🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Soooooo why was this shot down?

There is no majority of GOP in the senate. The Dems could have passed it without them. so, it was the Democrats who voted against it that made the bill fail.

Had you read the article, which you clearly haven't, you'd see:

The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it. Four GOP senators -- Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine and Dean Heller of Nevada -- voted in favor of the bill.

Can someone please give me an honest answer about what is wrong with this legislation and why it wasn't even allowed to come to a vote?

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN.com

This looks to be a good bill to promote bringing back jobs, private business jobs, to American soil. But the majority of the GOP in the senate blocked it from even being allowed to be voted on. Why?

This screams of partisan politics and again placing priority on blocking anything that the president does as priority #1 even when it comes at the cost of creating American jobs.

So, can someone please explain it to me.

It's also based on the recommendations of Obama's Jobs Council. You know, the one that Mr. Etch-A-Sketch claims he didn't meet with enough.

Obama sinks to historic lows among blue-collar men

The new Quinnipiac University and ABC/Washington Post national surveys out this week converge on one key conclusion: as the election nears, President Obama is sinking to historic lows among the group most consistently hostile to him.

Throughout his career on the national stage, Obama has struggled among white men without a college education. But in these latest surveys, he has fallen to a level of support among them lower than any Democratic nominee has attracted in any election since 1980, according to an upcoming National Journal analysis of exit polls from presidential elections.

Obama Sinks to Historic Lows Among Blue-Collar Men - 2012 Decoded

So what? This will be easily overcome. Obama is polling at more than 98% among Asian transvestite vegans.

69 Million people voted for Obama in 2008. I haven't talked to one of them who has told me, "I made a mistake, I'm voting for Romney this time." Not one.

You should talk to some of the college students who voted for him in 2008.
Massive student loan debt and still no job.

Hey, Chippy, unlike you, having a college degree means they are smart enough to realize that the world-wide economic meltdown isn't Obama's fault.

Again, haven't talked to one who has told me yet they are voting for Romney this time.

Here's a more important factor. The number of votes the Democratic candidate has gotten has increased in every election since 1980. Mondale got more than Carter, Dukakis got more than Mondale, Clinotn got more than Duakakis, and so on.

This is not the case with Republicans, where Bush-41 got less than Reagan and McCain got less than Bush-43. Dole got exactly the same number of votes Bush-41 got the second time- which for those playing along at home was "not enough".

So if anything, Obama will probably get MORE votes in 2012 than he got in 2008.

Meanwhile, Romney's got a bit of a problem. 10% of Republicans and 18% of independents (The folks who voted for McCain last time) will not vote for a member of the Mormon Cult.

A lot of us who supported McCain last time did so because we hated Romney.

Of course not.

They know they will be called a racist.

By who?

Just about any Obama supporter.

Well, that covers all the racists who voted for McCain, although McCain was decent enough not to want them.

The problem, is of course, that 90% of the oppossition to Obama is based on racism. Yesterday, I was at a party with a woman who was upset her facebook account was cancelled because she called Obama the "N-word".

Can someone please give me an honest answer about what is wrong with this legislation and why it wasn't even allowed to come to a vote?

This looks to be a good bill to promote bringing back jobs, private business jobs, to American soil. But the majority of the GOP in the senate blocked it from even being allowed to be voted on. Why?

This screams of partisan politics and again placing priority on blocking anything that the president does as priority #1 even when it comes at the cost of creating American jobs.

How would Republicans in the Senate "block" anything, RDD...when they don't have control of the Senate? Harry Reid controls what is brought to the floor for votes...which is why he currently has 30 bills sent over to the Senate by the GOP controlled House gathering dust on his desk.

Certain measures have to have 2/3rds unanimous votes to pass.

The new Quinnipiac University and ABC/Washington Post national surveys out this week converge on one key conclusion: as the election nears, President Obama is sinking to historic lows among the group most consistently hostile to him.

