Starbucks raising pay after federal corporate tax cuts

I'm thinking this law is really working well...

Starbucks is giving its U.S. workers pay raises and stock grants this year, citing recent changes to the tax law.

All employees will soon be able to earn paid sick time off, and the company’s parental leave benefits will include all non-birth parents. Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday that the changes affect about 150,000 full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees, most of whom work as baristas or shop managers.

Starbucks gives workers raises, stock grants due to tax law

it's amazing how tax policy works (Market) better than a min wage raise(government)

What?! Don't they know this will drive the liberals nuts (more nuts)...LOL.

:boohoo:

:cuckoo:
So Trump and the GOP and Starbucks borrowed more money to put on the US debt bill so Starbucks could give its employees some extra money out of OUR pockets.

So you really support the US going deeper into debt so companies like Starbucks can give their employees more pay and benefits painlessly,

instead of, maybe, giving them that raise out of the 2.8 BILLION in net income they made in 2017?

So Trump and the GOP and Starbucks borrowed more money to put on the US debt bill so Starbucks could give its employees some extra money out of OUR pockets.

So you really support the US going deeper into debt so companies like Starbucks can give their employees more pay and benefits painlessly,

instead of, maybe, giving them that raise out of the 2.8 BILLION in net income they made in 2017?

Who are we to criticize a leading liberal company for doing the right thing?

they can shove that bonus up their ass when the $1.5 trillion dollars gets added on the debt, then drink a $5 dollar cup of coffee to help them go take a shit and deal with it ..

I'm criticizing the budget busting tax cut.

btw, here's the net earnings of poor Starbucks, who apparently couldn't afford to treat their employees better without a handout from the government.

Starbucks: net income 2017 | Statistic

I'm criticizing the budget busting tax cut.

btw, here's the net earnings of poor Starbucks, who apparently couldn't afford to treat their employees better without a handout from the government.

Starbucks: net income 2017 | Statistic

Starbucks gross profit for period ending 10/17 was about $13.3B, net income was $2.8B, which is about a 20% profit margin, not bad for food and beverage but not great. If they were making/selling beer they would have a profit margin near 24% So…kudos to Starbucks, quit your whining.

Starbucks is giving its U.S. workers pay raises and stock grants this year, citing recent changes to the tax law.

All employees will soon be able to earn paid sick time off, and the company’s parental leave benefits will include all non-birth parents. Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday that the changes affect about 150,000 full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees, most of whom work as baristas or shop managers.

it's amazing how tax policy works (Market) better than a min wage raise(government)
It may work. It's certainly better than ending Nafta or tariffs, because the tax cut will not make products more expensive.

It may work. It's certainly better than ending Nafta or tariffs, because the tax cut will not make products more expensive.
True, as for tarrifs, I'm for them if it targets countries that don't reciprocate our liberal trade practices...and for those that do, no tariff.

The other added benefits are cool, but they're just now offering paid sick time off? What assholes. :lol:
it's run by lefties......they talk a good game, but when it comes down to it.....they seem pretty stingy. But atleast it's being done.

How does that benefit Starbucks customers?
it benefits their employees

so now it's supposed to benefit customers?
they could lower the price, but then you'd cry about the employees being screwed.......you really cant win with you people.
Customers will benefit from dealing with happier employees.....

Atleast we're seeing the conversation turn

lefties said the companies will keep all the money, now we know that's a lie
Now it's about the deficit
And in one year when revenues surpass pre tax cust levels, we'll hear another excuse.

I see no libs commented. Funny, isnt it how they all view this as bad news.

When is my internet supposed to start breaking?

What year is Florida supposed to be gone due to rising oceans again?

"starbucks" --LOL -Lib central

has to really hurt our libtard friends on this board

to see such a thing

--LOL
Of course you take it straight to the gutter. Why do you think liberals like paying taxes? I sure as hell don’t and im called a libtard on a daily basis

they can shove that bonus up their ass when the $1.5 trillion dollars gets added on the debt, then drink a $5 dollar cup of coffee to help them go take a shit and deal with it ..

You bitchin because of $1.5 trillion over 10 years being added to the deficit?

Yet not one leftist said crap about the added spending of Obamacare and the trillions it has added.

You left nuts entertaining, not sane but entertaining.

Forum List

Back