🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sponsors are dropping rush.

Don't have the proof yet but because of the national uproar, I believe Rush Limbaugh will soon announce his 'retirement' from his show and from talk-radio in general. Stay tuned folks.

Dreamer you silly little dreamer......:cuckoo:

you equate verbally attacking a private citizen, 30-something, female student by the multimillionaire, effective head of the GOP radio communications dept as "freedom of speech"? You run w/ that Steph :rolleyes:

you equate verbally attacking a private citizen, 30-something, female student by the multimillionaire, effective head of the GOP radio communications dept as "freedom of speech"? You run w/ that Steph :rolleyes:
it technically is protected as free speech, yet there are always consequence for anything you say in a public domain.
although this could be considered defamation, which free speech or not, she would be able to sue him for.

Is this country great, or what? :clap2: Rush is in panic mode.

More Limbaugh advertisers jump ship

Limbaugh attempting to stem fallout

Limbaugh apologizes yet again for his controversial comments as advertisers continue to flee.

More Limbaugh advertisers jump ship – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – Rush Limbaugh's apology for labeling a law student a "slut" and "prostitute" failed to stem an exodus of advertisers from his radio show, as another company said Monday it was withdrawing spots from the conservative program.

AOL Inc. became the eighth company to announce in a statement online they were removing ads from "The Rush Limbaugh Show," which is the most listened to talk radio show in the United States.

"At AOL one of our core values is that we act with integrity," the company wrote in a post on their corporate Facebook page. "We have monitored the unfolding events and have determined that Mr. Limbaugh's comments are not in line with our values. As a result we have made the decision to suspend advertising on The Rush Limbaugh Radio show."

Other sponsors dropping spots from Limbaugh's show include mattress companies like Sleep Number and The Sleep Train, and companies that assist small businesses like Citrix, LegalZoom and QuickenLoans.

One company, Carbonite, a data backup service, said feedback from customers led to the decision to remove advertising from Limbaugh's show. The company's CEO said Limbaugh's apology Saturday wasn't enough to put his company's ads back on the air.

"No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady," Carbonite CEO David Friend said. "Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse."

In his apology Saturday, Limbaugh admitted his "choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir."

He added, "I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

Appearing on the ABC program "The View" Monday, Fluke said Limbaugh's apology was issued under pressure from advertisers.

"I don't think that a statement like this, saying that his choice of words was not the best, changes anything," Fluke said. "And especially when that statement is issued when he's under significant pressure from his sponsors who have begun to pull their support from the show."

I am a FISCAL conservative female--and his comment insulted ME--along with 99% of other women who have used or are using contraceptives. I have listened to Rush on and off for the last 15 years--and this is it for me. I will not tolerate being insulted by him referring to me or any other woman as a SLUT for using birth control contraceptives.

He's toast with me--and YES you're right--finally consequences are to be paid. Unfortunately those consequences happen more on the right to those foul mouths on the left side of the isle.

No advertiser should tolerate this kind of trash talk coming from the left or the right.

oh please, let me find my violin..
I didn't like to be referred to as a Teabagger either, but that didn't stop any of the talking heads on PMSnbc and even our own Representatives from calling us that..I really didn't like to be told to go to hell by Maxi Waters, but I'll be damned if she didn't tell us that.

so wait here ya go...:eusa_boohoo:

I find it interesting that Limp Idiot was willing to double down on his comments..............

At least........until the sponsors started leaving, then it was an apology on his website yesterday, as well as another apology on his radio show today.

Proof that Limp Idiot isn't as secure as some would think.

I find it interesting how you libs can do no better than to hurl insults.
I suppose that you are unaware that Limbaugh puts liberals in the front of the caller line so they can be heard.

Oh...Suuuuuure he did. :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose that you are unaware that Limbaugh puts liberals in the front of the caller line so they can be heard.

Bullshit.........I listened to that asshole every day for 2 years straight while stationed with VFA-131 from 1990 until 1992, as he was a favorite program of my supervisor.

He's more interested in getting people that agree with him so that he can go even further to the right.

Ok..Whatever you say. Look, you libs insult anyone and everyone who dares to oppose your agenda. It is your way.
You cannot stand it that conservatives have a MUCH larger audience in talk radio and that Fox News is gets better ratings than the other networks.
If just kills you people to know that. So your response is anger. Why? Because somewhere along the line you were told be fellow libs that there are certain things that are the exclusive province of liberalism. Two of those is print and electronic media.
Those days are over. When it became apparent that libs no longer had full control of the news of the day, the democrat congress threw at us, the "Fairness Doctrine". A horrible piece of First Amendment violating garbage which had it's sole purpose of silencing any opposing viewpoint to the liberal establishment
That law has been wisely legislated out of existence. Now libs complain about radio stations that will not buy their programming. They want government to step in because liberals have cried NO FAIR!!. The issue is liberal talk is non-competitive in the marketplace.
Non competitive on a level playing field.
Liberalism still controls the main stream and still has ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC in it's hip pocket.
So go ahead and show your true colors and insult away. With every post, you slide farther into the depths of no credibility. Meanwhile that issue above continues to perforate your innards.

