Sorry, I'm angry now, rip up NAFTA and force the Democrats to take a position in it's current form

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I believe i free trade, I believe in capitalism. Canada engages in neither. Chrystia Freeland is lying and I told her in an email she's full of shyte. I thought we could negotiate, but it's clear we have no interest, Obama advising Trudeau and his team that the rat bast.ards pals he has in place will resist any NAFTA ripping up. Trump should make it an election issue, along with immigration reform, and force the Democrats to tell U.S workers where they stand.

This Canadian "reciprocal trade" means, "we steal your jobs and employ very little in America, we get the better of you in surpluses and are protectionism. We bribe, coerce and pressure behind the scenes any and all U.S politicians to take our position". There was a clip in which she arrogantly stated that "I will never apologize for standing up for Canadian workers". LOL, you mean state patsies who steal jobs from America? Somehow the U.S standing up for free markets is considered protectionism however.

Notice in this clip she says "Canada does not consider trade deficit and surpluses to be the ultimate arbiter of whether trade is good or bad". Errr, when you are an economy that offers zero innovation or specialized skills other than raw good, we bring f all to the table. How do we have even one auto sector job from U.S cars when we don't even have our own domestic auto industry?

Robert Lighthizer also spoke in another clip of how he was pleased with some progress on bribery and other issues Considering how Canada uses these "methods" as a means to steal jobs, don't expect anything to change soon, though the RCMP ad their pals will smile to your face. We were the very worst in the entire G20, making a mockery of global trade enforcement.

Canada refuses to be a nation based on individual right to pursuit and liberty, we need America to help us with this. No bigger piece of cheese than NAFTA.

'A step forward': NAFTA Round 6 talks wrap up in Montreal with some progress | CBC News

Free trade~international trade left to its natural course without tariffs, quotas, or other restrictions.

This is what you support?

A trade deficit or surplus is neither a positive nor a negative.

That thinking represents mercantilism, which was discredited two centuries ago.

It's amazing how economically illiterate some people are, including the President.

Republicans used to be smarter than the Democrats on economics, but it's difficult to argue this anymore when they are pushing this nonsense.

If other countries would and could play fair then free trade would be possible, but we have seen it is not possible since govts. subsidize industries to increase exports...

Free trade~international trade left to its natural course without tariffs, quotas, or other restrictions.

That's basically the international trading system now.

The average tariff in the United States based on export value has fallen from 40% after WWII to about 5% today.

If other countries would and could play fair then free trade would be possible, but we have seen it is not possible since govts. subsidize industries to increase exports...

That's funny.

Foreigners say the Americans manipulate trade, too.

When I grew up in Canada, the nationalistic Canadian press would say that the Americans were the unfair traders, whereas the Canadians were saints.

In America, the nationalistic American press says that the foreigners are unfair traders, whereas the Americans are saints.

See a pattern?

The average tariff in the United States based on export value has fallen from 40% after WWII to about 5% today.
Bombardier wins fight against huge tariffs on aircraft imports
Canadian rival Bombardier after Donald Trump’s administration had threatened to impose duties of 292%.
Funny seems higher then 40 percent to me.

I don't want tariffs and quotas, but what do you think Canada engages in? We tax you GST to pay for our debt. We enter your corporations and place patsy government agents within our entire system, rewards for them and their objective is to engage in undermining businesses and foreign growth in "government run industries".

This issue has gone way beyond just the U.S, we are also being sued by Australia and New Zealand. We offer massive hundreds of million dollar grants to industry. We place regulations that impact you but not our domestic businesses. We in fact, use this as a two tier system, one for government, and the other for everyone else. This is not capitalism.

We gave GM $400M to stay in Ontario as they were headed back to Ohio and Michigan. Canada didn't even tell it's citizens and state run media didn't report it, I had to coordinate with a reporter from Michigan to find this out.

As for surpluses and deficits Don't be naive and if you want to debate economics and trade, we can do so. We are going beyond just trade itself to exploit you. We are violating your corporate sovereignty. Not just us, but allowing foreign businesses from China (meaning, government spies), Russia (meaning, government spies) and other enemies of the U.S to enter industries, because to us, we couldn't care less, we are doing the same thing they are doing against the U.S, so why not profit from it? To hell with your security and sovereignty.

Surpluses if based on skill set, talents and so called "specialization" is a joke. What does Canada specialize in? F all, because we have fossils who have run this country for 150 years, lineage from the fossils in England. YOU are the innovators and producers, we just look to exploit.

If Canada followed the same system America had, yes, surpluses wouldn't mean as much. When we however bribe, undermine and steal your industry to subsidize our system at your expense, it's a problem. America should have had a few solid years of a surplus with Canada, especially considering how similar our dollar values are, but you have nothing to show for it.

Tell Canada to free up it's market and it's citizens or rip the agreement up right on the floor of Capital Hill. I've lost too much and fought too hard to let these oppressive sob's try and screw over the only U.S administration that finally understands what is going on.

Last edited:
Nafta is Reagan and George hw Bushs Idea.

Do understand that half of the democratic party voted against it at the time. The republicans have always pushed free trade deals such as nafta and even the TPP.

Those tariffs haven't been implemented.

And it's one industry.

In terms of the total volume of trade, tariffs are a small fraction.

Trade has grown faster than economic growth over the past 70 years.

The country as a whole benefits from trade.

Those tariffs haven't been implemented.

And it's one industry.

In terms of the total volume of trade, tariffs are a small fraction.

Trade has grown faster than economic growth over the past 70 years.

The country as a whole benefits from trade.
Lol I know, just wanted to point out that Trump clearly wants to do exactly what he accuses other countries of only in a much more extreme form.

I don't want tariffs and quotas, but what do you think Canada engages in? We tax you GST to pay for our debt.

All goods at their final point of destination pay a sales tax, regardless of where they are made.

GST is not added to the value of a good throughout its production if it is made outside of Canada. Only the final sales price is taxed.

That's also true of goods made in Canada and sold in the US.

Lol I know, just wanted to point out that Trump clearly wants to do exactly what he accuses other countries of only in a much more extreme form.

I don't think Trump went to Econ 101 when he went to Wharton.

He postulates a theory that last had credence in the 1850s.

It's always interesting to see the party that claims to be for freedom, less government and lower taxes arguing against all those things by wanting to raise taxes on trade.

That's something leftist anti-capitalistic Democrats only used to support.

I don't think Trump went to Econ 101 when he went to Wharton.

He postulates a theory that last had credence in the 1850s.
I think he went to Wharton and his father donated a few million to give him a degree. I can't believe someone who seems to be hardly literate is capable of graduating college let alone Wharton fair and square. The same goes for this tax reform. The economy is booming and so they overcharge the system some more. so when the market inevitably goes into a recession. The debt is larger, interest rates are so low, you can't use those to prop up the market, so basically the only weapon you have to combat that recession is printing money, or borrowing more. At the same time he's pissing of the same people he needs to borrow from. What can go wrong?

Forum List

Back