Songs that be like downhome shady, smooth groovin'

Raisin' it up, waxin' it down, and leave the sweet stuff. :cool:

Guitar licks be niccccce, real nicccccccccce.

Mike Mangini 2012 in a new band....10 second drum intro kills....
Mike Mangini -drums
Marco Sfogli -guitar

Good stuff!

Among my favorite drum interpretations is Fergal Lawler's on Zombie:

Thing about the best of drummers like Lawler is that they have an uncanny feel for how to drive each song they encounter.

Good stuff!

Among my favorite drum interpretations is Fergal Lawler's on Zombie:

Thing about the best of drummers like Lawler is that they have an uncanny feel for how to drive each song they encounter.

I gotta disagree. A drummer tries to match the impact of a musical piece. He can't make it stronger than it is, but he can screw it up pretty quick. Keep the tempo, match the FEEL of the song, and don't let your flourishes interrupt the other instruments. A session drummer that can do that will have more work than he wants.

I gotta disagree. A drummer tries to match the impact of a musical piece. He can't make it stronger than it is, but he can screw it up pretty quick. Keep the tempo, match the FEEL of the song, and don't let your flourishes interrupt the other instruments. A session drummer that can do that will have more work than he wants.
Actually, we agree. I don't mean drive as in lead but drive as in with. That's why Ringo, for example, is great and underappreciated by those who don't get what a good drummer does, as you do.

Actually, we agree. I don't mean drive as in lead but drive as in with. That's why Ringo, for example, is great and underappreciated by those who don't get what a good drummer does, as you do.
Sure, but Ringo sucked at tempo.

By the way, your description of what a good drummer does is not only apt but poetically so.

By the way, your description of what a good drummer does is not only apt but poetically so.
Thank you. I played drums as a kid. My biggest claim to fame was when Edgar Winter an a couple of his friends staggered into Momma's Worry in Beaumont, and wanted to sit in. I'll never forget that.

Thank you. I played drums as a kid. My biggest claim to fame was when Edgar Winter an a couple of his friends staggered into Momma's Worry in Beaumont, and wanted to sit in. I'll never forget that.
I thought you might be a drummer from your description! But I'm confused. There are several drummers I really like, and Ringo is one of them. Not only do I dig his unique left-handed-groove-on-a-right-handed-kit signature but his timing is famously impeccable. What am I missing?

Forum List

Back