Soldier's mother confirms "Trump did disrespect my son..."

The funny thing is that - again - Trump is ensnared in a communication fuck up of his own making. He didn't need to brag on how he contacted all the families. I'm pretty sure Obama made an effort, and W is personally pretty wrecked from the damage he did ... at least to the extent that he lives in reality.
Yeah. His opponents know that, whether there is actually any proof he said something or not, he sure as hell COULD have said it, and that's the corner he's chosen to paint himself into. That's the way it goes. For supposedly being so media-savvy, he sure knows how to walk into an uppercut.
Well I think he said it because it sounds exactly like the shit that comes out of his fat ass. I don't think he meant any disrespect, or that he had any ill will towards the widow. JFK could talk off the cuff on stuff like this, and the thing was people might not like what he said, but he'd tell it like it was. (he was also a womanizer and drug dependent) Reagan was a very empathetic man, and expressed himself well. but he'd either have a staffer write him what to say, or he'd put aside everything else on his mind and ... concentrate for god's sake. (and he used fake homilies that verged on racism)
Well, he's in a league of his own on this stuff. Again, it wouldn't surprise me for a moment, but I don't have proof he said it.

Without an exception every veteran posting on any board I was on and I was on many all said that what Trump said was proper. That it was not only an acknowledgement of every service member's bravery knowing that they could lose their lives by volunteering but then acknowledging the pain that comes despite that knowledge.

EVERY veteran? Really? Because I'm a 20 year vet, and I think that what Trump said was pretty disrespectful.

Yeah, everyone in the military knows that being killed is a possibility with serving, and on occasion, when things are going like crap, we tell each other that we knew what might happen when we signed up, but that is more like black humor, and doesn't belong on a condolence call.

What Trump should have said is that he was liked and respected in his command, that his service was appreciated and that he was a good soldier and will be sorely missed.

Not that he knew what he was getting into when he signed up.

Like I said, I understood what the possibilities were when I signed up, and I did it anyway because I wanted to travel. But if I had died on active duty, saying something like that to my family may have gotten someone punched.

Every veteran that I communicated on boards with yesterday. Including many over at the Daily Mail. Brit servicemen. Canuck servicemen and women.

And how is half 1/2 HALF a sentence can become a story is sheer partisan hackery.

Half a sentence in a five minute phone call. This is bullshit.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

Meh, everyone knows that Trump has more respect for the military than ANY democrat politician.

This assertion must be based alternative facts.

Why did Trump call and speak with the family 2 weeks after the soldier was killed?

Is this typically how it is done?

Our President choosing to start another pissing contest with Gold Star Parents

Just look at what happened to the last Gold Star parent that attacked Trump. He got exposed for the silly liar he was, and Trump went on to win the Presidency.

The funny thing is that - again - Trump is ensnared in a communication fuck up of his own making. He didn't need to brag on how he contacted all the families. I'm pretty sure Obama made an effort, and W is personally pretty wrecked from the damage he did ... at least to the extent that he lives in reality.
Yeah. His opponents know that, whether there is actually any proof he said something or not, he sure as hell COULD have said it, and that's the corner he's chosen to paint himself into. That's the way it goes. For supposedly being so media-savvy, he sure knows how to walk into an uppercut.
Well I think he said it because it sounds exactly like the shit that comes out of his fat ass. I don't think he meant any disrespect, or that he had any ill will towards the widow. JFK could talk off the cuff on stuff like this, and the thing was people might not like what he said, but he'd tell it like it was. (he was also a womanizer and drug dependent) Reagan was a very empathetic man, and expressed himself well. but he'd either have a staffer write him what to say, or he'd put aside everything else on his mind and ... concentrate for god's sake. (and he used fake homilies that verged on racism)
Well, he's in a league of his own on this stuff. Again, it wouldn't surprise me for a moment, but I don't have proof he said it.

