So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?

Because on the internet
Clowns lie you can be anything they want.

Horses will never be replaced by trucks

So, future and present moron, what we have here are fossil fueled tanks getting their asses kicked by guys with tractors and you think this is the technology of the future.

You should be more careful using words like "moron," moron. In your cases they're simply reflective.
Let me know when you come up with your solar powered submarines, Simp.

In how many years will all tanks be obsolete? (Too big too heavy too much supply chain.)
Will wars be fought by flying robots with AI and advanced weapons?
Targets too small and fast to waste a big weapon on.

Mostly those small kamikaze drones that they use in Ukraine to kill soldiers.
Tanks would be killed by smart artillery or bigger drones.

I wouldn't waste any military budget on EV tank development.
Will wars become too destructive to consider? EMPs would wreck economies for a generation.

If you want to look at the future, think big. Tanks are so old school.

I don't disagree but the topic from my perspective is can it be done? We went from propellers to jets in five years, to the moon in 10 years, From computers requiring 10k sf, their own power and AC to tablets with more computing power in 30 years. We cleaned up the Cuyahoga river. It is a matter of will.

Let me know when you come up with your solar powered submarines, Simp.
It's be on the same day you say something with the tiniest bit of intelligence.

BTW...You do know that the diesels charge batteries for running silent, don't you?

I don't disagree but the topic from my perspective is can it be done? We went from propellers to jets in five years, to the moon in 10 years, From computers requiring 10k sf, their own power and AC to tablets with more computing power in 30 years. We cleaned up the Cuyahoga river. It is a matter of will.
IMHO its not a matter of "will", its a matter of practicality.
Being able to do something is different than doing the best solution.
Let the military experts do their thing w/o greenies fucking things up for no reason.

Remember, if the US and EU vanished today it would make zero difference regarding "climate change".
China and India are the drivers for climate change, they are what needs to change not us.

In how many years will all tanks be obsolete? (Too big too heavy too much supply chain.)
Will wars be fought by flying robots with AI and advanced weapons?
Targets too small and fast to waste a big weapon on.

Mostly those small kamikaze drones that they use in Ukraine to kill soldiers.
Tanks would be killed by smart artillery or bigger drones.

I wouldn't waste any military budget on EV tank development.
Will wars become too destructive to consider? EMPs would wreck economies for a generation.

If you want to look at the future, think big. Tanks are so old school.
You are 100% right! MAD (mutual assured destruction) was a major civilization threat...
But Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), (Intense electric and magnetic fields of an EMP can damage unprotected electronics and electronic equipment over a large area. Communications infrastructure (cell towers, telecommunications switches, dishes, radar) will be significantly affected),would destroy OUR society before the first retaliatory missile was launched!
The same wasted money on building the 14 Trillion kWh electric generation plants AND EV tanks, SHOULD be spent on developing ways to
protect the the communications and electronic equipment from EMP affects.

Let the military experts do their thing w/o greenies fucking things up for no reason.

Remember, if the US and EU vanished today it would make zero difference regarding "climate change".
China and India are the drivers for climate change, they are what needs to change not us.
And this idiot Biden ( administration is preparing to scale down sanctions on Venezuela's authoritarian regime to allow Chevron Corp....)
while Biden the guarantor"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

in the USA pompously to reduce CO2 emissions are not not smart enough to see this chart!
worstoilpollutingcontries.png

Last edited:
I don't know if you will understand the simple details but the costs are very dynamic in moving to EVs for just cars/trucks is this:
Bidens50%EVs041923.png

And where will the 12.45 TRILLION...ADDITIONAL kWh come?
90%EVs033123.png

Or the low assumption of just 11.4% by 2030 will require 1.483 Trillion kWh..
if11.4carsEVsin2030.png

Have you really looked at the cost of building anywhere from 102 NEW NUCLEAR power plants to 860 plants at a cost of up to $6 Trillion plants.
Who will pay for it?
All of the 129 million households either directly or indirectly through the businesses passing the skyrocketing utility bills to consumers!
$6 Trillion divided by the above households will mean their electric bill will increase almost $200/month for 20 years or nearly double just to create
the power plants to power the EVs!

