So you are a Army EV tank commander fighting in a foreign country, where do you get the electricity to charge the tank in the midst of a battle?

The weight of the battery system and the space they take up to run a 60 ton tank for any significant time.
An Abrams carries 500 gal of fuel; in the field it burns this in about 8 hours.
That 500 gallons of fuel represents about 8,000kWh of power.

The current Tesla-X has a 100kWh battery; it weights about 1150 lbs.

Do the math.

Military experts know the subject matter better than you do, moron.

The stupid Marxists in the WH have no clue WTF EV tanks' weaknesses are, they just want a "green" military no matter how many soldiers it kills in battle.

This subject will cost Biden veteran's votes in 2024. Vets know stupid when they see it.

How are the US and German tanks doing in Ukraine? None of them are EV dumbass.
Military experts know the future? BWAHAHAHA
I asked how Russian tanks were doing.
You're an idiot. An illiterate idiot but an idiot nonetheless.

Educate yourself fool.

Military experts know the future? BWAHAHAHA

Educate yourself fool.
Yep, idiot confirmed. Law of thermodynamics, dumbass.

Tell ya what, you make your electric tanks, and I'll make diesel, diesel hybrid electric, or steam ones and let's see who wins!

:D
All that's needed to win is to keep going until the electric one runs out of juice.

Funny you bring that up!!!
A 3 foot by 5 foot solar panel generates with five hours of direct sunlight each day, five hours x 250 watts = 1,250 watt-hours or about 1.3 kilowatt-hours daily per panel.
There isn't any estimate of how many kWh to travel one hour for an Abrams tank.
So using the acknowledge experts estimation for a Class 8 Semi-Truck that is estimated to charge up to 70% level in 30 minutes and consumes less than 2 kWh per mile.
So let's assume then an Abrams tank would use 2kWh and a 3'X5' solar panel generates 1.3 kWH then one panel would allow an Abrams Tank to travel 1 mile... have to wait for 5 hours to charge at least 2 kWh, to go 1 mile.

Yep, idiot confirmed. Law of thermodynamics, dumbass.

Tell ya what, you make your electric tanks, and I'll make diesel, diesel hybrid electric, or steam ones and let's see who wins!

:D
All that's needed to win is to keep going until the electric one runs out of juice.
Or yours run out of gas.
I'll guess from your moronic response that you never bothered to educate yourself on the topic.

There isn't any estimate of how many kWh to travel one hour for an Abrams tank.
They consume 60gal/hr in the field. About 1000kWh.
So let's assume then an Abrams tank would use 2kWh and a 3'X5' solar panel generates 1.3 kWH then one panel would allow an Abrams Tank to travel 1 mile... have to wait for 5 hours to charge at least 2 kWh, to go 1 mile.
Insane, isn't it?

Military experts know the future?
Educate yourself fool.
1. Military experts prepare for the future moron. That's all they do all day.
2. Russian tanks never do well in battle moron.
3. Ben Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac" had a quote "Learn of the skillful, he that teaches himself hath a fool for a master". The morons pushing for EV tanks have no clue what tank warfare is about.

3. Ben Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac" had a quote "Learn of the skillful, he that teaches himself hath a fool for a master". The morons pushing for EV tanks have no clue what tank warfare is about.
Democrats:
Dogma > Reality

Let me correct it for you...

"I wrote: So you, like Granholm, think a new generation of EV Abram tanks will be ALL developed, produced and ready for action by 2030? "

It is a statement. The statement is a lie. Anything beyond your lie is unworthy of discussion.
Statements do not end in ? marks!
So assuming your position that my comment that was a question, is a lie so than this must be true per Dadoalex!
"Is Dadoalex that dumb to think that asking a question is making a statement?" Using your rule that asking a question is making a statement
so that question makes this "Is Dadoalex that dumb" true because he believes every question is true or a lie!
As I proved..
Can a question be a lie? An empirical investigation

In several recent papers and a monograph, Andreas Stokke argues that questions can be misleading, but that they cannot be lies. The aim of this paper is to show that ordinary speakers disagree. We show that ordinary speakers judge certain kinds of insincere questions to be lies, namely questions carrying a believed false presupposition the speaker intends to convey.

1. Military experts prepare for the future moron. That's all they do all day.
2. Russian tanks never do well in battle moron.
Because on the internet
Clowns lie you can be anything they want.

Horses will never be replaced by trucks

So, future and present moron, what we have here are fossil fueled tanks getting their asses kicked by guys with tractors and you think this is the technology of the future.

You should be more careful using words like "moron," moron. In your cases they're simply reflective.

