Sometimes the News is Quite Poetic: The Weenies, A Burning Flag and Some Bikers

Why do I suspect that if a group of gay bikers had tried to start a fight with Christian protestors, this thread would have a significantly different tone to it?

Why do I suspect that you are making a Lame Deflection.

:lol:

You started a thread cheering violence against nonviolent protestors that you happen to disagree with.

As far as I'm concerned, my post is pretty directly responding to your thread. What is it that you think in trying to "deflect" from?

Do you understand what the term "deflection" means? I'm thinking no...

You sad little booby. The germane happening is that the then had to rely on the police.

I see you fell into the trap. What a dullard.

To you, the "germane" happening is that they "had to rely" on the police.

To me (and I suspect many others reading this thread), the "germane" part is that you think it's somehow amusing that people you don't agree with were threatened with violence.

It's not "karmic justice" that the police broke it up, it's their job. It's what's supposed to happen.

On the other hand, bikers beating up protestors (in the minds of most normal humans) is not "supposed" to happen.

It's "germane" to the conversation that you managed to ignore that fact.

This one makes me smile:

Weenies burn flag to protest cops, get attacked by bikers, need cops to save their asses

A group of flag-burning anti-NYPD protesters needed New York’s Finest to save their skin from a gang of angry bikers who tried to pummel them in a Brooklyn park for setting Old Glory ablaze Wednesday.

The fiery stunt by a few dozen members of the group Disarm the Police led to a chaotic scene at about 8 p.m. in Fort Greene Park, when the activists enraged 40 members of the Hallowed Sons Motorcycle Club by roasting the flag on a tiny barbecue grill.

“They took off like little b—hes,” said one biker. “They lit the f–king flag and took off running once they got slapped once or twice.”...

Weenies burn flag to protest cops get attacked by bikers need cops to save their asses New York Post

You think biker thugs attacking people is funny? Why would anyone agree with a bunch of biker thugs attacking people who were not doing anything wrong or illegal?

The biker thugs broke the law and then endangered the cops who had to call them off.

Not to mention that the thugs completely disrespected the deaths of millions of Americans who fought for the freedom to burn a piece of fabric that SYMBOLIZES what they fought for.

This one makes me smile:

Weenies burn flag to protest cops, get attacked by bikers, need cops to save their asses

A group of flag-burning anti-NYPD protesters needed New York’s Finest to save their skin from a gang of angry bikers who tried to pummel them in a Brooklyn park for setting Old Glory ablaze Wednesday.

The fiery stunt by a few dozen members of the group Disarm the Police led to a chaotic scene at about 8 p.m. in Fort Greene Park, when the activists enraged 40 members of the Hallowed Sons Motorcycle Club by roasting the flag on a tiny barbecue grill.

“They took off like little b—hes,” said one biker. “They lit the f–king flag and took off running once they got slapped once or twice.”...

Weenies burn flag to protest cops get attacked by bikers need cops to save their asses New York Post

You think biker thugs attacking people is funny? Why would anyone agree with a bunch of biker thugs attacking people who were not doing anything wrong or illegal?

The biker thugs broke the law and then endangered the cops who had to call them off.

Not to mention that the thugs completely disrespected the deaths of millions of Americans who fought for the freedom to burn a piece of fabric that SYMBOLIZES what they fought for.

I am a veteran and did not fight so anti-American dickweeds would have the right to burn the flag. I salute the bikers that kicked stopped the burning of the flag.

This one makes me smile:

I am a veteran and did not fight so anti-American dickweeds would have the right to burn the flag. I salute the bikers that kicked stopped the burning of the flag.

You don't get to choose what rights you fight for.

Whether or not you believe you fought for the First Amendment, it still exists.

This one makes me smile:

TooTall

Yes, actually you did.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

I despise westboro, kkk, white supremacists and certain others but I would never attack them for exercising their rights.

Our rights are much more important than a piece of fabric.

This one makes me smile:

Yes and even if he, the OP or others do not believe in or agree with it, the principles of the First Amendment are far more precious than any piece of fabric.

If the bikers were not brainless thugs. they would have protected the flag burners against harm.

Its frustrating to have this discussion with every generation and see that certain people still don't get it.

Why do I suspect that if a group of gay bikers had tried to start a fight with Christian protestors, this thread would have a significantly different tone to it?

Pretty sure Christian protesters today wouldnt burn a US flag or demand cops be disarmed. And gay biker gang?? Hmmm. Would they have baskets on the front and streamers on the handlebars haha?

One of my favorite comedians answered the question of why bikers wear leather. Lynde was a classic one liner comedian. More zingers at link.

Peter Marshall: Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?
Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

lyndesquares

Peter Marshall: True or false...research indicates that Columbus liked to wear bloomers and long stockings.
Paul Lynde: It's not easy to sign a crew up for six months...

Peter Marshall: Whose motto is "Do Your Best"?
Paul Lynde: I guess we can rule out Jimmy Carter...

Peter Marshall: According to the French Chef, Julia Child, how much is a pinch?
Paul Lynde: Just enough to turn her on...

Peter Marshall: It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics. What is the other?
Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

This one makes me smile:

Yes and even if he, the OP or others do not believe in or agree with it, the principles of the First Amendment are far more precious than any piece of fabric.

If the bikers were not brainless thugs. they would have protected the flag burners against harm.

Its frustrating to have this discussion with every generation and see that certain people still don't get it.

The brainless thugs are the ones burning the flag and need a damned good beating.

This one makes me smile:

TooTall

Yes, actually you did.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

I despise westboro, kkk, white supremacists and certain others but I would never attack them for exercising their rights.

Fuck you and your 'right' to burn the US flag. It is my right to object to your hatred for America.

This one makes me smile:

TooTall

Yes, actually you did.

Fuck you and your 'right' to burn the US flag. It is my right to object to your hatred for America.

Do you believe it to be "your right" to assault people based on your outrage?

This one makes me smile:

TooTall

Yes, actually you did.

I consider burning the American flag criminal and provocation enough to assault someone doing it. I am willing to take my chances with a judge and jury if got arrested. Based on your previous posts, I would not be surprised if you encouraged burning the flag.

TooTall

Yes, actually you did.

I consider burning the American flag criminal and provocation enough to assault someone doing it. I am willing to take my chances with a judge and jury if got arrested. Based on your previous posts, I would not be surprised if you encouraged burning the flag.

Thanks for answering my question.

Honestly, I don't care either way about flag burning, or the flag at all.

Flag fetishism is dumb.

This one makes me smile:

TooTall

Yes, actually you did.

Ask the thugs in Ferguson.

I don't like to see people getting assaulted, but there are occasions when I'm OK with someone getting punched in the face. This is one of those occasions.

Nelson-Muntz-haha.jpeg

Why do I suspect that you are making a Lame Deflection.

You started a thread cheering violence against nonviolent protestors that you happen to disagree with.

As far as I'm concerned, my post is pretty directly responding to your thread. What is it that you think in trying to "deflect" from?

Do you understand what the term "deflection" means? I'm thinking no...

You sad little booby. The germane happening is that the then had to rely on the police.

I see you fell into the trap. What a dullard.

You mean the police are expected to do THEIR JOB? Imagine that.

Forum List

Back