In 2021, the average U.S. household spent $122 per month on electricity, How Much Is the Average Electric Bill? - NerdWallet

Great, get back to us in 30 years when you have a viable solution.

Do try to stay on topic.

Give current technologies, technological development trends and direction EV military equipment is entirely feasible if we choose to pursue it.

I don't know if you will understand the simple details but the costs are very dynamic in moving to EVs for just cars/trucks is this:
View attachment 781629
And where will the 12.45 TRILLION...ADDITIONAL kWh come?
View attachment 781632
Or the low assumption of just 11.4% by 2030 will require 1.483 Trillion kWh..
View attachment 781634

Have you really looked at the cost of building anywhere from 102 NEW NUCLEAR power plants to 860 plants at a cost of up to $6 Trillion plants.
Who will pay for it?
All of the 129 million households either directly or indirectly through the businesses passing the skyrocketing utility bills to consumers!
$6 Trillion divided by the above households will mean their electric bill will increase almost $200/month for 20 years or nearly double just to create
the power plants to power the EVs!

In 2021, the average U.S. household spent $122 per month on electricity, How Much Is the Average Electric Bill? - NerdWallet
What the hell has that to do with ...ANYTHING... in this thread?

and

Solar
Geothermal
Hydro...

Do try to stay on topic.
Give current technologies, technological development trends and direction EV military equipment is entirely feasible if we choose to pursue it.
EV tanks is bullshit, Pie in the sky, Nonsense. A totally half-baked solution that will get soldiers killed on the battlefield without affecting climate change.

Its the military's call. Period. Full stop.

There is no time during a battle for a "time-out" to charge 60 - 80 tanks. (to answer the thread title)

Or what if the tanks get separated from their supply line, i.e. a bridge gets blown up or enemy tanks cut the re-supply route?

Tanks need to be refueled in minutes not hours.

Last edited:
The subject is

So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?

Stay on it or leave the thread.

But there's tie to turn around and head back to the gas station?
Maybe pick up a burrito and slurpee while you're there?
Try think beyond your next hatefest and see what the future will bring.
OH and SPACE FORCE
Can't defend taking hours to recharge each tank vs minutes to load fuel?
Plus lugging tons of extra equipment around.
How would you recharge 80 tanks in a night battle?
Lug fuel and generators? Dumbass.
Thanks for playing.

p.s. the mod just smacked your peepee (#195) for NOT answering the thread title. My recommendation is to stop posting here.

Yeah, the lack of connection is clear.
Thus the question.
EVs be they Abrams TANKS or Cars/Trucks mean definitely TRILLIONS of dollars in increased costs to develop EV Abrams tanks to building anywhere from thousands of electric generating utilities! Easily $20 to $50 TRILLION cost to Americans to develop tanks to nuclear power plants.
AGAIN I'm not saying this! The experts in EVs are the sources for these facts.
Where will the trillions of dollars come from for Americans needs for electricity let alone for developing Abrams tanks?
EVssummary041823.png

Can't defend taking hours to recharge each tank vs minutes to load fuel?
Plus lugging tons of extra equipment around.
How would you recharge 80 tanks in a night battle?
Lug fuel and generators? Dumbass.
Thanks for playing.

p.s. the mod just smacked your peepee (#195) for NOT answering the thread title. My recommendation is to stop posting here.
1683122668006.jpeg

This is a portable battery. For a tank probably would weigh 500 lbs or so
It can be exchanged in a few seconds
The depleted battery can then be returned to central charging facility.

The more you talk, the more viable the idea becomes and the less intelligent you appear.

The subject is

Stay on it or leave the thread.
Maybe take it up with the OP and post 199.

EVs be they Abrams TANKS or Cars/Trucks mean definitely TRILLIONS of dollars in increased costs to develop EV Abrams tanks to building anywhere from thousands of electric generating utilities! Easily $20 to $50 TRILLION cost to Americans to develop tanks to nuclear power plants.
AGAIN I'm not saying this! The experts in EVs are the sources for these facts.
Where will the trillions of dollars come from for Americans needs for electricity let alone for developing Abrams tanks?
View attachment 781795
Sigh...

Why would I need to build new nuclear plants on a battlefield?

Forum List

Back