beyond that mini from DEC and HP in the mass market with IBM and a couple of others in the mainframe.
So, we've demonstrated clearly you don't know what you're talking about and are lying to cover that absolute fact.
Give your dishonesty and ignorance on the topic we'll assume your opinion is just as worthy as the "facts" you use to support it.
You demonstrated you have no science or military background and are unqualified to even discuss this EV tank subject matter.
Asinine, stupid, moronic, impractical, unscientific, all don't begin to describe your unintelligent defense of EV tanks.
Red herrings don't get it kid. You can't answer the thread title, even the mods warned you to stop spouting nonsense.

So, we've demonstrated clearly ou don't know what you're talking about and are lying to cover that absolute fact.

And I used the Commodore PET, then the Trash80, (my first spreadsheet was Multiple) then became an Apple user since the Mac128 in 1986!
Fixed a burned capacitor in my Mac128.
BUT the whole point of this personal history lesson is to share my history with computers. And in personal experience NOT one Federal program supported
at that time the development of personal computers with the total dollars, executive orders... Biden's Federal Sustainability Plan requires federal agencies to transition the largest fleet in the world to all electric by acquiring 100 percent light-duty ZEVs annually by 2027 and acquiring 100 percent medium- and heavy-duty ZEVs annually by 2035.
FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Announces New Private and Public Sector Investments for Affordable Electric Vehicles | The White House.
BUT what this idiot has done is this: Apr 24, 2023 — Biden has pledged that the power business will decarbonize by 2035.

Rather than letting the will of the MARKETPLACE, Biden will FORCE all Americans into EVs. With the help of the Federal government by raising taxes!
Didn't happen with horses to gasoline, adding machines to computers but the Federal Government without planning evidently as to how to replace the 3,400 fossil fuel plants that generate 61% of the 4.615 Trillion kWh.
Have you heard of any plans to replace these 3,400 fossil fuel plants PLUS the additional 700+ power plants for the additional EVs consumption?

You demonstrated you have no science or military background and are unqualified to even discuss this EV tank subject matter.
Asinine, stupid, moronic, impractical, unscientific, all don't begin to describe your unintelligent defense of EV tanks.
Red herrings don't get it kid. You can't answer the thread title, even the mods warned you to stop spouting nonsense.
And you think the PC was selling big time a year before it was released.

BWAHAHAHHA

And that "horse people" were all lined up behind the auto in 1900.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

You are an ignorant fool desiring importance when all you really have is impotence.

Forum List

Back