🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sorry, I'm angry now, rip up NAFTA and force the Democrats to take a position in it's current form

It's always interesting to see the party that claims to be for freedom, less government and lower taxes arguing against all those things by wanting to raise taxes on trade.

That's something leftist anti-capitalistic Democrats only used to support.

Listen, I am a free market capitalist, I would rather America and Canada have smaller government. There is a massive difference between the U.S which has a massive administration and Canada which has a massive administration AND intervention in the economy.

Right now I can give you names of people working in management at the Ministry in Ontario, at the province run agencies, at Credit Agencies, at federal run banks and other places who are not working for the citizens, but, are in fact working against citizens in the form of covert, government agents. Squirrely, self serving, Stasi-like tactics against citizens and foreign businesses.

You want free markets based on talent, best practices and best and brightest? Go for it, so do I. We have nothing like this. We have High School drop outs who are given high level positions in government abusing their power, with little skillset. Not high school dropouts who run their own businesses from scratch, but police agent patsies who are low performers, all too happy to persecute citizens.

If I am Trump, I walk away from NAFTA. GO a year without any agreement and then enter into bi-lateral agreements with Canada and Mexico. If Canada and Mexico have so much to offer, we should be able to win business without any agreement, right? Let's have our nepotism compete with American invention. We will get crushed, relying on trading raw goods for those who actually do something with them.

I believe i free trade, I believe in capitalism. Canada engages in neither. Chrystia Freeland is lying and I told her in an email she's full of shyte. I thought we could negotiate, but it's clear we have no interest, Obama advising Trudeau and his team that the rat bast.ards pals he has in place will resist any NAFTA ripping up. Trump should make it an election issue, along with immigration reform, and force the Democrats to tell U.S workers where they stand.

This Canadian "reciprocal trade" means, "we steal your jobs and employ very little in America, we get the better of you in surpluses and are protectionism. We bribe, coerce and pressure behind the scenes any and all U.S politicians to take our position". There was a clip in which she arrogantly stated that "I will never apologize for standing up for Canadian workers". LOL, you mean state patsies who steal jobs from America? Somehow the U.S standing up for free markets is considered protectionism however.

Notice in this clip she says "Canada does not consider trade deficit and surpluses to be the ultimate arbiter of whether trade is good or bad". Errr, when you are an economy that offers zero innovation or specialized skills other than raw good, we bring f all to the table. How do we have even one auto sector job from U.S cars when we don't even have our own domestic auto industry?

Robert Lighthizer also spoke in another clip of how he was pleased with some progress on bribery and other issues Considering how Canada uses these "methods" as a means to steal jobs, don't expect anything to change soon, though the RCMP ad their pals will smile to your face. We were the very worst in the entire G20, making a mockery of global trade enforcement.

Canada refuses to be a nation based on individual right to pursuit and liberty, we need America to help us with this. No bigger piece of cheese than NAFTA.

'A step forward': NAFTA Round 6 talks wrap up in Montreal with some progress | CBC News

You’ve been ranting since you joined this board that Canada was screwing over the US through NAFTA, without a shred of evidence or a link supporting your conspiracy theories, and despite the facts that The balance of trade between the two countries favours the USA.

You say that you’ve contacted people in Ottawa and Washington with your concerns and they’ve been brushed aside.

In fact, you seem to be astoundingly ignorant of the impact of NAFTA on Canadian manufacturing jobs. The first impact of NAFTA was for American owned companies to back up Canadian branch operations and move them home to the USA, plunging Canada into a recession.

Lobbying (what you call “bribery”) is legal in the US. It’s how things work. Governments or corporations lobby the US government for deals, sales and other benefits.

Americans have attacked Canadian exports, from softwood lumber to Subway cars and lost most trade disputes, showing that Canada isn’t using unfair trade practices as you claim.

I believe i free trade, I believe in capitalism. Canada engages in neither. Chrystia Freeland is lying and I told her in an email she's full of shyte. I thought we could negotiate, but it's clear we have no interest, Obama advising Trudeau and his team that the rat bast.ards pals he has in place will resist any NAFTA ripping up. Trump should make it an election issue, along with immigration reform, and force the Democrats to tell U.S workers where they stand.

This Canadian "reciprocal trade" means, "we steal your jobs and employ very little in America, we get the better of you in surpluses and are protectionism. We bribe, coerce and pressure behind the scenes any and all U.S politicians to take our position". There was a clip in which she arrogantly stated that "I will never apologize for standing up for Canadian workers". LOL, you mean state patsies who steal jobs from America? Somehow the U.S standing up for free markets is considered protectionism however.

Notice in this clip she says "Canada does not consider trade deficit and surpluses to be the ultimate arbiter of whether trade is good or bad". Errr, when you are an economy that offers zero innovation or specialized skills other than raw good, we bring f all to the table. How do we have even one auto sector job from U.S cars when we don't even have our own domestic auto industry?

Robert Lighthizer also spoke in another clip of how he was pleased with some progress on bribery and other issues Considering how Canada uses these "methods" as a means to steal jobs, don't expect anything to change soon, though the RCMP ad their pals will smile to your face. We were the very worst in the entire G20, making a mockery of global trade enforcement.