Actually, I'm quite proud that we have better taste.

I didn't like to be referred to as a Teabagger either, but that didn't stop any of the talking heads on PMSnbc and even our own Representatives from calling us that..I really didn't like to be told to go to hell by Maxi Waters, but I'll be damned if she didn't tell us that.

you're talking generalizations here. Not the same. oxyRush singled her out by name to his dittohead minions.

But didn't all the liberals come out to condemn her when she said that?

Well, that's kind of the TEA Party's own fault. THey were the ones who brought Teabags to rallies and even referred to themselves as "Teabaggers", not realizing the sexual connotation of the term.

But if the TEA party wants to be made, they should be mad at the GOP establishment that used them to retake congress, and then promptly ignored almost all of their concerns.

Well, that's kind of the TEA Party's own fault. THey were the ones who brought Teabags to rallies and even referred to themselves as "Teabaggers", not realizing the sexual connotation of the term.

But if the TEA party wants to be made, they should be mad at the GOP establishment that used them to retake congress, and then promptly ignored almost all of their concerns.

okey dokey..then Flukes brought being called a SLUT on herself. got it

It's now up to 11 sponsors. :)
I will boycott all sponsors that drop the Rush Limbaugh show.
What's good for the goose...
I urge all thinking people to boycott all sponsors which knee jerk in reaction to pressure from political correctness.
And next week you will be telling us that you don't care about Rush and never listen to him. :lol:

Poser.

Bullshit.........I listened to that asshole every day for 2 years straight while stationed with VFA-131 from 1990 until 1992, as he was a favorite program of my supervisor.

He's more interested in getting people that agree with him so that he can go even further to the right.

Let's face it; if you are a liberal and you have to lie to get on Limbaugh’s program, you are pretty much sunk. It is well known that liberals used to be shuffled to the front of the line whenever they called in. It's something that Limbaugh has pointed out many times. I believe that Limbaugh has moved away from this policy in recent years, though, because of how many times liberals have lied in order to get on the air.
Pundit Press: 02/06/2011
And just like on Hannity, what happens when a Liberal starts making good points on Rush? He shouts them down, turns down their mic, and deflects - then says he has to go to a commercial.

:lol:

Let's face it; if you are a liberal and you have to lie to get on Limbaugh’s program, you are pretty much sunk. It is well known that liberals used to be shuffled to the front of the line whenever they called in. It's something that Limbaugh has pointed out many times. I believe that Limbaugh has moved away from this policy in recent years, though, because of how many times liberals have lied in order to get on the air.
And just like on Hannity, what happens when a Liberal starts making good points on Rush? He shouts them down, turns down their mic, and deflects - then says he has to go to a commercial.

Just like you they don't make good points. We here deal with liberals the way rush does with facts.

Just like you they don't make good points. We here deal with liberals the way rush does with facts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just like you, Rush deflects, and won't answer the question that is asked of him.

Like you, he changes the subject.

Wow these sponsors are gonna show Rush the error of his way....

Yawn.....

I'd bet 99 out of 100 that are Bitching, don't even listen to Rush. Totalitarian Witch Hunt. They Cannot handle Rush in Open Debate, so Character Assassination is their only weapon. Only by pressuring Sponsors, intimidating them, do they have any power. I'd say that we should do that also, but that is not our style. We are above that.

I don't know if I've ever seen an honest post from you on this forum.

Weak tea: Politico reports right-wing boycott of MSNBC following tea party documentary, “not really working” | Media Matters for America

Right-wing group boycotts Google for opposing Prop. 8. | ThinkProgress

Wake up and LIVE: The Right-wing Boycott of Thin Mints

Right-Wing Group Wants to Boycott Toys"R"Us for Selling Gay "Archie" Comic | Complex

Right Wing Group Calls For Boycott Of Jewish-Owned Stores That Employ Arabs - FailedMessiah.com

PageOneQ | Daily Show ridicules right wing boycott of McDonald's over gay 'culture war'

Right-Wing Talk Radio Hosts Call for GM Boycott - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Where the fuck did Intense run off to?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Peter Gabriel has asked that this response be published when he found out that his track 'Sledgehammer' has been used on the Rush Limbaugh show:

'Peter was appalled to learn that his music was linked to Rush Limbaugh's extraordinary attack on Sandra Flute. It is obvious from anyone that knows Peter's work that he would never approve such a use. He has asked his representatives to make sure his music is withdrawn and especially from these unfair aggressive and ignorant comments. '

Strange how corporate/capitalistic right wingers keep ignoring copyright owners rights.

Had it been an actual corporation whose copyright was infringed by a left wing politician they would whine like a flat tire.

Forum List

Back