Sodom and Gomorrah

Why are you angry at a God you don't believe exists?

Our pastor addressed this in church on Sunday. He said people seek God whether they recognize it or not. The people who have this unexplicable anger towards a God they insist doesn't exist, and the people who insist on seeking out believers to regale them with all sorts of abuse, fit into this category.

It's okay, God loves you anyway, and salvation is available for you as well as people who don't continually spew hatred and contempt. Jesus didn't come to save perfect, previously saved people. He came to minister to those who are sick in spirit and body, and bring them to God.

Why are you angry at a God you don't believe exists?

Our pastor addressed this in church on Sunday. He said people seek God whether they recognize it or not. The people who have this unexplicable anger towards a God they insist doesn't exist, and the people who insist on seeking out believers to regale them with all sorts of abuse, fit into this category.

It's okay, God loves you anyway, and salvation is available for you as well as people who don't continually spew hatred and contempt. Jesus didn't come to save perfect, previously saved people. He came to minister to those who are sick in spirit and body, and bring them to God.

I don't see any evidence of Joe being angry.

He's pointing out negatives in what he views as an often negative story (the Bible).

That's because you think that degree of hatred and anger is "normal". It's just more evidence of your own dysfunction.

God loves you too.

That's because you think that degree of hatred and anger is "normal". It's just more evidence of your own dysfunction.

God loves you too.

Lol you're so good at judging people, maybe you're the true God and you're helping me out.

I think hatred and anger is normal and I'm dysfunctional, this coming from someone who spits on the graves of jews by equating anonymous message board posters she'll never meet to genocide-crazy nazis.

I must say this, and I don't say it enough, thanks for the entertainment kosher.

As I said, your anger is indicative of your dysfunction. But nice spin making me the nazi, that's sort of cute. Has nothing to do with reality and it's a stretch even for the most commited propagandist, but you get points for trying.

I recognize that the same force that was at work pre-WWII is at work and growing today, and that is recognized the world over. Anti-semitism is growing by leaps and bounds...but Nazis didn't of course confine themselves to attempting to eradicate Jews, as I'm sure you know. They also had a problem with Catholics, Gypsies, Blacks, et al...any group that they thought "threatened" their lifestyle and the "human" race. I think we can comfortably include multi-generational welfare families, people with disabilities, and blacks among that group. I'm not sure how recognizing that translates to grave spitting, but that's okay. God still loves you.

And lest we forget...PP also has a strong export business...we export abortion to places like Somalia, the Ivory Coast...what is the primary population there?

Oh yeah..poor black people. Best to just get rid of them. Save them from themselves, that whole schtick.

As I said, your anger is indicative of your dysfunction. But nice spin making me the nazi, that's sort of cute. Has nothing to do with reality and it's a stretch even for the most commited propagandist, but you get points for trying.

I recognize that the same force that was at work pre-WWII is at work and growing today, and that is recognized the world over. Anti-semitism is growing by leaps and bounds...but Nazis didn't of course confine themselves to attempting to eradicate Jews, as I'm sure you know. They also had a problem with Catholics, Gypsies, Blacks, et al...any group that they thought "threatened" their lifestyle and the "human" race. I think we can comfortably include multi-generational welfare families, people with disabilities, and blacks among that group. I'm not sure how recognizing that translates to grave spitting, but that's okay. God still loves you.

Never said anything remotely close to you're a nazi. I'm mocking you for your anti-semitic remarks by stooping to calling an anonymous message board poster a nazi.

I've done plenty of things that resulted in God murdering people, I used to work on Sunday all the time, so I should've been murdered long ago. I must really be one of his chosen people.

Exodus 31:12-15 ESV;NLT - The Sabbath - And the LORD said to - Bible Gateway

The Sabbath

12And the LORD said to Moses, 13"You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, 'Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the LORD, sanctify you. 14You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Okay........lemmie break down the 10 Commandments and why they say what they do.....

1. Thou shalt not have any gods before Me. Why? If you place your faith in a graven image over placing your faith in God, the false gods can't do anything for you, because they're not real.

2. Thou shalt not make graven images. Why? See Commandment 1. If you make an image of God, you'll start worshiping it rather than the real God. Matter of fact, Judges has something to say along the lines of that when they turned the Ark of the Covenant into just a relic to be used in time of war, and in doing so, they forgot who God was, and He left them, and because they weren't protected, they were killed.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. Why? Simple.......He's the Creator and deserves a certain amount of respect. I mean, would you bad mouth the CEO of your company that you work for?

4. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy. Why? You should take at least 1 day to check in with God and remember Him.

5. Honor thy father and mother. They brought you into this world, they can take you out of it. Besides...........SHOULDN'T you honor the people that gave you a start?

6. Thou shalt not murder (yeah......I know most Bibles say "kill", but the real translation from the original Hebrew is murder). Why? If you kill someone, their family is gonna want to murder you.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. If you get caught messing around with someone's wife or husband, they're gonna want to murder you.

8. Thou shalt not steal. If you steal something valuable enough, the person you stole it from is gonna want to murder you.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness. If you lie badly enough, someone is gonna want to murder you.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's things. If you get jealous enough of what your neighbor has, you may end up going over and either stealing or killing them to get it.

Basically........the 10 Commandments are there so that the human race can survive and build a decent community. Same thing with the 613 Mitzvoht in the Judaic religion. Not everyone is a priest, or a butcher, or a wife, or a husband, so you don't have to follow all of them, just the ones that apply to you and your place in the community.