Canada refuses to be a nation based on individual right to pursuit and liberty, we need America to help us with this. No bigger piece of cheese than NAFTA.

'A step forward': NAFTA Round 6 talks wrap up in Montreal with some progress | CBC News

You’ve been ranting since you joined this board that Canada was screwing over the US through NAFTA, without a shred of evidence or a link supporting your conspiracy theories, and despite the facts that The balance of trade between the two countries favours the USA.

You say that you’ve contacted people in Ottawa and Washington with your concerns and they’ve been brushed aside.

In fact, you seem to be astoundingly ignorant of the impact of NAFTA on Canadian manufacturing jobs. The first impact of NAFTA was for American owned companies to back up Canadian branch operations and move them home to the USA, plunging Canada into a recession.

Lobbying (what you call “bribery”) is legal in the US. It’s how things work. Governments or corporations lobby the US government for deals, sales and other benefits.

Americans have attacked Canadian exports, from softwood lumber to Subway cars and lost most trade disputes, showing that Canada isn’t using unfair trade practices as you claim.

You have no standing to attack me considering how my wife and I have been treated and abused. I have a fooking untreated torn bicep because of these sob's. I'm not ignorant to what these cowards have done and they are not ignorant to what I have done and will continue to do.

Now they are working to take our home, purposely NOT withdrawing our mortgage that was in our account. They tried this a couple of years ago and even had a lawyer letter sent to us telling us we had a certain number of days to clear out. What system is this? I have to run around and find out what the hell they are doing, while they play possum.

It's a tactic someone made me aware of, they can basically say "you didn't pay your mortgage" even though the money was in the account, they just choose not to withdraw it. They make your life a living hell as you try and fight their accusations, all while they make a couple of billions a quarter. The Canadian system is exploitive and cowardly, anyone who knows the truth and doesn't stand up to these bullies is a coward too as far as I am concerned.

You can be sure I haven't stopped and won't stop. These traitors will get the same empathy from me as they have shown for me.

Lol I know, just wanted to point out that Trump clearly wants to do exactly what he accuses other countries of only in a much more extreme form.

I don't think Trump went to Econ 101 when he went to Wharton.

He postulates a theory that last had credence in the 1850s.

Alright...that's enough out of you. Our trade deals over the last 30 years have been so poorly negotiated we now find ourselves off-shored and out-sourced into a $502B trade imbalance. Maybe you don't know what that means so I'll explain it to you. That means that sum is what leaves the US over what we take in... a staggering figure. We don't have a trade surplus with anybody, especially Mexico who before NAFTA had over a $1B deficit with us. They now have a trade surplus with us of over $63B. Get out your crayons and try to figure out what losing half a TRILLION dollars a year does to an economy, dumbass.

A trade deficit or surplus is neither a positive nor a negative.

That thinking represents mercantilism, which was discredited two centuries ago.

It's amazing how economically illiterate some people are, including the President.

Republicans used to be smarter than the Democrats on economics, but it's difficult to argue this anymore when they are pushing this nonsense.

So you think that all the manufacturing that was once here that was lost to other countries has had no negative impact on the American worker?

Lol I know, just wanted to point out that Trump clearly wants to do exactly what he accuses other countries of only in a much more extreme form.

I don't think Trump went to Econ 101 when he went to Wharton.

He postulates a theory that last had credence in the 1850s.

Alright...that's enough out of you. Our trade deals over the last 30 years have been so poorly negotiated we now find ourselves off-shored and out-sourced into a $502B trade imbalance. Maybe you don't know what that means so I'll explain it to you. That means that sum is what leaves the US over what we take in... a staggering figure. We don't have a trade surplus with anybody, especially Mexico who before NAFTA had over a $1B deficit with us. They now have a trade surplus with us of over $63B. Get out your crayons and try to figure out what losing half a TRILLION dollars a year does to an economy, dumbass.

Hello, 18th century?

Tom Horn is here to tell you all about economics.

:rofl:

You should have gotten an education.

A trade deficit or surplus is neither a positive nor a negative.

That thinking represents mercantilism, which was discredited two centuries ago.

It's amazing how economically illiterate some people are, including the President.

Republicans used to be smarter than the Democrats on economics, but it's difficult to argue this anymore when they are pushing this nonsense.

So you think that all the manufacturing that was once here that was lost to other countries has had no negative impact on the American worker?

Not on the country, no.

Thank you for your ignorance of economics.

As most leftists are.

That the so-called right-wing Tom Horn and "shockedCanadian" thanked you is all you need to know about how fucked up is the so-called state of "conservative" thought, and their poorly educated ignorance.

They are mimicking facism, where leftism and conservatism meld, despite their ignorance to understand otherwise.

The poorly educated "conservative" rubes are mimicking and parroting the arguments of the far left of the past 70 years, who advocate for Big Government to shape economic outcomes, parading it as false conservative ideology, and too stupid to understand that they are advocating all the things they claim to despise is fucking hilarious.

Tom Horn, who doesn't understand trade economics, is here pretending to be a conservative while whoring for Big Government policies of taxation and government involvement in the economy.

