So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?

And I used the Commodore PET, then the Trash80, (my first spreadsheet was Multiple) then became an Apple user since the Mac128 in 1986!
Fixed a burned capacitor in my Mac128.
BUT the whole point of this personal history lesson is to share my history with computers. And in personal experience NOT one Federal program supported
at that time the development of personal computers with the total dollars, executive orders... Biden's Federal Sustainability Plan requires federal agencies to transition the largest fleet in the world to all electric by acquiring 100 percent light-duty ZEVs annually by 2027 and acquiring 100 percent medium- and heavy-duty ZEVs annually by 2035.
FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Announces New Private and Public Sector Investments for Affordable Electric Vehicles | The White House.
BUT what this idiot has done is this: Apr 24, 2023 — Biden has pledged that the power business will decarbonize by 2035.

Rather than letting the will of the MARKETPLACE, Biden will FORCE all Americans into EVs. With the help of the Federal government by raising taxes!
Didn't happen with horses to gasoline, adding machines to computers but the Federal Government without planning evidently as to how to replace the 3,400 fossil fuel plants that generate 61% of the 4.615 Trillion kWh.
Have you heard of any plans to replace these 3,400 fossil fuel plants PLUS the additional 700+ power plants for the additional EVs consumption?

Your inability to address the actual topic is staggering.

And you think the PC was selling big time a year before it was released.
And that "horse people" were all lined up behind the auto in 1900.
You are an ignorant fool desiring importance when all you really have is impotence.
This thread is about EV tanks dumbass, and how to charge them in battle.

You have no answers because you're too fucking stupid to debate this subject. Let me guess, art-history major?

EV tanks are not going to happen, moron.

This thread is about EV tanks dumbass, and how to charge them in battle.

You have no answers because you're too fucking stupid to debate this subject. Let me guess, art-history major?

EV tanks are not going to happen, moron.
When you're getting your ass handed to you you tend to use words like moron and dumbass often.
Your lack of understanding of the topic and general ignorance are not unexpected.

But... but... but... can't you just replace some of the reactive armor with solar panels for recharging in the field? :laughing0301: :oops:

And you think the PC was selling big time a year before it was released.

BWAHAHAHHA

And that "horse people" were all lined up behind the auto in 1900.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

You are an ignorant fool desiring importance when all you really have is impotence.
But not one shred of proof!
Your inability to address the actual topic is staggering.
This is the title of the post:

So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?​

Now your comment: "Your inability to address the actual topic is staggering."
Is that your comment? I wrote the actual topic being where will a tank get the electricity and YOU devolved the comments to
You wrote: "I don't disagree but the topic from my perspective is can it be done? "
And that shows YOU lied! You asked the question can it be done!
So you not only LIED because THAT wasn't the topic! I asked the question in the title not if it could be done, BUT WHERE WILL the electricity come from?
Again you lied calling me a liar because I asked a question and NOW you are demonstrating your "inability to address the actual topic!
Just to make sure YOU UNDERSTAND the title and the points I'm making this is the point of the comment.
Idiots evidently don't know where electricity comes from! I know , I know... but without deeper analysis of current EV issues the ability to delivery
electricity for re-charging Tanks, cars, and trucks has NOT been discussed! I've brought to your attention that in the USA we'll see an immense shortage of
electricity for EV cars/trucks BUT where will the electricity for the tanks come from in foreign countries?
EVs sound promising BUT THE COST is totally out of reach!
Have you considered in the additional cost to provide :
Replacing 3,400 fossil fuel plants that the average electric plant creating 376 billion kWh or 30% of current 4.165 Trillion kWh or 1.279 Trillion of total kWh.
Each new non-fossil fuel plant at a cost of $7 billion for a nuclear plant.
https://www.synapse-energy.com/site....Nuclear-Plant-Construction-Costs.A0022_0.pdf
Total to replace current 3,400 fossil fuel plants with nuclear .... total cost $23,800,000,000,000... $23 Trillion to replace fossil fuel. BUT that also doesn't
include the additional nuclear plants to generate an ADDITIONAL 14.166 Trillion kWh if just 50% of American cars/trucks are EVs.
Again 14.166 Trillion additional kWh for EVs for nuclear plants average 376 billion kWh/plant or that means an additional 37,653 nuclear plants!
Now if you don't believe it YOU figure out as I have that 50% of cars/trucks will consume 14.166 Trillion kWh divided by 376 billion kWh is 37,653 nuclear plants.
OR at $7 billion per nuclear plant : or a total cost for 37,653 nuclear plants to achieve for 50% cars/trucks the kWh... $263,572,979,616,413... $263 Trillion.
Adding the 3,400 replacement fossil fuels plants cost os $23.8 Trillion means over $293 TRILLION!

