Stalking is legal? If you're in a union, sure!

[

Whatever you think of religions, the Quakers do not deserve to have their construction destroyed because they did not use union labor. They are certainly not part of the 1% you rail against.

What wage are they paying? Unless you know that, your argument is bogus.

YOu really haven't proven it was arson, much less the union was responsible.

So, no, as long as you want to play, "maybe, could be, should be", let's go there.

[

God has been disproven? Care to cite that?

My Mom had cancer and we all prayed for her to get better and she died.

No God.

Simple enough. But I guess that we've also proven that evolution is true, that there was no worldwide flood, that the Hebrews never resided in Egypt, and a whole lot of other stuff in the Bible never happened, so that works, too.

Now if we could only apply the consumer fraud laws to churches, that would be awesome.

[

So if a business fails, do you as a line worker take on the debt?? Are you willing to take the debt and the hard hit to your credit rating, not to mention the creditors coming after your assets, if a business fails?

NO, you see, what happens as a line worker, I lose my job, while the 1%ers get golden parachutes and government bailouts. The rich don't even go broke like the rest of us do.

[

So if a business fails, do you as a line worker take on the debt?? Are you willing to take the debt and the hard hit to your credit rating, not to mention the creditors coming after your assets, if a business fails?

NO, you see, what happens as a line worker, I lose my job, while the 1%ers get golden parachutes and government bailouts. The rich don't even go broke like the rest of us do.

So you want workers to share in the profits, but not to have to share in the risk?

Nice.

Post Bros. executive Sarina Rose had grown used to troubles at work literally following her home.

During the day, she dodged taunts from union protesters outside the 12th and Wood Streets work site in Philadelphia, where her company was building apartments last year.

After hours, tradesmen snapped photos of her children, 8 and 11, at their bus stop in Abington. They trailed her at weekend sporting events. One union leader loudly cursed at her in front of a packed restaurant and mimicked shooting her.

And under Pennsylvania law, none of it was a crime.

"When you walk in, as a vice president of a company, to a restaurant full of union workers," Municipal Judge Charles Hayden told Rose in court last November, "you're going to hear some things that you should have expected to hear."

Thanks to a little-known provision protecting parties in labor disputes from prosecution for stalking, harassment, and terroristic threats, Rose said, she was left powerless to stop the nearly constant baiting. The men who dogged her at all hours walked free.

Union exemption from harassment claims raises questions - Philly.com

Idiot liberals thinks she deserves it, takes special kind of tough guy to scare women and children...... :thup:
Debates of this nature are pointless and unproductive because we know nothing specific about the conflict between Sarina Rose and the union. While I am strongly pro-union I understand that some unions overstep their boundaries and that some union employees do not deserve to be protected.

So what is the issue in this conflict? If the union employees have a legitimate grievance, then I stand 100% behind them. But if the company is right I would not support the harassment of this woman.

The main point of this discussion, as far as I am concerned, is the exemption of unions from stalking and harassment laws. I see no reason for such an exemption.

[

No God.

Simple enough. But I guess that we've also proven that evolution is true, that there was no worldwide flood, that the Hebrews never resided in Egypt, and a whole lot of other stuff in the Bible never happened, so that works, too.

Now if we could only apply the consumer fraud laws to churches, that would be awesome.

Well, if only the rest of the world had known. We could have done away with all religions on the grounds of such profound evidence.

Your family prayed and she didn't get better? Who would have thought that possible? Yep, that is absolute proof that there is no God, no Goddess, and not even any higher life forms. :disbelief:

[

So you want workers to share in the profits, but not to have to share in the risk?

Nice.

They do the actual work. That's their risk.

[

No God.

Well, if only the rest of the world had known. We could have done away with all religions on the grounds of such profound evidence.

Your family prayed and she didn't get better? Who would have thought that possible? Yep, that is absolute proof that there is no God, no Goddess, and not even any higher life forms. :disbelief:

It was good enough for me. I'm not sure whatever evidence I would need.