And, if a person was to look at the dietary restrictions that were originally given to the Jews, you'd see that certain foods were forbidden because many of them carried diseases and parasites that couldn't be taken care of back in Biblical times. Matter of fact, pigs were known to be unclean animals, and pork was not really safe to eat until modern times as pigs are known to carry trichinosis.

Even today, if you eat shellfish, you know that the only months that you can eat them safely are months that have "r" in them.

But...........like I've said before..........the only real sins are the ones that go against the 10 Commandments or the 7 Noahide Commandments.

And, the verse from Leviticus that everyone likes to quote is actually a book of rules for those in the priesthood of the Judaic theology. You can't have priests doing each other, because then they can't effectively spiritually guide the people.

And I thought Leviticus was a cookbook on how to barbeque Kosher-style.

Never said anything remotely close to you're a nazi. I'm mocking you for your anti-semitic remarks by stooping to calling an anonymous message board poster a nazi.

I've done plenty of things that resulted in God murdering people, I used to work on Sunday all the time, so I should've been murdered long ago. I must really be one of his chosen people.

The Sabbath

12And the LORD said to Moses, 13"You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, 'Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the LORD, sanctify you. 14You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.

Yes, that's what God expected God's people to do when he was actually hanging out with them, personally, and speaking to Moses directly.

Moses also killed 3000 of those golden calf revelers who wouldn't come to him when he came off the mountain. So? Are you implying that God is still living with us and talking to someone? You, perhaps? Do you think God expects us to kill all those who have false Gods NOW?

Last edited:

The Sabbath

Yes, that's what God expected God's people to do when he was actually hanging out with them, personally, and speaking to Moses directly.

Moses also killed 3000 of those golden calf revelers who wouldn't come to him when he came off the mountain. So? Are you implying that God is still living with us and talking to someone? You, perhaps? Do you think God expects us to kill all those who have false Gods NOW?

I think some people think the Bible is a violent book, which is true.

All kinds of killing and begetting going on.

What escapes some is what has changed since the ministry of Jesus Christ began. The old rules don't apply anymore.

What's freaky is how the Godless likes to condemn Christians for doctine they never apply to their lives because of Jesus' teachings, yet they seem to support Islamists that still do.

The Sabbath

Why would he want any different? Unless you think that the thinks he made a huge mistake in this instance. Genocide for doing what you have to to pay the bills.

If the Bible said your God was imperfect and made mistakes along with making great choices, the book and the religions that follow would make a lot more sense.

So you base your hatred of God based upon what you think he thinks, not on what was actually said or done.

Brilliant. Another illustration of the dishonesty and ignorance of the anti-Christians.

What's freaky is how the Godless likes to condemn Christians for doctine they never apply to their lives because of Jesus' teachings, yet they seem to support Islamists that still do.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen a single person condemn christians.

What some of you guys do, like this thread for example, is you make an excuse for the horrible things the Bible says your god did. Now of course if there's a similar story attributed to another religion it's the worst thing in the world, or if a person commits a horrible act similar what your god did then you demand war.

So you base your hatred of God based upon what you think he thinks, not on what was actually said or done.

Brilliant. Another illustration of the dishonesty and ignorance of the anti-Christians.

I don't believe in your god or any gods, so no I don't hate it. Do you hate Santa Claus despite not believing in him?

The Bible says he's committed genocide time after time after time, all one has to do is be able to read to know this.

What some of you guys do, like this thread for example, is you make an excuse for the horrible things the Bible says your god did. Now of course if there's a similar story attributed to another religion it's the worst thing in the world, or if a person commits a horrible act similar what your god did then you demand war.

What horrible things did God do?

Impose rules on us intended to improve our lives, or throw up his hands when we refused to follow them and give us the right to free-will thus hang ourselves with our own rope.

Oh, FYI, your post is a condemnation, forgetting about the attacks we suffer daily elsewhere.

I don't believe in your god or any gods, so no I don't hate it. Do you hate Santa Claus despite not believing in him?

The Bible says he's committed genocide time after time after time, all one has to do is be able to read to know this.

The only thing that can be rationalized as Genocide was the great flood.

Did God do that or did man blame him for that?

The Sabbath

Ask God what his picks are next Saturday and Sunday. Does he like LSU to win BCS and if not, who?
Thanks.

They hate Santa Claus in Philly. My brother in law has a large contract at the Eagles stadium there and they booed Santa at an Eagles game a few years ago when I was there.
I really do not care for that sorry bastard Santa either. I wanted a Porsche 911 GT3 last Christmas and the cheap turd never delivered.

What horrible things did God do?

Impose rules on us intended to improve our lives, or throw up his hands when we refused to follow them and give us the right to free-will thus hang ourselves with our own rope.

Oh, FYI, your post is a condemnation, forgetting about the attacks we suffer daily elsewhere.

Well when we proved that we absolutely couldn't make it to heaven by following simple rules he came to earth and died a hideous death for us...because he likes us enough that he really wants us in heaven, despite our nastiness.

See, anti-Christians make a lot out of the fact that God doesn't tolerate sin..but they have no concept of the conundrum that is God. God can't lie. God is righteous. So if God is righteous, he cannot abide un-righteousness in his presence, and he can't abide sinfulness in his presence. If he could, he wouldn't be righteous, and he wouldn't be the Judge of the World.

So he submitted the ultimate sacrifice, that would cleanse all sins. Such a huge sacrifice that any person, no matter how foul (and all sin is foul to God...I'm not convinced there are degrees of foulness in His eyes) could achieve heaven if they would just accept it.

And we throw it away with both hands.

We don't only throw it away, we spit on it, we ridicule it, and we persecute and jeer at those who do accept it.

And I say "we" because we are all guilty of demeaning the sacrifice, even those of use who are saved.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back