So where will we get the money to pay for EV Abrams tanks?

50%evs050423.png

When you're getting your ass handed to you you tend to use words like moron and dumbass often.
Your lack of understanding of the topic and general ignorance are not unexpected.
The military/industrial complex has procured a lot of hardware over the years that have hurt our own forces. Technology is advancing as we know. A lot of money has been spent on green energy. Solar panels should be the size of postage stamps with high output from all of the magazines touting it from decades ago. Forcing this on us may make that energy get here earlier a couple of decades. Many people are going to suffer. Progs do not care. It is the almighty agenda and people are thrown away when not needed.

Another non-answer. You type off-topic words because when you put EV numbers down they turn to shit, like everything Joe Biden touches.

Here is my post #201 that you couldn't refute. Maybe you don't even have a degree? That would not surprise me. You never answer questions, too embarrassed or too stupid?

"The more you post the dumber you look. Portable batteries won't work dumbass.
You're obviously not an engineering or science major, are you?
You don't swap out batteries for large vehicles, you recharge them.
The larger the vehicle, the bigger the batteries, duh. A little Tesla car has a battery that weighs 1,200#.
You thinking that a tank battery could weigh 500# is moronic.
A tank battery would need to weigh at least 60,000#, guess how big that would be? Dumbass."

But not one shred of proof!

This is the title of the post:

So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?​

Now your comment: "Your inability to address the actual topic is staggering."
Is that your comment? I wrote the actual topic being where will a tank get the electricity and YOU devolved the comments to
You wrote: "I don't disagree but the topic from my perspective is can it be done? "
And that shows YOU lied! You asked the question can it be done!
So you not only LIED because THAT wasn't the topic! I asked the question in the title not if it could be done, BUT WHERE WILL the electricity come from?
Again you lied calling me a liar because I asked a question and NOW you are demonstrating your "inability to address the actual topic!
Just to make sure YOU UNDERSTAND the title and the points I'm making this is the point of the comment.
Idiots evidently don't know where electricity comes from! I know , I know... but without deeper analysis of current EV issues the ability to delivery
electricity for re-charging Tanks, cars, and trucks has NOT been discussed! I've brought to your attention that in the USA we'll see an immense shortage of
electricity for EV cars/trucks BUT where will the electricity for the tanks come from in foreign countries?
EVs sound promising BUT THE COST is totally out of reach!
Have you considered in the additional cost to provide :
Replacing 3,400 fossil fuel plants that the average electric plant creating 376 billion kWh or 30% of current 4.165 Trillion kWh or 1.279 Trillion of total kWh.
Each new non-fossil fuel plant at a cost of $7 billion for a nuclear plant.
https://www.synapse-energy.com/site....Nuclear-Plant-Construction-Costs.A0022_0.pdf
Total to replace current 3,400 fossil fuel plants with nuclear .... total cost $23,800,000,000,000... $23 Trillion to replace fossil fuel. BUT that also doesn't
include the additional nuclear plants to generate an ADDITIONAL 14.166 Trillion kWh if just 50% of American cars/trucks are EVs.
Again 14.166 Trillion additional kWh for EVs for nuclear plants average 376 billion kWh/plant or that means an additional 37,653 nuclear plants!
Now if you don't believe it YOU figure out as I have that 50% of cars/trucks will consume 14.166 Trillion kWh divided by 376 billion kWh is 37,653 nuclear plants.
OR at $7 billion per nuclear plant : or a total cost for 37,653 nuclear plants to achieve for 50% cars/trucks the kWh... $263,572,979,616,413... $263 Trillion.
Adding the 3,400 replacement fossil fuels plants cost os $23.8 Trillion means over $293 TRILLION!

So where will we get the money to pay for EV Abrams tanks?

View attachment 782279
No, sonny, I called you a liar because you lied.
My responses to the OP question are on topic. "Where do you get electricity?" is the same as "can it be done?"