Without an exception every veteran posting on any board I was on and I was on many all said that what Trump said was proper. That it was not only an acknowledgement of every service member's bravery knowing that they could lose their lives by volunteering but then acknowledging the pain that comes despite that knowledge.
Well, one version says that he coldly inferred "well, he knew this was dangerous", and another says that he spoke of the bravery of those who serve. It's also entirely possible that it was some combination therein.

Regardless, Wilson made it sound as bad as possible and off we go. Again.

This is just more noise to me. It's beyond old.

Yep and another non story that the media can't stop frothing over. It is old and no one cares anymore.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

Except there is no “proof” offered by the mother or the Demoncrat politician.

The proof is in the corroboration. Why would anyone make this up?

Dunno if there is a recording or not. Chances are that the family didn't record anything because they were in the limo on their way to a funeral, and I kinda doubt that Trump had the call recorded either.

However....................

After all the hubub this story has generated, I'd be willing to bet that if Trump makes another condolence call for a service member who dies, someone will probably record it.

And if it's like this one, well................Trump may have serious problems on his hands.

They were NOT on the way to a funeral. Where did you dig that gem up?

If you read the thread, it is already stated that the call was not recorded but Trump was not alone when making the call.

Edited to add: The funeral is Friday.

Someone further up the thread said it came while they were going to a funeral.

My apologies, they weren't on their way to a funeral, they were waiting for the plane to arrive that had the fallen members body, and they were at the airport.

My apologies, shoulda looked it up on Google and not trusted another poster.

Trump, Dem congresswoman feud over his remarks to widow of fallen soldier - CNNPolitics

Johnson's body was returned home to the Miami area late Tuesday afternoon, with the plane receiving a water cannon salute as it arrived near the gate.
The call from the President to Johnson's widow came shortly before Johnson's casket arrival, Wilson said on "CNN Tonight" Tuesday night.
"Basically, he said, 'Well, I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurt,' " Wilson said to CNN's Don Lemon.
"That's what he said," she added.

Except there is no “proof” offered by the mother or the Demoncrat politician.

The proof is in the corroboration. Why would anyone make this up?

LOL. Why do demoncrats lie their asses off? It’s all for the cause.

EVERY veteran? Really? Because I'm a 20 year vet, and I think that what Trump said was pretty disrespectful.

Yeah, everyone in the military knows that being killed is a possibility with serving, and on occasion, when things are going like crap, we tell each other that we knew what might happen when we signed up, but that is more like black humor, and doesn't belong on a condolence call.

What Trump should have said is that he was liked and respected in his command, that his service was appreciated and that he was a good soldier and will be sorely missed.

Like I said, I understood what the possibilities were when I signed up, and I did it anyway because I wanted to travel. But if I had died on active duty, saying something like that to my family may have gotten someone punched.

You were a titless WAVE and your conduct on this forum denigrates veterans just about every time you touch your keyboard.

The greatest danger you ever faced was a papercut!

You know, even though you are a conservative asshole and have different views from me, not once have I ever denigrated your service, but you constantly go after mine. Were you ever with any of my commands? Did you know the people I worked for? If so, you would know that I was a member of both the at sea and inport fire parties, a member of the PRP team for loading nukes on FA-18's, a member of the Security Force teams in Newport RI, as well as had independent duty on an MSC vessel and independent duty serving as head of the Amarillo MEPS Navy office.

But, if insulting me and my service is what makes you feel better, continue to do so, your opinion has zero effect on my retirement pay, benefits or what I do, because I don't really know who you are or what you're about, and you don't really matter to me.

But keep up with the vitriol if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I would not denigrate your service if you would stop inventing shit to justify your arguments. You do it constantly and then when called on it, you double down on stupid.

You make yourself out to be such an American hero, when in fact, the most strenuous thing you probably ever did in the Navy involved a broom and a dustpan, or holding a clipboard with a checklist.

Well, one version says that he coldly inferred "well, he knew this was dangerous", and another says that he spoke of the bravery of those who serve. It's also entirely possible that it was some combination therein.

Yep and another non story that the media can't stop frothing over. It is old and no one cares anymore.

Less than a week is old, but Behghazi never dies.

