🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sponsors are dropping rush.

oh please, let me find my violin..
I didn't like to be referred to as a Teabagger either, but that didn't stop any of the talking heads on PMSnbc and even our own Representatives from calling us that..I really didn't like to be told to go to hell by Maxi Waters, but I'll be damned if she didn't tell us that.

so wait here ya go...:eusa_boohoo:

Well, that's kind of the TEA Party's own fault. THey were the ones who brought Teabags to rallies and even referred to themselves as "Teabaggers", not realizing the sexual connotation of the term.

But if the TEA party wants to be made, they should be mad at the GOP establishment that used them to retake congress, and then promptly ignored almost all of their concerns.

okey dokey..then Flukes brought being called a SLUT on herself. got it

wow..and here we are folks.

He's about as sincere as Tiger Woods was when he mea culpa'd to HIS sponsors after they dropped his sorry, psycho ass.

Mr. LimpBalls will simply move to Sirius XM if the kitchen gets too hot. He's a big coward behind a mic, sucking on a cigar and probably already on the outs with No. 4 wife. Maybe that's what put him into such a surly mood last week....

I am sure you will put your application in to be number 5 and be rejected.

You hypocrites are so funny.....don't like his words, but post like he broadcasts.

well of course folks, this is WAY more important for the media than reporting on the condition of our country under the Obama administration.

when Eddie Schultz called Ingram a slut we heard about FOR ONE DAY from the lamestream media..

but, no agenda going on folks..nothing to see

More of the stupid, stupid, stupid and ignorant as all getup false equivalency from the rabid and extreme fringes of the far Far Right.

Ed IMMEDIATELY apologized, a heartfelt and sincere one at that. Ed even called Laura PERSONALLY and apologized to her.

Further more, he took HIMSELF off the air, for a week, WITHOUT pay.

Which further showed his remorse for the remark.

What did Lush Rimbaugh do...?

Oh, well he DOUBLED AND TRIPLED down on the private citizen, female, and college student, PUNCHING DOWN on her insulting and demeaning her and women in general.

Total pig. Total bigamist. Totally rancid.

Absolutely NO comparison. Zero. Zilch. None.

You FAIL!!

Epic+dive.jpg

Why are you so dumb? Seriously.

Last edited:
you equate verbally attacking a private citizen, 30-something, female student by the multimillionaire, effective head of the GOP radio communications dept as "freedom of speech"? You run w/ that Steph :rolleyes:
it technically is protected as free speech, yet there are always consequence for anything you say in a public domain.
although this could be considered defamation, which free speech or not, she would be able to sue him for.

As long as Sarah Palin can sue that idiot Bill Mahr.

Is this country great, or what? :clap2: Rush is in panic mode.

More Limbaugh advertisers jump ship

Limbaugh attempting to stem fallout

Limbaugh apologizes yet again for his controversial comments as advertisers continue to flee.

More Limbaugh advertisers jump ship – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – Rush Limbaugh's apology for labeling a law student a "slut" and "prostitute" failed to stem an exodus of advertisers from his radio show, as another company said Monday it was withdrawing spots from the conservative program.

AOL Inc. became the eighth company to announce in a statement online they were removing ads from "The Rush Limbaugh Show," which is the most listened to talk radio show in the United States.

"At AOL one of our core values is that we act with integrity," the company wrote in a post on their corporate Facebook page. "We have monitored the unfolding events and have determined that Mr. Limbaugh's comments are not in line with our values. As a result we have made the decision to suspend advertising on The Rush Limbaugh Radio show."

Other sponsors dropping spots from Limbaugh's show include mattress companies like Sleep Number and The Sleep Train, and companies that assist small businesses like Citrix, LegalZoom and QuickenLoans.

One company, Carbonite, a data backup service, said feedback from customers led to the decision to remove advertising from Limbaugh's show. The company's CEO said Limbaugh's apology Saturday wasn't enough to put his company's ads back on the air.

"No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady," Carbonite CEO David Friend said. "Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse."

In his apology Saturday, Limbaugh admitted his "choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir."

He added, "I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

Appearing on the ABC program "The View" Monday, Fluke said Limbaugh's apology was issued under pressure from advertisers.

"I don't think that a statement like this, saying that his choice of words was not the best, changes anything," Fluke said. "And especially when that statement is issued when he's under significant pressure from his sponsors who have begun to pull their support from the show."
Excellent post my brother.

