Solar Panel Roads?

Solar panels are also effective during winter, because the refracted white light is also a source of constant sunlight. So long as the panel isn't covered in snow, it will gather energy.

as I said - with all their investment, Germany is at about 16% photovoltaics in their power mix.

That's great. But it's not the magic bullet the sellers will try to tell you that it is.

(Lot of road clearing in winter, huh? and at what capacity do these units operate at night, in winter, and on cloudy days?)

Why wont you tell everyone the "real" story?

and why wont you watch the video that answers those questions for you?

I'm skeptical, but if it works, I have no issue with it. Assuming it works as they say, then, my concerns would be cost and repairing these when they get old. But other than that, sure lets investigate it.

My idea is better. Cover the entire state of Nevada in solar farms.

Not solar panels. Solar farms. Big difference.

We can hijack Clive Bundy's idea. But instead of putting negroes back to picking cotton, we can use them polish the mirrors.

We can be energy independent by 2025!

295y0p0.jpg

come on g, you don't have negroes polish mirrors that's for Mexicans, in fact maybe that's why they want amnesty, because they are putting your plan into action!

I watched the video. He strikes me as just some guy making extraordinary claims. I would need to see actual evidence his invention would do all the things he claims it would do.

If his idea is viable, he'll be the next Steve Jobs.

I'm just waiting to hear this "real story" that everyone doesnt know about. I cant wait.

I watched the video. He strikes me as just some guy making extraordinary claims. I would need to see actual evidence his invention would do all the things he claims it would do.

If his idea is viable, he'll be the next Steve Jobs.

Someone who is trying to sell you a piece of technology might make exaggerated claims about it????

NOOOOOOOO.

I've seen for myself (in about 4 dozen cases - it's part of my job) that solar technology consumers NEVER get the generation the seller claims.

And someone previously touted Germany's solar program and they were right. Germany is well above the curve because they can produce 16% of what they need with photovoltaics.

for how long?
All winter?

How bout you watch the vid? It talks to you and all that

As I said, the people who are trying to sell you solar panels are not giving you the full picture or an accurate picture.

I wish it would work as well as these folks claim too.
But it doesn't.

You need to educate yourself. Start with Germany.

Renewable energy in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read an article a couple of years ago that stated that Germany has installed solar panels along the usually wasted areas along highways to take advantage of both the unused area and the fact that Germany has limited land available (unlike the USA). Keep in mind that Germany is pretty far north compared to the US. That means that northern Europe has less direct sunlight and shorter days, as well. But they take a can do attitude compared to naysayers in this country.

A very interesting idea. Would be a good project to put about ten miles of that road into an average town road, and see how it fares, as well as how much energy it produces.

they want "smart roads".......?

reminds me of "smart meters"....

:eusa_hand:

And you remind me of all the nay sayers I have seen in 70 years of life. Little people afraid of ideas and anything that is new.

i'm all for solar energy.....but why does it have to be connected to 'smart panels' that track everybody's movements and road useage....?
is that to tie in with Agenda 21.....?

It is a great invention, but they sound to me like opportunists taking advantage of the lack of willpower to actually build large projects in every state. They are buying into milking the markets and choreographing every great idea thought of in the last 50 years and put on the backburner because of, again, the lack of willpower to share them without maximum exploitation.

Forum List

Back