Statements do not end in ? marks!
So assuming your position that my comment that was a question, is a lie so than this must be true per Dadoalex!
"Is Dadoalex that dumb to think that asking a question is making a statement?" Using your rule that asking a question is making a statement
so that question makes this "Is Dadoalex that dumb" true because he believes every question is true or a lie!
As I proved..
Can a question be a lie? An empirical investigation

In several recent papers and a monograph, Andreas Stokke argues that questions can be misleading, but that they cannot be lies. The aim of this paper is to show that ordinary speakers disagree. We show that ordinary speakers judge certain kinds of insincere questions to be lies, namely questions carrying a believed false presupposition the speaker intends to convey.

Yes a statement formed as a question can be a lie.

For EXAMPLE

"Have you stopped _________ your _________ dick yet?
Is clearly formed as a question but also clearly makes an accusation.
It is not intended to gather information but to make a statement.

You lied.
You intended to lie.
You keep defending the lie when you should be apologising.

Because on the internet
Clowns like you can be anything they want.

Horses will never be replaced by trucks

So, future and present moron, what we have here are fossil fueled tanks getting their asses kicked by guys with tractors and you think this is the technology of the future.

You should be more careful using words like "moron," moron. In your cases they're simply reflective.
Thanks for not debating the military effectiveness of EV tanks vs fossil fuel tanks.
If EV tanks were the better mouse-trap the military experts would be pushing them.
That the military opposes EV tanks says it all. Thanks for playing.

Yes a statement formed as a question can be a lie.

For EXAMPLE

"Have you stopped _________ your _________ dick yet?
Is clearly formed as a question but also clearly makes an accusation.
It is not intended to gather information but to make a statement.

You lied.
You intended to lie.
You keep defending the lie when you should be apologising.
How do you know I intended to lie? Where is your proof that was my intent to LIE about your agreeing with Granholm?
If I intended to LIE I would have been more devious.
But YOU said as a fact with NO proof..."Now we're getting 600 miles with smaller batteries."
I know you MAGA types want to live in the past but do try to be a little less stupid about it."

Taking the EV driving range win is California-based Lucid Motors. Its top-spec Air sedan has the highest EPA-estimated range of any electric car sold today. With an EPA-estimated 516 miles of range, the Air Grand Touring with 19-inch wheels is the Lucid with the longest legs
So maybe as a trailer dweller you have $139,650 and 78 hours to charge the battery! Right?

The battery size in a Lucid Air ranges from 88 kWh to 118 kWh
But if you want to charge on a 120-volt outlet at home using the cable that came with the vehicle, it'll take approximately 78 hours to charge from 10% to 100%
The 500 gallons of diesel carried by the M1 Abrams equates to about 8,000kWh.
How much does a Lucid Air battery weight? The Tesla batteries 100kWh batteries weigh about 1150lbs.

Last edited:
Thanks for not debating the military effectiveness of EV tanks vs fossil fuel tanks.
If EV tanks were the better mouse-trap the military experts would be pushing them.
That the military opposes EV tanks says it all. Thanks for playing.
1682987215978.jpeg

The debate wasn't about CURRENT military effectiveness but about potential.

In 1905 debating the military effectiveness of an atomic bomb was pure speculation but, that speculation, became reality. As will EV tanks.

How do you know I intended to lie? Where is your proof that was my intent to LIE about your agreeing with Granholm?
If I intended to LIE I would have been more devious.
But YOU said as a fact with NO proof..."Now we're getting 600 miles with smaller batteries."
I know you MAGA types want to live in the past but do try to be a little less stupid about it."

Taking the EV driving range win is California-based Lucid Motors. Its top-spec Air sedan has the highest EPA-estimated range of any electric car sold today. With an EPA-estimated 516 miles of range, the Air Grand Touring with 19-inch wheels is the Lucid with the longest legs
So maybe as a trailer dweller you have $139,650 and 78 hours to charge the battery! Right?
I care nothing for your intent.
You lied.
You did it intentionally
You've refused to correct the lie thereby confirming your intent to lie.

The debate wasn't about CURRENT military effectiveness but about potential.
In 1905 debating the military effectiveness of an atomic bomb was pure speculation but, that speculation, became reality. As will EV tanks.
In how many years will all tanks be obsolete? (Too big too heavy too much supply chain.)
Will wars be fought by flying robots with AI and advanced weapons?
Targets too small and fast to waste a big weapon on.

Mostly those small kamikaze drones that they use in Ukraine to kill soldiers.
Tanks would be killed by smart artillery or bigger drones.

I wouldn't waste any military budget on EV tank development.
Will wars become too destructive to consider? EMPs would wreck economies for a generation.

If you want to look at the future, think big. Tanks are so old school.

Forum List

Back