The reason why the sponsors have jumped ship is that they realize now, more than ever, how much of a crock Lush's ratings are:

Cenk Uygur: A Challenge to Rush: Prove Your Ratings

Well,

I am sure miss Fluke is no slut. She's got the personality of dried mud.

She isn't a lawyer either as her statement is poorly reasoned and takes no consideration for the context in which her remarks are being given.

What I find more funny is that the market is shaping the response to the issue more than anything. It's all about money and Rush appears to be taking it in the pocketbook. And now he is backpeddling.

It's a perfect example of how the market works.

And yet, the market is a fallacy when you liberal idiots need it to be. You whine and cry about how it needs help from the government.

In this case the government can't touch Rush and Obama's phone call only galvanized more support for him. Carbonite will lose customers for dropping him...but so what. It is all about the market place.

Carbonite would not have dropped him if it had been in their financial interest to not do so.

well of course folks, this is WAY more important for the media than reporting on the condition of our country under the Obama administration.

when Eddie Schultz called Ingram a slut we heard about FOR ONE DAY from the lamestream media..

More of the stupid, stupid, stupid and ignorant as all getup false equivalency.

Ed IMMEDIATELY apologized, a heartfelt and sincere one at that. Ed even called Laura PERSONALLY and apologized to her.

Oh, well he DOUBLED AND TRIPLED down on the private citizen, female, and college student, PUNCHING DOWN on her insulting and demeaning her and women in general.

No comparison.

Judging from her posts on here? yes.

You tell us...you are starting threads on this issue too.

you equate verbally attacking a private citizen, 30-something, female student by the multimillionaire, effective head of the GOP radio communications dept as "freedom of speech"? You run w/ that Steph :rolleyes:
it technically is protected as free speech, yet there are always consequence for anything you say in a public domain.
although this could be considered defamation, which free speech or not, she would be able to sue him for.

As long as Sarah Palin can sue that idiot Bill Mahr.

Who?

No comparison.

Here is to Ed Shultz having a stroke on air.

His apology was crap. Anyone who bought it was stupid (and liberal...of course the two....).

No comparison.

Here is to Ed Shultz having a stroke on air.

His apology was crap. Anyone who bought it was stupid (and liberal...of course the two....).

The President and Ed Shultz

You see dead liberals... don't you?

Rush sure didn't sound very panicked earlier.

BTW since when is AOL a sponsor? Ive never once heard them advertise on his program. Obvious I dont listen all the time, but I would expect that if they were a sponsor that they would have advertisements from time to time.

AOL owns a few companies, one is HuffPo, maybe they advertise something besides AOL. Funny thing, I looked up who they own, and the only companies there that I ever likes went downhill after AOL bought them. WinAmp used to be the best media player available, now most people have never heard of it.

All Brands - AOL Corp

Currently a public figure. How many TV shows has she been on since Rush called her a slut? If she had any real brains she would thank him.

Being that she is a public figure, she would have to prove malicious intent to win a defamation lawsuit.

I am a FISCAL conservative female--and his comment insulted ME--along with 99% of other women who have used or are using contraceptives. I have listened to Rush on and off for the last 15 years--and this is it for me. I will not tolerate being insulted by him referring to me or any other woman as a SLUT for using birth control contraceptives.

He's toast with me--and YES you're right--finally consequences are to be paid. Unfortunately those consequences happen more on the right to those foul mouths on the left side of the isle.

No advertiser should tolerate this kind of trash talk coming from the left or the right.

Really? He insulted every women who uses contraceptives? Are you fracking insane?

LMAO!
I call you on that!
lets see you derail PC's thread about a #### or not.

You did say any thread.

Any thread that I deem is bullshit. more specifically
Threads started by Synthaholic Rdean Chris and that type.

You can't even say what you mean?
Back peddle away :D
That's total bullshit I will re-post what I said, comprehending what I said is up to you.

What Rush says is irrelevant compared to the failed obama economy. So hell yes I will deflect your bullshit and derail any thread that is focused on bullshit while obama has a failed economy.

Any thread that I deem is bullshit. more specifically
Threads started by Synthaholic Rdean Chris and that type

You tell us...you are starting threads on this issue too.

one thread dear...

No comparison.

I believe it was Joe Koy on Chelsea Lately last night who thought Rush was dead. Chelsea said she didn't know he was still on the radio.

He really only preaches to the choir, who cares about him? Rs who are too timid to speak for themselves.

Forum List

Back