Dunno if there is a recording or not. Chances are that the family didn't record anything because they were in the limo on their way to a funeral, and I kinda doubt that Trump had the call recorded either.

However....................

After all the hubub this story has generated, I'd be willing to bet that if Trump makes another condolence call for a service member who dies, someone will probably record it.

And if it's like this one, well................Trump may have serious problems on his hands.

They were NOT on the way to a funeral. Where did you dig that gem up?

If you read the thread, it is already stated that the call was not recorded but Trump was not alone when making the call.

Edited to add: The funeral is Friday.

Someone further up the thread said it came while they were going to a funeral.

My apologies, they weren't on their way to a funeral, they were waiting for the plane to arrive that had the fallen members body, and they were at the airport.

My apologies, shoulda looked it up on Google and not trusted another poster.

Trump, Dem congresswoman feud over his remarks to widow of fallen soldier - CNNPolitics

Johnson's body was returned home to the Miami area late Tuesday afternoon, with the plane receiving a water cannon salute as it arrived near the gate.
The call from the President to Johnson's widow came shortly before Johnson's casket arrival, Wilson said on "CNN Tonight" Tuesday night.
"Basically, he said, 'Well, I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurt,' " Wilson said to CNN's Don Lemon.
"That's what he said," she added.

Thank you for correcting your comments. That is rather unusual for you. I hope the trend continues!

Meh, everyone knows that Trump has more respect for the military than ANY democrat politician.
That's why he dodged the draft when the nation needed him?

Is there any other reason you need to make unsubstantiated claims? He cannot "dodge the draft" by getting a medical classification. Other people make that decision.
Lol so the poor patriot was too sick to defend the nation from communism ?
Look at yourself and the mirror when you defend that scum.

You were a titless WAVE and your conduct on this forum denigrates veterans just about every time you touch your keyboard.

The greatest danger you ever faced was a papercut!

You know, even though you are a conservative asshole and have different views from me, not once have I ever denigrated your service, but you constantly go after mine. Were you ever with any of my commands? Did you know the people I worked for? If so, you would know that I was a member of both the at sea and inport fire parties, a member of the PRP team for loading nukes on FA-18's, a member of the Security Force teams in Newport RI, as well as had independent duty on an MSC vessel and independent duty serving as head of the Amarillo MEPS Navy office.

But, if insulting me and my service is what makes you feel better, continue to do so, your opinion has zero effect on my retirement pay, benefits or what I do, because I don't really know who you are or what you're about, and you don't really matter to me.

But keep up with the vitriol if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I would not denigrate your service if you would stop inventing shit to justify your arguments. You do it constantly and then when called on it, you double down on stupid.

You make yourself out to be such an American hero, when in fact, the most strenuous thing you probably ever did in the Navy involved a broom and a dustpan, or holding a clipboard with a checklist.

Like I said, if dissing other vets is your bag and makes you feel better, you can continue with me, because you don't really matter to my life, and that's pretty much why I don't respond to you much.

But if being an asshole is your cup of tea, please continue, you do it so well.

Do not forget this Orange Disgrace says he is the Most Patriotic President of All time

3taFh8u.jpg

151rwi.jpg

Less than a week is old, but Behghazi never dies.

I know. Weird how the left was siding with O and not the soldiers during Benghazi huh?

One person's son gets killed defending the country.

The other has numerous marriages, shady business deals, countless lawsuits, misleading statements, brags about buying politicians...

"This c*nt with the dead kid must be lying."
Trump the Orange Bitch Lied about Having Proof..
WH Says There's No Recording Of Trump's Call With Soldier's Widow

The White House on Wednesday said President Donald Trump did not record his phone call with the widow of a U.S. soldier killed in Niger, though he claimed to have “proof” that Rep. Frederica Wilson’s (D-FL) account of his remarks was not accurate.

Why did Trump call and speak with the family 2 weeks after the soldier was killed?

Is this typically how it is done?

His body was just returned home. It took 2 days just to recover his body. Is there a timeline that is prescribed for when to call?

Forum List

Back