Starting to lean left

They need feedback.

They need someone to help them find their own best leverage points, like an 18-year old kid with a thunderbolt for an arm needs a pitching coach to help them find the strike zone....And they need it coming from someone who knows how to elicit their highest values, to find ways to get them working in their favor to attain their consciously desired outcomes....And they need someone who can recognize outmoded values that may be tripping them up along the way.

And if all that were so easy, there'd be no need for NLP or Reiki practitioners or hypnotists.

They need someone who has quit...who knows the struggles and knows the stages of what is upcoming: having done them themselves. They need a successful mentor. Addicts need former addicts to lead the way and to lean on.

And if they cannot afford it; they need a group that will help and support them for free.

If Reiki and hypnosis were all that then medical professionals would refer addicts to hypnosis ratherr than rehab.

But that would be malpractice
You aiin't all that. Not even a bag o' chips.

Regards from Rosie
What's a "former addict"?

And, do you know the real reason why addicts help other addicts in recovery?

ME, ME, ME is definetly the lefty call sign.

Sorry there TN but you just wouldn't fit in. LOL

List threads where leftists ate demanding things for themselves as individuals rather than things such as rights for oppressed groups.

It is the right crying buckets over individual rich taxpayerrs paying more. ME! ME! Trump rightwiing bitchy rather than left leaning Warren Buffett asking to pay more.

If such USMB threads can't be linked...you lie. Simple as that.

Regards from Rosie
I've see these around, Rosie, about leftists demanding things for themselves:HE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw]Your Higher Taxes pay for My healthcare thanks President Obama Healthcare Reform - GloZell - YouTube[/ame]

Hey. Becki,

What in these videos assures you that these are leftists? Voting for Obama did not turn many Independents into leftists. Even being black doesn't guarantee leftist.politics. You see?

I heard an interview with a gay Republican who said he didn't care if conservatives hated gays...he was Republican to become filthy rich.

Call himself what he may he was no political conservative.

Regards from Rosie

List threads where leftists ate demanding things for themselves as individuals rather than things such as rights for oppressed groups.

It is the right crying buckets over individual rich taxpayerrs paying more. ME! ME! Trump rightwiing bitchy rather than left leaning Warren Buffett asking to pay more.

Regards from Rosie
I've see these around, Rosie, about leftists demanding things for themselves:HE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw]Your Higher Taxes pay for My healthcare thanks President Obama Healthcare Reform - GloZell - YouTube[/ame]

Hey. Becki,

What in these videos assures you that these are leftists? Voting for Obama did not turn many Independents into leftists. Even being black doesn't guarantee leftist.politics. You see?

I heard an interview with a gay Republican who said he didn't care if conservatives bated gays...he was Republican to become filthy rich.

Call himself what he may he was no political conservative.

Regards from Rosie
Well, let's see....what could it be that assures me they are lefties....

The fucking content indicates they are stateists, moron.

They need feedback.

They need someone to help them find their own best leverage points, like an 18-year old kid with a thunderbolt for an arm needs a pitching coach to help them find the strike zone....And they need it coming from someone who knows how to elicit their highest values, to find ways to get them working in their favor to attain their consciously desired outcomes....And they need someone who can recognize outmoded values that may be tripping them up along the way.

And if all that were so easy, there'd be no need for NLP or Reiki practitioners or hypnotists.

They need someone who has quit...who knows the struggles and knows the stages of what is upcoming: having done them themselves. They need a successful mentor. Addicts need former addicts to lead the way and to lean on.

And if they cannot afford it; they need a group that will help and support them for free.

If Reiki and hypnosis were all that then medical professionals would refer addicts to hypnosis ratherr than rehab.

Regards from Rosie

Someone who has successfully given up abusing a substance.

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie

They need feedback.

Regards from Rosie
Oh, yeah?...I quit, too...Smoking & dipping at the same time.

The only way I did it was by finding things I valued more than the nicotine buzz.

And just because the word "value" is being used here, it doesn't mean that those who help others to overcome their challenges for "free" don't get something out of it...If they didn't they wouldn't be doing what they do....That's how values work.

Oh, and rehab is a vastly overrated way by which "medical professionals" make insane amounts in referral fees.....And it fails no less than 1/2 of the time....Speaking of malpractice.

Regards from Rosie

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie
Nope and nope.

There is no such animal as a former drunk or a former drug addict, thus the reason someone introduces themselves in this manner: "Hello, my name is Whatevs and I am an addict/alcoholic." Even morons who watch Lifetime Movies for women knows that.

And, they help each other because that is one of the things that keeps them clean and/or sober - they help because it helps themselves - hierarchy of values.

Do even some remedial investigation of recovery and you could have known that. But, your MO here is to type some fabulously moronic shit. Keep up the good work...I love mocking. :thup:

Last edited:

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie
Nope and nope.

There is no such animal as a former drunk or a former drug addict, thus the reason someone introduces themselves in this manner: "Hello, my name is Whatevs and I am an addict/alcoholic." Even morons who watch Lifetime Movies for women knows that.

And, they help each other because that is one of the things that keeps them clean and/or sober.

Do even some remedial investigation of recovery and you could have known that. But, your MO here is to type some fabulously moronic shit. Keep up the good work...I love mocking. :thup:
The brand of hypnotism I've been trained in (Elman/Kein technique) doesn't even go that route.

Drinking/smoking/eating too much is a behavior that you did ( behavior, past tense), not who you are (identity, present/future tense).

Big difference, powerful leverage points, with self-determined people.

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie
Nope and nope.

And, they help each other because that is one of the things that keeps them clean and/or sober.

The brand of hypnotism I've been trained in (Elman/Kein technique) doesn't even go that route.