Throughout his career on the national stage, Obama has struggled among white men without a college education. But in these latest surveys, he has fallen to a level of support among them lower than any Democratic nominee has attracted in any election since 1980, according to an upcoming National Journal analysis of exit polls from presidential elections.

So what? This will be easily overcome. Obama is polling at more than 98% among Asian transvestite vegans.

Takes one, to know one.

Because it's purely political pandering that the Democrats know has zero chance of passing. The Democrats have been poor on the economy, so they are playing political games to improve their optics. If the Democrats were serious about this, why didn't they pass it in 2009 when they controlled everything?

Well, American blue-collar men don't like it when a POTUS gives away America's possessions (Alaskan islands and waters, without consulting the sovereign state of Alaska, too.); when a POTUS brings a Jobs Czar to power over American jobs while his company is exporting tens of thousands of jobs overseas, not to mention America's hard-earned technologies with it which will stay there even if we bring American jobs back home; when a POTUS loads his kitchen cabinet with former card-carrying communists who have histories of being anti-american and tax-dodgers; when a POTUS has exactly zero meetings with House leaders they elected that aren't dictatorial in nature rather than in the spirit of sharing recommendations about passing a budget, and targets House dissenters as his "enemies;" when a POTUS cancels American drilling and 20,000 high-paying blue collar jobs along with it in coastal waters and 2 communist countries swoop in to take up the slack, giving the jobs to communist workers; when a POTUS gets a bill passed that will raise National Taxes by 8.5% but lies about it and says it is not a tax; when a POTUS calls their conservative representatives "enemies".

Our American men don't forget political nightmare scenario-realities, and they're less likely to be fooled by "feel good" lies that polish the apple which might likely be rather rotten inside. Just sayin'.... :eusa_whistle:

How is being a tax dodger make you a communist? I guess Spiro T. Agnew was a pinko!

Sure...

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

Takes one, to know one.

Gee, you really got me there.

Because it's purely political pandering that the Democrats know has zero chance of passing. The Democrats have been poor on the economy, so they are playing political games to improve their optics. If the Democrats were serious about this, why didn't they pass it in 2009 when they controlled everything?

That's a lot of bills y'all think the Democrats should have passed in the 50 something days the Dems had this "super majority".

69 Million people voted for Obama in 2008. I haven't talked to one of them who has told me, "I made a mistake, I'm voting for Romney this time." Not one.

You should talk to some of the college students who voted for him in 2008.
Massive student loan debt and still no job.

Hey, Chippy, unlike you, having a college degree means they are smart enough to realize that the world-wide economic meltdown isn't Obama's fault.

Again, haven't talked to one who has told me yet they are voting for Romney this time.

Here's a more important factor. The number of votes the Democratic candidate has gotten has increased in every election since 1980. Mondale got more than Carter, Dukakis got more than Mondale, Clinotn got more than Duakakis, and so on.

This is not the case with Republicans, where Bush-41 got less than Reagan and McCain got less than Bush-43. Dole got exactly the same number of votes Bush-41 got the second time- which for those playing along at home was "not enough".

So if anything, Obama will probably get MORE votes in 2012 than he got in 2008.

Meanwhile, Romney's got a bit of a problem. 10% of Republicans and 18% of independents (The folks who voted for McCain last time) will not vote for a member of the Mormon Cult.

A lot of us who supported McCain last time did so because we hated Romney.

Hey, Chippy, unlike me, the fact that they voted for Obama in the first place shows me they aren't smart enough to realize anything more than Obama promised Hope & Change and they're still unemployed and deep in debt.
Hopefully enough of them are smart enough to vote against him this time.

Here's a more important factor. The number of votes the Democratic candidate has gotten has increased in every election since 1980.

I always enjoyed this fact, except for Carter's 50.1% of the vote in 1976, after Watergate, the last time a Democrat got more than 50% of the popular vote was 1964, after JFK was killed.
Obama's 52.9% was a fluke. I think this time he'll get less than 50%. Significantly less.
Liberal Democrats just don't do very well. Now that he's been unmasked, "You didn't build it", he'll be lucky to break 47%.

Forum List

Back