Some Trump records taken to Mar-a-Lago clearly marked as classified and ‘TOP SECRET'

He should have had them on a homebrewed server in his basement and you folks would be cheering him.
And so you would you folks.......Except, he did you 4 or 5 steps better and just took classified documents with him....which is a hell of a lot different than using a private email server....which Trumpers also don't give a fuck about since Trump has them covered on that too...

Just another weak attempt at deflection which only further proves how full of shit Trumpers are...speaking of full shit..that reminds me of the documents he tried flushing down toilets...no wonder he whined about the flushing capability of toilets all this time..

There is no process, he can simply say it.

With that said, how do we know he didn't? There literally is no rule against the President taking classified material to his home office.

and frankly from the party that didn't mind the Obama admin allowing classified material on some third party hard drive, in somebodies closet...it's hard to take you seriously on this issue.
Obama simply said it was ok...so you should be totally cool with that...

Well, first he did not do that so they were still not stored legally and 2nd the EX-president cannot do that.
Didn't do what?

Sure, the ex-president can't, but he could when he was President if he wanted to....moreover the ex-president still has security clearance to view such documents.

The only real issue here is not having the the documents, as much as if he complied with the Presidential Records Act, and ensured that copies of documents covered by the act were with the Archivist of the United States. Which, happens at times, we saw the same thing with prior admins, includig the Obama/Xiden admin....from what's being reported he is working with the Justice department to make sure all is turned over, and what wasn't, will be.

A lot of propaganda over a nothing burger

Didn't do what?

He did not declassify them, or if he did he failed to mark them as such, meaning it was still illegal to store them there.

Sure, the ex-president can't, but he could when he was President if he wanted to....moreover the ex-president still has security clearance to view such documents.

Only if he has a need to know, he cannot just look at any classified document he wants just because he was one POTUS. The need to know is always a component of who is allowed to see them.

A lot of propaganda over a nothing burger

Yes, for those that support Trump it is just that. Had they found boxes of papers like this in Obama's house it would have been the end of the world as we know it.

Partisanship sucks

The question is…why did Trump take the documents?

Did he take them because he needs them as a former President or did he take them to prevent them from becoming part of the public record ?

And so you would you folks.......Except, he did you 4 or 5 steps better and just took classified documents with him....which is a hell of a lot different than using a private email server....which Trumpers also don't give a fuck about since Trump has them covered on that too...

Just another weak attempt at deflection which only further proves how full of shit Trumpers are...speaking of full shit..that reminds me of the documents he tried flushing down toilets...no wonder he whined about the flushing capability of toilets all this time..
where in your link does it say anything about her emails being on a "homebrewed server in his basement"

More deflection from the demafascist cult

where in your link does it say anything about her emails being on a "homebrewed server in his basement"

More deflection from the demafascist cult
The allegation is that she used a private email server in which government emails were sent -- and stored on that prviate server....containing possibly classified materials...which in turn put her at risk of being hacked by foreign entities....

In comparison.....Trump took actual hard copy materials, documents, etc -- that could be considered classified...

Furthermore, we are finding out that he shredded documents in violation of the records act, etc, etc, etc, etc....but since Trump hates the same people you folks hate, you will twist yourself into pretzels to claim both things are the same...

Turnabout is fair play

Trump was elected by being outraged at Hillary’s handling of Classified information

Lock her up!
Lock her up!
I’m fine with that. It’s already been established your side cares nothing about security. Hillary thought nothing to send thousands of emails in clear text to a rogue email server and storage. Beyond Hillary, you got the Harris-Biden that can’t secure the Border. Pelosi can’t secure the Hill. Back to Hillary and her cronies in the Clinton Administration, they gutted the Defense and Intel budgets which took Dick Cheney six years to rebuild.

I welcome the investigation of Trump. My bet is that he will emerge just as Hillary did with Benghazi and EmailGate. And, unlike Hilary, he’s been elected President and only lost a presidential election once.

Some of the White House documents that Donald Trump improperly took to his Mar-a-Lago residence were clearly marked as classified, including documents at the “top secret” level, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The existence of clearly marked classified documents in the trove — which has not previously been reported — is likely to intensify the legal pressure that Trump or his staffers could face, and raises new questions about why the materials were taken out of the White House.

Some Trump records taken to Mar-a-Lago clearly marked as classified, including documents at ‘top secret’ level

Wow, it just keeps getting deeper and deeper. What do you think?
I wonder if I went back to the discussions of Hillary having multiple Top Secret information on her private email server - and then sent those to people who do not have sufficient clearance...and wiped emails unlawfully... I wonder of you made threads about that?

yeah... no... you didn't

I’m fine with that. It’s already been established your side cares nothing about security. Hillary thought nothing to send thousands of emails in clear text to a rogue email server and storage. Beyond Hillary, you got the Harris-Biden that can’t secure the Border. Pelosi can’t secure the Hill. Back to Hillary and her cronies in the Clinton Administration, they gutted the Defense and Intel budgets which took Dick Cheney six years to rebuild.

I welcome the investigation of Trump. My bet is that he will emerge just as Hillary did with Benghazi and EmailGate. And, unlike Hilary, he’s been elected President and only lost a presidential election once.
But unlike Trump, she seems to be more powerful than Trump....which is crazy because she was never president..and she is a girl....

How the fuck can Trump be so much of a weak cuck that she is still more powerful than he is??

in his mind, trump is still president.
I think we have to see what is in those documents

If they relate and to generic events of his Presidency there is no problem
But if they relate to events he is trying to hide, there can be a problem

I think we have to see what is in those documents

If they relate and to generic events of his Presidency there is no problem
But if they relate to events he is trying to hide, there can be a problem
They're about yoga class and his daughter's wedding.

How stupid are you. Per the Presidential Records Act he has no right to possess those documents, as president, let alone as an ex-president. I mean you guys really need to keep up.
They don't care. Any rule or law he breaks that furthers their agenda is A-OK with them.

That's how it is when you've been told you're "at war" with "evil". Anything goes.

Then he has nothing to worry about does he?
Exactly. He's free to destroy anything he wants to and claim he wiped the servers down with a cloth. The acceptable standard is 30,000. Anything up to that is ignored. If anyone complains, he can just say he didn't know it was classified and couldn't be expected to know.

Forum List

Back