Soldier's mother confirms "Trump did disrespect my son..."

Fallen soldierā€™s mother: ā€˜Trump did disrespect my sonā€™

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband ā€œmust have known what he signed up for.ā€

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

Except there is no ā€œproofā€ offered by the mother or the Demoncrat politician.

The proof is in the corroboration. Why would anyone make this up?

Grief makes people lash out and say things they later regret, but there will be no Congresswoman or press there when they come to the realization that they were wrong.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband ā€œmust have known what he signed up for.ā€

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

Except there is no ā€œproofā€ offered by the mother or the Demoncrat politician.

LOL. Why do demoncrats lie their asses off? Itā€™s all for the cause.

I doubt it. It definitely sounds like something he would say.

Why did Trump call and speak with the family 2 weeks after the soldier was killed?

Is this typically how it is done?

His body was just returned home. It took 2 days just to recover his body. Is there a timeline that is prescribed for when to call?

There is in the CACO manual. 24 hours or less for notification, with a condolence letter to follow in 48 hours.

Meh, everyone knows that Trump has more respect for the military than ANY democrat politician.
That's why he dodged the draft when the nation needed him?

Is there any other reason you need to make unsubstantiated claims? He cannot "dodge the draft" by getting a medical classification. Other people make that decision.
Lol so the poor patriot was too sick to defend the nation from communism ?
Look at yourself and the mirror when you defend that scum.

I don't know. You will have to ask the medical doctors that declared him 4F. They would be the ones who made that call.

That mother should have known he doesnā€™t respect anyone.... unless they lavish profusive undeserved praise on him.

Why did Trump call and speak with the family 2 weeks after the soldier was killed?

His body was just returned home. It took 2 days just to recover his body. Is there a timeline that is prescribed for when to call?

I don't know. Is there?

I've never heard anyone make a big deal about contacting loved ones until Trump did, so I hadn't really thought about it.

Well, he's in a league of his own on this stuff. Again, it wouldn't surprise me for a moment, but I don't have proof he said it.

Without an exception every veteran posting on any board I was on and I was on many all said that what Trump said was proper. That it was not only an acknowledgement of every service member's bravery knowing that they could lose their lives by volunteering but then acknowledging the pain that comes despite that knowledge.
Well, one version says that he coldly inferred "well, he knew this was dangerous", and another says that he spoke of the bravery of those who serve. It's also entirely possible that it was some combination therein.

Regardless, Wilson made it sound as bad as possible and off we go. Again.

This is just more noise to me. It's beyond old.

Yep and another non story that the media can't stop frothing over. It is old and no one cares anymore.

Less than a week is old, but Behghazi never dies.

I know. Weird how the left was siding with O and not the soldiers during Benghazi huh?

Obama means nothing. After countless Congressional investigations maybe calling a week old story old news isn't the best route to take, you partisan tool.

Meh, everyone knows that Trump has more respect for the military than ANY democrat politician.
:lol: You self-delude yourself like this often?

There is in the CACO manual. 24 hours or less for notification, with a condolence letter to follow in 48 hours.

OK. So, I am sure the Army took care of that. Is there any evidence that did not happen?

Besides, the question was about the phone call.

LOL. Why do demoncrats lie their asses off? Itā€™s all for the cause.

I doubt it. It definitely sounds like something he would say.

Exactly. Lying Dems feed you what you want to hear, so you beleive it.

Is she a registered democrat? That would tell you whether or not she's lying.
Stupidest thing Iā€™ve ever heard since the last stupid thing you said.
This dumb bitch conveniently overlooks the 1500 lies orange man has told in 9 months.

Cowanda didn't translate the meaning the Queens thug intended to covey. Calm down libtards...nothing here...move on to defending crooked Hillary.

Grief makes people lash out and say things they later regret, but there will be no Congresswoman or press there when they come to the realization that they were wrong.

You don't think that there was any possible way that Trump could have said "he knew what he was getting into"?

Maybe he was just trying to avoid being politically correct.

That's why he dodged the draft when the nation needed him?

Is there any other reason you need to make unsubstantiated claims? He cannot "dodge the draft" by getting a medical classification. Other people make that decision.
Lol so the poor patriot was too sick to defend the nation from communism ?
Look at yourself and the mirror when you defend that scum.

I don't know. You will have to ask the medical doctors that declared him 4F. They would be the ones who made that call.
Just be honest with yourself do you believe them and him? Would you think that the spoiled brat would've put his life in danger?

Another case of "never let a tragedy go to waste"? The word "confirm" seems strangely out of place in this context. It seems that an angry democrat politician decided that the President disrespected the fallen Soldier and not the mother. Apparently the mother who apparently received the condolence call "stood by an account" created by a democrat politician. This is typical of the lengths the left will go to to try to create a scenario that doesn't exist. Actually it's the democrat politician, Frederica Wilson (D-Fla), who is guilty of disrespecting the fallen Soldier for political purposes and not the President.
A democrat politician who actually took the time to meet personally with the family. But, by all means.....let's be outraged NOW. trump is the real victim here.

Itā€™s more than pathetic that every time the orange anus gets caught in a lie or saying something offensive or just plain moronic itā€™s always someone elseā€™s fault.

too bad she has to drag politics into her sons death
There you go. Sharpen those knives, trumpanzees.

Yet he just proved otherwise asshole.

No I didn't you simple minded idiot. Learn to read.
Try to keep up you freaking moron. You said "Trump has more respect for the military." I said, " He just proved he doesn't."
Then you say , " no I didn't?"
Yup... another brain dead deplorable defending the indefensible.

If you could read past a 3rd grade level, you wouldn't say something so blatantly stupid.
You got caught sounding moronic and like Trump you can't admit when you're wrong. You're both devoid of any integrity.

No dumbass, you are just too stupid and illiterate to comprehend what is posted. In fact you are too fucking stupid to waste time with. Dismissed.

Itā€™s more than pathetic that every time the orange anus gets caught in a lie or saying something offensive or just plain moronic itā€™s always someone elseā€™s fault.

Don't forget. Every time someone he personally hired is forced to resign or is fired it's someone else's fault. Nothing falls on Trump. The buck stops... just kinda short of anyone but him.

Forum List

Back