ANd your continued inability to stick to the topic is unsurprising.

What does the milage of a EV car have to do with getting electricity to EVs on the battlefield.

Your letting your ideology block your reason.

If we chose to, the technology exists TODAY to build EV battlefield vehicles as well as transport both them and fuel supplies.

Personally, I think it's still fighting the last war, but with batteries rather than diesel. A fleet of $5000 drones will render any sized armored group ineffective and they can be delivered to the battlefield in the back of an amazon truck.

Let's face it. For you, this is not about the feasibility of the topic, no, this is about your mind being so clouded by anger and hate that the Secretary could have said "Jesus was the son of God" and you'd be making arguments against Christianity, God, Jesus and pita bread.

The military/industrial complex has procured a lot of hardware over the years that have hurt our own forces. Technology is advancing as we know. A lot of money has been spent on green energy. Solar panels should be the size of postage stamps with high output from all of the magazines touting it from decades ago. Forcing this on us may make that energy get here earlier a couple of decades. Many people are going to suffer. Progs do not care. It is the almighty agenda and people are thrown away when not needed.
Many people are going to suffer because we choose to use batteries?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I suppose your heroes at EXXON will have some work to do.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The larger the vehicle, the bigger the batteries, duh. A little Tesla car has a battery that weighs 1,200#.
A tank battery would need to weigh at least 60,000#, guess how big that would be? Dumbass."
At -least- 60,000lbs.
Compared to ~3750 for 500 gallons of diesel.
500 gal diesel is about 8,000kWh power; this will last an M1 about 8 hours in the field.

Another non-answer. You type off-topic words because when you put EV numbers down they turn to shit, like everything Joe Biden touches.

Here is my post #201 that you couldn't refute. Maybe you don't even have a degree? That would not surprise me. You never answer questions, too embarrassed or too stupid?

"The more you post the dumber you look. Portable batteries won't work dumbass.
In 1993 my first cell phone weighed 2.5 pounds and had a battery life in use of less than 2 hours.
The phone I have now weighs 4.5 ounces, has an in use battery life of 8 hours as well as email, GPS, internet...
The same is true for all of these technologies.

Maybe if you'd stop allowing your ideology to dim your mind you could see things clearer

Bachelors Computer Science, Accounting minors Physics, Statistics
Not that it matters. whatever education you've received left you dumber than a sack of used diapers.

No, sonny, I called you a liar because you lied.
My responses to the OP question are on topic. "Where do you get electricity?" is the same as "can it be done?"

ANd your continued inability to stick to the topic is unsurprising.

What does the milage of a EV car have to do with getting electricity to EVs on the battlefield.

Your letting your ideology block your reason.

If we chose to, the technology exists TODAY to build EV battlefield vehicles as well as transport both them and fuel supplies.

Personally, I think it's still fighting the last war, but with batteries rather than diesel. A fleet of $5000 drones will render any sized armored group ineffective and they can be delivered to the battlefield in the back of an amazon truck.

Let's face it. For you, this is not about the feasibility of the topic, no, this is about your mind being so clouded by anger and hate that the Secretary could have said "Jesus was the son of God" and you'd be making arguments against Christianity, God, Jesus and pita bread.
You wrote:" If we chose to, the technology exists TODAY to build EV battlefield vehicles as well as transport both them and fuel supplies."
You provide no facts... just guesses that the technology exists today to operate EV tanks!
NOW that maybe true, I doubt it because YOU provide NO proof!
But that is NOT the reason it couldn't be done today!

Simple fact... where would the electricity come from that charges the batteries the EV Abrams tank ?
Electric Generating Capacities....TODAY with FACTS!!!
United States

Today electric generating plants in the USA create 4,165,030,000,000 kWh.
Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all 11,070 total power plants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) !
Ukraine
Today electric generating plants in Ukraine create 62,624,000 kWh
Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all 743 total power plants Ukraine’s energy security landscape mapped: where are the country’s power plants located?

Since I couldn't find any statistics on how many kWh an Abrams EV tank would use I'm using a standard Semi-Truck kWh/mile of 2 kWh/mile.
So the Ukraine army with 1,000 EV Abrams tanks (if they existed...) traveling 50 miles a day 6 days a week, 52 weeks over 31,200,000 kWh or nearly half of the total Ukraine generating production of 62,624,000 kWh! AND THAT would be TODAY if possible!

