Soldier's mother confirms "Trump did disrespect my son..."

The two most astounding things coming out of this:

1. That anyone is surprised that Trump would make a mess of this

2. That anyone would expect anyone else to take Trump's word for anything he said about this, given his history of lying.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

That Congress Women is a Raving Lunatic!

I hope to hell that for the nearly two decades of the Clinton and Obama administrations, I never came across as the likes of the desperate fuck melting snowflakes grasping at straws like we have here.
The funny thing is that - again - Trump is ensnared in a communication fuck up of his own making. He didn't need to brag on how he contacted all the families. I'm pretty sure Obama made an effort, and W is personally pretty wrecked from the damage he did ... at least to the extent that he lives in reality.
i didn't hear about any of this until i *heard* trump made bad comments to the family. OF WHICH can't even be directly quoted.

the other part i question is people give trump a hard time for how long it took him TO respond. if so, wouldn't his saying he did contact the families be done to stop that rumor going on?

like i said - when all one side does is anti-trump, full steam ahead you can't EVER be taken seriously.

but then i'm sure that's trumps fault for making the left do that.

He didn't just respond by saying that he did in fact call the families. He claimed that other former presidents never did. After backtracking those comments he brought Kelly's son into it. He creates news of his own doing.
yep. he does.

so he didn't need to brag on how he contacted the families, even though you now admit he was called out for not doing it, indicating he started all this, but no - he didn't...

so did we just blame trump for causing this controversy then in your next post admit that someone else ragged on him for xyz reason? and then that reason would likely be because they knew a response would be something else they could rag on.

but it wasn't part of what the OP wrote if it was soooooo Yuge. Trump didn't even talk to the mother.

They were on speaker phone in the same vehicle.
whoa, so which is it, is it something she heard from the widow or she was on the call. Doesn't the report state, "stood by an account"? dude, your wheels came off.

She "stood by an account" from Wilson because she heard the conversation. You really do have the worst reading comprehension skills I've ever seen.
no, no she fking didn't. read post #94 you liar.

Other reports say they were on speaker phone, but even that doesn't matter. If your sitting in the same car with the dead man's mother and make those comments it's kinda assumed she got the gist.

However, in another account Momma wanted to talk directly to Trump but claims a Master Sergeant would not let her.

Just how many people were in that car listening to the call?

The funny thing is that - again - Trump is ensnared in a communication fuck up of his own making. He didn't need to brag on how he contacted all the families. I'm pretty sure Obama made an effort, and W is personally pretty wrecked from the damage he did ... at least to the extent that he lives in reality.
Yeah. His opponents know that, whether there is actually any proof he said something or not, he sure as hell COULD have said it, and that's the corner he's chosen to paint himself into. That's the way it goes. For supposedly being so media-savvy, he sure knows how to walk into an uppercut.

NOW the mother says that Trump insulted her daughter in law AND the soldiers father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. His opponents know that, whether there is actually any proof he said something or not, he sure as hell COULD have said it, and that's the corner he's chosen to paint himself into. That's the way it goes. For supposedly being so media-savvy, he sure knows how to walk into an uppercut.

Mac1958 the story is based on half a freaking sentence out of a 5 minute phone call. This is nuts.

Mac1958 the story is based on half a freaking sentence out of a 5 minute phone call. This is nuts.
Of course it is. That's where we are right now.

Sounds like she would have said that no matter what Trump did.
:lol:
Unbelievable. Trump supporters attack fallen soldier's mother. Wow.

She's claiming now as the GO. Fund me account is growing that Trump insulted her son, his widow and now the soldier's father. Are you fucking kidding me that this isn't allowed to be questioned?

Fuck that noise.

I hope to hell that for the nearly two decades of the Clinton and Obama administrations, I never came across as the likes of the desperate fuck melting snowflakes grasping at straws like we have here.
i didn't hear about any of this until i *heard* trump made bad comments to the family. OF WHICH can't even be directly quoted.

the other part i question is people give trump a hard time for how long it took him TO respond. if so, wouldn't his saying he did contact the families be done to stop that rumor going on?

like i said - when all one side does is anti-trump, full steam ahead you can't EVER be taken seriously.

He didn't just respond by saying that he did in fact call the families. He claimed that other former presidents never did. After backtracking those comments he brought Kelly's son into it. He creates news of his own doing.
yep. he does.

so he didn't need to brag on how he contacted the families, even though you now admit he was called out for not doing it, indicating he started all this, but no - he didn't...

so did we just blame trump for causing this controversy then in your next post admit that someone else ragged on him for xyz reason? and then that reason would likely be because they knew a response would be something else they could rag on.

He may have been called out for not contacting the families, but could have ended the discussion with one statement. Sure, the media would have just moved onto the next one but given his record it would have been over another completely unnecessary statement. He's a man-child. He's a 71 year old who has no idea how to keep his mouth shut for five seconds. My 9 year old nephew has more self control at the dinner table, but he's not carrying around nuclear codes.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

Douglas is just another liberal hack who lied about this story. Looks like you swallowed that hook line and sinker.

Well I think he said it because it sounds exactly like the shit that comes out of his fat ass. I don't think he meant any disrespect, or that he had any ill will towards the widow. JFK could talk off the cuff on stuff like this, and the thing was people might not like what he said, but he'd tell it like it was. (he was also a womanizer and drug dependent) Reagan was a very empathetic man, and expressed himself well. but he'd either have a staffer write him what to say, or he'd put aside everything else on his mind and ... concentrate for god's sake. (and he used fake homilies that verged on racism)

Douglas is just another liberal hack who lied about this story. Looks like you swallowed that hook line and sinker.

Who the fuck is Douglas?

Who the fuck is Douglas?

Wilson not douglas.

Well I think he said it because it sounds exactly like the shit that comes out of his fat ass. I don't think he meant any disrespect, or that he had any ill will towards the widow. JFK could talk off the cuff on stuff like this, and the thing was people might not like what he said, but he'd tell it like it was. (he was also a womanizer and drug dependent) Reagan was a very empathetic man, and expressed himself well. but he'd either have a staffer write him what to say, or he'd put aside everything else on his mind and ... concentrate for god's sake. (and he used fake homilies that verged on racism)
Well, he's in a league of his own on this stuff. Again, it wouldn't surprise me for a moment, but I don't have proof he said it.

Who the fuck is Douglas?

Wilson not douglas.

She is most likely using the family for political purposes, but given the family has confirmed her story she's probably not lying. Politicians love taking taking advantage of the right thing for the wrong reasons.

yep. he does.

He may have been called out for not contacting the families, but could have ended the discussion with one statement. Sure, the media would have just moved onto the next one but given his record it would have been over another completely unnecessary statement. He's a man-child. He's a 71 year old who has no idea how to keep his mouth shut for five seconds. My 9 year old nephew has more self control at the dinner table, but he's not carrying around nuclear codes.
sure he could have. but i'm addressing your point that "he started it". now we seem to agree that he did NOT start it so we shift to other faults to rag on.

not gonna play that game. sorry.

Well, he's in a league of his own on this stuff. Again, it wouldn't surprise me for a moment, but I don't have proof he said it.

Without an exception every veteran posting on any board I was on and I was on many all said that what Trump said was proper. That it was not only an acknowledgement of every service member's bravery knowing that they could lose their lives by volunteering but then acknowledging the pain that comes despite that knowledge.

Forum List

Back