South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

You did not answer the question.
Why do you want children to remain ignorant to the dangers of firearms?
I really don't care one way or the other....
You don't care that children remain ignorant to the dangers of firearms? Why?
Because a very small percentage of them will be affected by firearms.
And so... they should ALL remain ignorant?
If it saves the life of just one child, isn't it worth it?
Sure. If that's the case then, every child should be provided with free health insurance. If it saves the life of one child, isn't it worth it?

How exactly would this work? Would schools have to hire dozens of firearm instructors? Surely you don't want one instructor teaching a class of ~25 students. Kids do dumb things in large numbers.
Lol, so you think teaching gun safety would include every student needing a gun in hand? You are clueless aren't you?
Indeed.
There need not be ANY guns present to teach gun safety.
That's why I said he is clueless.

Sure. If that's the case then, every child should be provided with free health insurance. If it saves the life of one child, isn't it worth it?
Then you agree: Schools -should- teach gun safety.
:clap:
I'm just glad that we agree that any initiative that will save the life of just one child is worth it. Do it for the kids.

I'm just glad that we agree that any initiative that will save the life of just one child is worth it. Do it for the kids.
Somehow, I don't REALLY think you actually believe that gun safety should be taught in schools, you simply know you can't soudnly argue against the idea and don't want to have to admit it.

Somehow, I don't REALLY think you actually believe that gun safety should be taught in schools, you simply know you can't soudnly argue against the idea and don't want to have to admit it.
And I don't think you really believe that saving even one kid is that important. You're just obsessed with guns.

And I don't think you really believe that saving even one kid is that important. You're just obsessed with guns.
Why do you not want to admit that you cannot soundly argue against teaching gun safety in schools?

Why do you not want to admit that you cannot soundly argue against teaching gun safety in schools?
Because it seems like a huge waste of resources. Kids that are going to be around guns should be trained on them on their own time.

Because it seems like a huge waste of resources.
Teaching a potentially life-saving skill is a waste of resources?
Or, do you believe that gun accidents involving children is -that- rare?

Gun accidents involving children aren't rare enough but they are fairly rare. I'll repeat myself, if a kid is going to be around guns then the parents should make sure gun safety is taught to their kid. More kids drown per year than are killed accidentally by guns. Should swimming classes be mandatory?

Gun accidents involving children aren't rare enough but they are fairly rare. I'll repeat myself, if a kid is going to be around guns then the parents should make sure gun safety is taught to their kid.
And if your kid, who knows nothign about guns because you don't think he'll be around them, finds himself in proximity to a gun and does not know how to safely deal with it..... if he shoots himself because of his ignorance, do you place the blame on yourself?

Gun accidents involving children aren't rare enough but they are fairly rare. I'll repeat myself, if a kid is going to be around guns then the parents should make sure gun safety is taught to their kid.
And of your kid, who knows nothign about guns because you don't think he'll be around them, finds himself in proximity to a gun and does not know how to safely deal with it..... if he shoots himself because of his ignorance, do you place the blame on yourself?
No, I would place the blame on the person who let my kid have access to a gun, an irresponsible gun owner.

And of your kid, who knows nothign about guns because you don't think he'll be around them, finds himself in proximity to a gun and does not know how to safely deal with it..... if he shoots himself because of his ignorance, do you place the blame on yourself?
No, I would place the blame on the person who let my kid have access to a gun, an irresponsible gun owner.
Of course you would -- even though -you- allowed your child to die because you chose for him to remain ignorant, his death is someone else's fault.
And thus, the problem with NOT teaching basic gun safety in schools.

Of course you would -- even though -you- allowed your child to die because you chose for him to remain ignorant, his death is someone else's fault.

Ace, If I were you, I wouldn't even dignify this with an answer.

The problem is someone being irresponsible with their gun in that situation. Many states have CAP laws which supports my argument.

FYI - You really came off as a raging asshole in your last post.

Ace, If I were you, I wouldn't even dignify this with an answer.
That's because you know you don't have the capacity to effectively respond.

The problem is someone being irresponsible with their gun in that situation. Many states have CAP laws which supports my argument.
Whatever the situation regarding your child finding the gun, had you chose to remove your child's ignorance, he night very well still be alive. As you chose to allow your child to remain ignorance, you cannot soundly argue against your culpability in this matter.

Whatever the situation regarding your child finding the gun, had you chose to remove your child's ignorance, he night very well still be alive. As you chose to allow your child to remain ignorance, you cannot soundly argue against your culpability in this matter.
In my state, the gun owner ending up in prison and me winning a large lawsuit would invalidate your argument. Your obsession with guns has clouded your brain.

In my state, the gun owner ending up in prison and me winning a large lawsuit would invalidate your argument. Your obsession with guns has clouded your brain.
You're making a mistake - I'm not talking about -legal- culpability.
As you chose to allow your child to remain ignorance, you cannot soundly argue against your culpability in this matter

Forum List

Back