OH wait the USA would pay Ukraine to build a solar panel farm that would generate the 31.2 million kWh.... right ..TODAY's technology right!!!
Or oh yea will build batteries that will be replaced batteries today that hold an average charge of 40kWh.

The average capacity is around 40kWh, Electric vehicles | Battery | Capacity and Lifespan.
Dadoalex... "Let it be clear"..."I'm not kidding"...(Using your idol Biden's favorite phrases...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

I'm not against EVs! What I am against is the ill planning to provide the electricity generating resources ! That fact has NOT been addressed by anyone in the media and much less the Biden administration nor for that fact the GOP ! With the CURRENT technology... Dadoalex.... generating 50% EVs in the USA we all, homeowners, condo, etc. that don't have solar panels or land big enough to hold the 34.214 Million solar panels or 18,409 square miles to hold them to generate the additional 18.331 TRILLION kWh to charge the 50% EVs. Current technology accounted for !
But again, you et.al. don't seem to comprehend where the electricity comes from to charge the batteries of the re-chargers to charge an EV!
I feel like the 10 year old kid watching adults scratching their heads wondering how to remove a truck stuck under a bridge and the kid yelling
" let some air out of the tires"!! Why don't people comprehend that EVs use electricity and where will that electricity come from?

Simple fact... where would the electricity come from that charges the batteries the EV Abrams tank ?
Diesel powered generators.
It will take a 1000kW generator ~8 hours to recharge an M1.
Technology can't change that.

Last edited:
At -least- 60,000lbs.
Compared to ~3750 for 500 gallons of diesel.
500 gal diesel is about 8,000kWh power; this will last an M1 about 8 hours in the field.
LOL!! Can you imagine how ridiculous the first prototype would look?
So much for that low-profile look. I'm picturing a light weight tank pulling a big battery pack, like a tractor-trailer.
Ridiculous by any standard. PLUS just think of the wasted EV energy towing a second tank (the 60,000# battery) everywhere it goes.
Its range might be 100 yards!! LOL!!

In 1993 my first cell phone weighed 2.5 pounds and had a battery life in use of less than 2 hours.
The phone I have now weighs 4.5 ounces, has an in use battery life of 8 hours as well as email, GPS, internet...
The same is true for all of these technologies.
Maybe if you'd stop allowing your ideology to dim your mind you could see things clearer
Bachelors Computer Science, Accounting minors Physics, Statistics
Not that it matters. whatever education you've received left you dumber than a sack of used diapers.
I call bullshit. If you had any science courses you'd see how ridiculous EV tanks are, at least for the foreseeable future.
For a continuation please see my post #236 above.
You're basing your position on the assumption that at some point in the future EV tanks would be viable.
That does NOT help today's US military, EV tank research today will only waste money and hurt readiness.

LOL!! Can you imagine how ridiculous the first prototype would look?
Prototype?
If they want this done by 2030, there's no time for a new tank - they need to retrofit existing vehicles.
Now, swapping the turbine/transmission for electric motors is easy enough - but there's no place to put the batteries.
500gal is about 66ft3, so about 4.5'x4.5' by3.5'

Here 's a model of Abrams the engine bay, with the power pack removed - I could not find a clean photo image of same.
The turbine assembly is grey, the tranny is white. Assuming the electric motors and drives fit in the space of the tranny, you can see how much space you free up for batteries.
The fuel tanks sit up front by the driver. Battery installation and replacement? No so easy.

fsmwb0517_ryefield_abrams_09.jpg

Diesel powered generators.
It will take a 1000kW generator ~8 hours to recharge an M1.
Technology can't change that.
Oh I appreciate your comment...the only question I have will there be solar panels connected to the generator to create electricity to the generator OR
will the generator require gas/diesel fuel? HMMM ...
If it is coming from solar panels the average 3 foot X 5 foot panel generates 2 kWh/day per panel
FACT:https://www.gotrhythm.com/blog/solar-energy/how-much-power-does-a-solar-panel-produce...
or about 500 solar panels at 3'X5' = 15 sq.ft or 7,500 sq. feet and 5 hours to charge the generator to recharge an M1.
Or else is the 1,000 kWh generator fossil fueled? Really???

Forum List

Back