Drinking/smoking/eating too much is a behavior that you did ( behavior, past tense), not who you are (identity, present/future tense).

I had a family member in recovery. The 12 step process does not ignore the responsibility of the person who bent their own elbow. Not in the least.

But any drunk or addict should definitely do what works for them. :thup:

They need feedback.

Regards from Rosie

The only way I did it was by finding things I valued more than the nicotine buzz.

And just because the word "value" is being used here, it doesn't mean that those who help others to overcome their challenges for "free" don't get something out of it...If they didn't they wouldn't be doing what they do....That's how values work.

Oh, and rehab is a vastly overrated way by which "medical professionals" make insane amounts in referral fees.....And it fails no less than 2/3 of the time....Speaking of malpractice.

It is much harder to reach out and help another than to merely tend your own quit. You have to jealously guard your own sobriety when helping another achieve tbeir's. Not botheriing means less relapse risk.

But you do it because others did for you and the person trying to quit deserves the help.
Just like you deserved the help given.

That is what paying it forward is. No funds need to be exchanged; training is not necessary.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Oh, and rehab is a vastly overrated way by which "medical professionals" make insane amounts in referral fees.....And it fails no less than 2/3 of the time....Speaking of malpractice.

It is much harder to reach out and help another than to merely tend your own quit. You have to jealously guard your own sobriety when helping another achieve tbeir's. Not botheriing means less relapse risk.

But you do it because others did for you and the person trying to quit deserves the help.

That is what paying it forward is. No funds need to be exchanged; training is not necessary.

Regards from Rosie
To the bolded: What a moron you are.

Nope and nope.

I had a family member in recovery. The 12 step process does not ignore the responsibility of the person who bent their own elbow. Not in the least.

But any drunk or addict should definitely do what works for them. :thup:
Absolutely.

But step programs still lean on the "I am a(n) X" statement far too heavily, leaving the client with an identity statement/belief, when it's the behavior that is problematic.

The statement "I am a(n) alcoholic/foodoholic/smokeoholic/sexoholic" is an abdication of power to the inanimate object.

Something to consider.

I'm glad we could wade through the swill of this forum to have this conversation. :thup:

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie
Nope and nope.

And, they help each other because that is one of the things that keeps them clean and/or sober - they help because it helps themselves - hierarchy of values.

Perhaps that is the motivation of self-centered navel lint pickking conservatives such as yourself....but some pay it forward altruistically....for the other, not self. It is these kinds of sponsors who are sought out and quite successful: if is NOT about ME but YOU.

Your mocking reveals just how shallow you are. I can't be the first to tell you that. You really ARE a waste of photons.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie
You don't get to speak for anyone else's motivations but your own.

Get over yourself.

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie
Nope and nope.

Perhaps that is the motivation of self-centered navel lint pickking conservatives such as yourself....but some pay it forward altruistically....for the other, not self. It is these kinds of sponsors who are sought out and quite successful: if is NOT about ME but YOU.

Your mocking reveals just how shallow you are. I can't be the first to tell you that. You really ARE a waste of photons.

Regards from Rosie

What's shallow is the projecting of your foibles and neuroses upon others.

The notion of "paying forward" just goes to show that people are acting on their higher values.

Best quit while you're behind, rook.

Regards from Rosie
You don't get to speak for anyone else's motivations but your own.

Get over yourself.

Your statement that there is no altruism is stoopid and self-serving. One doe not to BE the falsehood to try to justify the falsehood.

To quote another member: "You can't make shit like ( your posts) this up!"

You get low IQ. chicks with your crapola?

Regards from Rosie

My statement that there is no altruism aligns perfectly with the self-serving nature of the values hierarchies of individual people.

People act, or don't act, based upon their highest values, which belong to nobody but the individual exhibiting the action or inaction...The self.

Sorry you wasted all that time and money on edumacation and didn't learn this foundational truth of human nature. :lol:

To pay it forward.

Regards from Rosie
Nope and nope.

Regards from Rosie
Moron.

Helping others in recovery is one of the basics of the 12 step process....to stay fucking clean and/or sober.

What a dolt you are. :lol:

Here, this is from the People's Republic of Berkeley, so it should be an acceptable source: Staying Sober Through Service: A researcher finds that helping others might be the secret weapon in the fight against addiction.

I don't need many degrees, like you claim to have but cannot demonstrate in the least, to understand how values hierarchies work.

They're foundational in the fields of NLP, neuro-semantics and hypnosis....Areas in which I'm highly trained.

Peoples values, each and every one of them (your values too), begin and end in with what's in it for them....Period.

Altruism is a myth.

How nice. You are trained (not educated but trained) to help people quit smoking. And you don't do it for free.

But I quit without help nine years ago, so your being trained is worse tthan useless.

If anyone needs a quit buddy I will give support. For free. Because being quit is a wonderful thing and everyone deserves help. Even those without money.

That is altruism.

Regards from Rosie

humping your own leg there Aunt Rosie?

what a self-righteous boob you are

ME, ME, ME is definetly the lefty call sign.

Sorry there TN but you just wouldn't fit in. LOL

Regards from Rosie

Fuck off Rosie.

It sure isn't the right pushing for more entitlements. The ACA was done solely by the Dems. Anyone who thinks its going to be cheaper and better is living in la, la, land.

As for crying buckets about the rich I just realize that taxing them is more of a feel good moment for the left. Raising taxes in this economy is just plain stupid. If you weren't such a lefty loon you'd realize that. Oh well. Assholes on the left.

If Warren Buffet wants to pay more theres nothing stopping him from stroking a check. The Govt will take all he wants to give.

Regards from Claudette.

Forum List

Back