:lol:

That is awesome.

The poorly educated "conservative" rubes are mimicking and parroting the arguments of the far left of the past 70 years, who advocate for Big Government to shape economic outcomes, parading it as false conservative ideology, and too stupid to understand that they are advocating all the things they claim to despise is fucking hilarious.

The fact that you make this argument is absurd. You clearly have not been reading my posts.

I am a former MBA student and a supporter of laissez-faire, Milton Friendman type economics. Let's consider for a moment that he would have wanted a very few global system, no borders or tariffs. HOWEVER, this is the big caveat; he stated before that he could support open borders only under the condition that America wasn't a welfare state. If it was (as you are), it is not sustainable nor beneficial.

Now, let's postulate that he would apply at least some of that philosophy to open trade, it only works if both nations are capitalist. If you have excessive government interference, as Canada and China have for example, it only serves to undermine the capitalist nation and is not a competition between the best, brightest and specialized talents, but is state vs free market. This is ripe for exploitation and the RCMP and their surrogates in Canada haven't skipped a beat. Tampering with HR, management, executives in corporations and dictating the direction of the government, the winners and losers is more closely aligned to former East Germany (a system the RCMP in the 1970's tried to emulate and it hasn't subsided) than the United States of America.

The fact that you make this argument is absurd. You clearly have not been reading my posts.

I am a former MBA student and a supporter of laissez-faire, Milton Friendman type economics. Let's consider for a moment that he would have wanted a very few global system, no borders or tariffs. HOWEVER, this is the big caveat; he stated before that he could support open borders only under the condition that America wasn't a welfare state. If it was (as you are), it is not sustainable nor beneficial.

Now, let's postulate that he would apply at least some of that philosophy to open trade, it only works if both nations are capitalist. If you have excessive government interference, as Canada and China have for example, it only serves to undermine the capitalist nation and is not a competition between the best, brightest and specialized talents, but is state vs free market. This is ripe for exploitation and the RCMP and their surrogates in Canada haven't skipped a beat. Tampering with HR, management, executives in corporations and dictating the direction of the government, the winners and losers is more closely aligned to former East Germany (a system the RCMP in the 1970's tried to emulate and it hasn't subsided) than the United States of America.

I have an MBA, a degree in finance, a degree in economics with a specialization in trade, have studied economic thought and economic history, a CFA, have spent my entire life and career in financial markets, and have been very successful for my employer making a boatload of money. I have also read both the Canada-US Free Trade Agreement and NAFTA in its entirety. I have studied GATT and the WTO. Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher are my political heroes.

And I think you are nuts.

Sorry.

I do.

When I grew up in Canada, the nationalistic Canadian press would say that the Americans were the unfair traders, whereas the Canadians were saints.

In America, the nationalistic American press says that the foreigners are unfair traders, whereas the Americans are saints.

See a pattern?
No I don't because the American press doesn't say that.

I have an MBA, a degree in finance, a degree in economics with a specialization in trade, have studied economic thought and economic history, a CFA, have spent my entire life and career in financial markets, and have been very successful for my employer making a boatload of money. I have also read both the Canada-US Free Trade Agreement and NAFTA in its entirety. I have studied GATT and the WTO. Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher are my political heroes.

And I think you are nuts.

Sorry.

I do.

I did the first phase of the CFA, I invested personally for decades based on Buffett value investment strategy, completed CSC (on two different occasions), IFC among others. I also read the "Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham more than once cover to cover to try and emulate Buffett. After 9/11 when everyone sold, I bought and doubled down when it went down more. Same with 2008 after the housing crash.

I taught myself tax laws in Canada, including the more universally accepted GATT (which Canada doesn't adhere to as it should, nor do we have the same loyalty to reporting transparency as the SEC enforces, but this is another story...one of the reasons I avoided the TSX in favor of the S&P, Dow and NYSE).

All the above stuff means f all to my life or current predicament. Furthermore it means beans compared to what is the reality in 2018 and without people objectively seeing what China and others are doing. In short, no better education than personal curiosity and exploration which you cannot find in a course or designation. So we can get into a pissing contest all we'd like, I am not as bright and accomplished as you, but I am willing to bet I have read more books and had a more broad life experience than you.

I have read NAFTA and each individual chapter but more importantly, reached out to those at the highest level who deal with NAFTA abuses, including the WTO, the USITC and tried to engage in the NAFTA dispute process but could not as it does not allow for individual challenges (I reached out to the U.S to insist they change this process). I have also had my complaint with UN, have a file number for it, and communicated with multiple countries within the UNHRC.

You think I am nuts, but I wonder how long you would have been able to face off with the abuses of the state before folding. I'm still standing and I will die on this hill with a smile on my face. Death before dishonor, I owe it to those who had the courage before me to fight against state abuses to never quit and to confront abusers, not shy away from them.

So yeah, maybe I am a little crazy, this isn't the crusade I wanted to take up, in fact, I did everything in my power to avoid this. However, at least my momma didn't raise no sissy. I've heard the "your'e nuts" mantra many times, thankfully those who need to know the facts listened and I'm sure made notes...

God Bless America! (from the crazy Canadian)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back