But you see, that's the point, prayer doesn't work, because there's no one listening to them.

Nice.

No, there is no risk there. They are paid for that.

In fact, the worker seeks out the employer, and asks for the job, completes whatever pre-employment paperwork or medical stuff is required so that they can get the job. They know what the job pays when they are hired. But then you want to give them more?

The workers do the labor. That is worth something. But they sold their labor for a set amount.

No God.

It was good enough for me. I'm not sure whatever evidence I would need.

But you see, that's the point, prayer doesn't work, because there's no one listening to them.

Congrats on being sure. Of course, this actually proves nothing, but I'm glad you have a handle on it.

The religion thing is a sideline. The point was that the same guy who threatened the woman in the OP is going to be indicted for the destruction of the Quaker Meeting house.

That shows the type of man youa re defending. Or are the Quakers part of the 1% too?

Nice.

In fact, the worker seeks out the employer, and asks for the job, completes whatever pre-employment paperwork or medical stuff is required so that they can get the job. They know what the job pays when they are hired. But then you want to give them more?

The workers do the labor. That is worth something. But they sold their labor for a set amount.

Absolutely. And we need unions to make sure they aren't being cheated.

Frankly, if my last employer kept any of his promises, I'd have no complaints today.

[

Congrats on being sure. Of course, this actually proves nothing, but I'm glad you have a handle on it.

The religion thing is a sideline. The point was that the same guy who threatened the woman in the OP is going to be indicted for the destruction of the Quaker Meeting house.

That shows the type of man youa re defending. Or are the Quakers part of the 1% too?

You hire scabs, it's on your head.

Not sure why the Quakers hired scabs, but I'm sure it cost them more than if they hired honest union labor.

Nice.

Yeah....that writers cramp can be brutal. Worth at least a 100 bucks an hour.

[

Not sure why the Quakers hired scabs, but I'm sure it cost them more than if they hired honest union labor.

They hired legitimate employees to work for them. It's nice that you think people's freedoms are disposable and that the unions are saving anyone.

Absolutely. And we need unions to make sure they aren't being cheated.

Frankly, if my last employer kept any of his promises, I'd have no complaints today.

I've seen the union lie to as many people as I have seen employers lie to them. I've also seen plenty of employees make good money, have great benefits and get along with mgmt without the meddling of unions. If a union is involved the workers and the mgmt will never get along. The union will make sure of that.

[

Aren't scabs what they call the people who come in to replace the striking workers?

There was no strike at the Quaker site. Those are just non-union workers. Just regular guys trying to make a living. And your union thugs destroyed the worksite and cost those workers how many days of work?

Oh, and the Quakers are very active in social causes. So if they save a dollar per employee on wages, that money isn't going to some 1%. It is going to help people who need the help.

[

Aren't scabs what they call the people who come in to replace the striking workers?

There was no strike at the Quaker site. Those are just non-union workers. Just regular guys trying to make a living. And your union thugs destroyed the worksite and cost those workers how many days of work?

Oh, and the Quakers are very active in social causes. So if they save a dollar per employee on wages, that money isn't going to some 1%. It is going to help people who need the help.

I don't care it it's going to GOd himself.

THey hired a scab outfit.

They hired legitimate employees to work for them. It's nice that you think people's freedoms are disposable and that the unions are saving anyone.

Obviously, the union didn't think they were.

Oh, well.

No, the union didn't want them to hire non-union workers. That they do not join a union does not mean they are not legitimate, quality workers.

[

I don't care it it's going to GOd himself.

THey hired a scab outfit.

They hired who they wanted to hire or who they could afford to hire.

The union does not get to decide who someone hires. The union can only threaten people. And the threats are working less & less often. Perhaps the next story will be about a union thug being shot dead, and the shooter getting away with it as self defense.

Forum List

Back