Sounds like a yes/no forum category

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
Have you ever considered, "maybe".

Something in the middle that works for all sides?

If so, I'm ur dude!

Just ask.

If so, I'm ur dude!

Just ask.
Maybe ( :) ) you're suggesting everyone take a seat on the fence?

• Banned
Heck yeah! While they hear logical people speak about historical truths, and not make-believe stories about Santa Claus!

It all comes around to be the same... but with a reason.

If so, I'm ur dude!

Just ask.

No.

But then, I rarely get involved in religious discussions.

(afraid of lightning and brimstone)

• Banned
I hate religious discussions. Because it always comes down to "maybe" and name-calling.

I don't know if there is a "God" or if there isn't. There could be something out there that can be called "god". I simply don't know. It actually doesn't matter.

Because there is an alternative, that allows everything. Including science and faith... (notice I didn't say religion)

You just have to open your mind, and step outside.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Zi may. :)

Have you considered that while the "gods" may exist, they are extra-terrestrial beings, and not supernatural ones?

I hate religious discussions. Because it always comes down to "maybe" and name-calling.

I don't know if there is a "God" or if there isn't. There could be something out there that can be called "god". I simply don't know. It actually doesn't matter.

Because there is an alternative, that allows everything. Including science and faith... (notice I didn't say religion)

You just have to open your mind, and step outside.
Whether there is or is not a God is not a matter of religion.

It is more a matter of philosophy.

You should study Aristotle on this.

Once you have settled in your mind as a philosopher whether there must be or cannot be a God, then you may choose your poison regarding Theism, or Atheism, or Agnosticism, or Disinterested.

Zi may. :)

Have you considered that while the "gods" may exist, they are extra-terrestrial beings, and not supernatural ones?
Once again, you should study Aristotle on this, before you plunge into science fiction.

Heck yeah! While they hear logical people speak about historical truths, and not make-believe stories about Santa Claus!

History is interpretive.

The earliest history that we have is Moses as told by Josephus Flavius.

In 2nd place is the Iliad by Homer.

Moses and Homer are semi fictitious. Some people think they are completely fictitious however that viewpoint ignores a whole lot of archaeology.

In 3rd is Herodotus at 450 BCE. He is then followed in regular succession by numerous historians and there has been an unbroken line ever since the Persian Wars with Athens and Sparta.

Just Santa Claus huh?

What about your Faerie Godmother? The Tooth Faerie? The Easter Bunny? The Boogieman?

I highly disagree yiostheoy.

From your first post, once you settle in your mind whether that there is or isn't a "god", there is no reason to combine yourself with another group of people. It is your own thinking and your own decision. And that "god" is personal to you. It is your personal "god", whatever it is. It is not the same "god" that other people think, no matter how closely they relate to you. So to group yourself with others on your personal view of your "god", is to follow a religion, and all the evil that follows that.

"god" is a personal awareness, and it is different realization for everyone. It is definitely not some supernatural omnipotent being that controls our lives, surroundings, past and destiny. It is our spiritual connection to things around us, and how we relate to them.

So... to your next post...

The earliest written history we have came from Sumer in about 4000 BC, and was about their extra-terrestrial lords, the Anunnaki. Stuff that the "Old Testament" flagrantly plagiarized 2000 years later, to create armies for the new religions that followed using the new "one true God".

I suggest you read Aristotle a little deeper, because I think you missed his point. He was spot-on...

I highly disagree yiostheoy.

From your first post, once you settle in your mind whether that there is or isn't a "god", there is no reason to combine yourself with another group of people...

In that case if you concluded that there was/is a God and you decided there was no need to proceed any further then you are a Deist judging from your own words.

Theism would then be useless to you. No need to find a specific organized religion.

I myself am Deist.

Ergo the God exists, the God created us, and the God has left us on our own.

No guardian angels, no prophets.

And if there is an evil genius as well, it is only a demigod and not a full God.

Why the God created the demigod is unknown other than the classic Zoroastrian view of the need for duality.

And the need for duality would presuppose a need for testing and proving.

And then testing and proving would provide a meaning for all the creations of God.

Q.E.D.

If so, I'm ur dude!

Just ask.
So why did you pretend to be a stupid sh!t about "maybe" ??

There either is or there is not.

And in many cases if not all, Philosophy can help us reason through that.

Philosophy makes us equal to the God/Gods at least in our intellect and also in our moral courage.

I have not concluded whether there is or isn't a god. While it definitely isn't Santa Claus, it could be something out there that has a hive mind, and is part of the universe, and we're all a part of it.... I don't call it "God" though. Just a possibility of a central intelligence.

Certainly nothing to worship, or classify as you like to do.

And your God, "Ergo", certainly exists in your mind, I am sure... :)

But why need to look for "gods", when we can use scientific explanations for most of what we attribute "god" for?

The only need for a "God", is to amass followers, and ergo armies.

I have not concluded whether there is or isn't a god. While it definitely isn't Santa Claus, it could be something out there that has a hive mind, and is part of the universe, and we're all a part of it.... I don't call it "God" though. Just a possibility of a central intelligence.

Certainly nothing to worship, or classify as you like to do.

And you God, Ergo, certainly exists in your mind, I am sure...

But why need to look for "gods", when we can use scientific explanations for most of what we attribute "god" for?
You cannot logically or sanely mix Empirical Science with either Organized Religion or with Philosophy.

Empirical Science is a trial and error data collection method which then infers from the data to a speculative common cause.

If Empirical Science is your foundation then you have made Science your Religion and have totally ignored Philosophy in the process. This would be shocking for someone who understands Aristotle.

If so, I'm ur dude!

Just ask.

Philosophy makes us equal to the God/Gods at least in our intellect and also in our moral courage.

You're absolutely wrong. There is no "either/or". That is your thinking, and the problem with most fanatics.

There are "maybes" in everything. It's not 1 or 0. There are countless possibilities in between.

Any my "maybe" in this discussion, is that your God was actually one or more Sumerian lords called "Anunnaki". It makes 100% scientific sense, based on religions. Maybe "God" as we know it in our institutionalized religions, was actually a reference to ET's that created us and spent a very long time with us, a very long time ago (pre-Bible).

If so, I'm ur dude!

Just ask.

You're absolutely wrong. There is no "either/or". That is your thinking, and the problem with most fanatics.

There are "maybes" in everything. It's not 1 or 0. There are countless possibilities in between.

Any my "maybe" in this discussion, is that your God was actually one or more Sumerian lords called "Anunnaki". It makes 100% scientific sense, based on religions. Maybe "God" as we know it in our institutionalized religions, was actually a reference to ET's that created us and spent a very long time with us, a very long time ago (pre-Bible).
There is only existence or nonexistence.

You may plead ignorance if you wish, and the evidence may indeed be overwhelming in your case.

But that does not change reality.

In reality there is only either existence or nonexistence.

The philosopher's job is to reason out which is likely.

The Empiricist's job is to search and look and collect data.

The Religionists job is to convey or invent a doctrine as an opiate for the masses.

Does dark matter exist then?

And what was the existence of the universe before the big bang?

And what about the sterile neutrino?

In reality, there is nothing but a bunch of maybe's. Quantum mechanics shows this repeatedly.

While I agree with your job descriptions, I don't know which one you are applying for...

Again, there is no such thing as a "certainty".

Those who believe in such a thing are a great cause of our suffering throughout history.

Quantum physics shows repeatedly that particles are based on uncertainty.

And those particles can form to combine humans and human thought, which are definitely the most uncertain things we know about...

Forum List

Back