State Nullification on Gay Marriage!

One side wants to punish the other by using said word.

So I'm 'punishing' you asking you to back any of the silly strawmen you're swinging at with actual quotes?

You poor soul.

So get the government out of the business of "Marriage".

Or simply extend gay marriages legal recognition. And solve the whole problem more justly and simply. Which is what's happening now.

"Marriage" is not a "right",

So you say. The USSC says otherwise. In any contest on legal definitions, they win.

just like you can not post anyone that is gay that has been arrested for being in an "illegal" "Marriage".

Probably because you're quoting that voice in your head and not me. I've never said any such thing.

I've said that you can violate rights by not applying the law equally. And without a very good reason and compelling interest of the State, denying gays and lesbians legal recognition of their marriages is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. And there is no such reason or compelling state interest.

Feel free to quote me.

Yes you did. But hey feel free to keep denying it, all it does is keep proving you are far left drone armed with programmed propaganda!

Get the government out of the business of "Marriage".

Oh that is right the far left believes that gay s can NOT marry unless the state tells them they can.

Yes you did

Then why can't you possibly quote me saying as much? Because (say it with me).....you're quoting that voice in your head. Not me.

Now would you like an actual quote from me?

Marriage is a legally recognized and legally protected right. And if you're going to deny gays and lesbians that right, you're going to need a very good reason. Alas, no such reason exists.

Which is probably why gay marriage opponents keep failing in court.

Nah, just extend legal recognition to gay marriages and the problem solves itself. Its simple, elegant, and just.

And of course, the findings of about 2 dozen court rulings on the topic. With the USSC preserving every lower court ruling overturning gay marriage. And refusing appeal after appeal, making gay marriage legal in 30 of 50 states.

Oh that is right the far left believes that gay s can NOT marry unless the state tells them they can.

Gays want legal recognition for their marriages. And there's no valid reason to deny it. Thus, the near perfect record of failure in court by those committed to doing exactly that.

Yes you did

Then why can't you possibly quote me saying as much? Because (say it with me).....you're quoting that voice in your head. Not me.

Now would you like an actual quote from me?

Marriage is a legally recognized and legally protected right. And if you're going to deny gays and lesbians that right, you're going to need a very good reason. Alas, no such reason exists.

Which is probably why gay marriage opponents keep failing in court.

Nah, just extend legal recognition to gay marriages and the problem solves itself. Its simple, elegant, and just.

And of course, the findings of about 2 dozen court rulings on the topic. With the USSC preserving every lower court ruling overturning gay marriage. And refusing appeal after appeal, making gay marriage legal in 30 of 50 states.

Gays want legal recognition for their marriages. And there's no valid reason to deny it. Thus, the near perfect record of failure in court by those committed to doing exactly that.

Once again the far left shows they want the government to control every aspect of people lives.

So now the far left drone back pedals from "illegal" to "recognition". However I guess in the far left mind they are one and the same.

No the USSC not wanting to hear anything (as there are many more down line) does not mean it was a ruling in favor of, only a far left drone would be such things.

And you see how long that took to get this far left drone to this point.

Once again the far left shows they want the government to control every aspect of people lives.

How is legally recognizing gay marriage 'the government controlling every aspect of people's lives'?

No the USSC not wanting to hear anything (as there are many more down line) does not mean it was a ruling in favor of, only a far left drone would be such things.

Are you still denying that the USSC refused cert on 5 different state appeals of their gay marriage bans being overruled?

The Supreme Court on Monday turned away appeals from five states looking to prohibit gay marriage, effectively legalizing same-sex marriage in those states and likely others -- but also leaving the issue unresolved nationally.

The justices rejected appeals from Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. The court's order immediately ends delays on gay marriage in those states.

Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage in several states leaves issue unresolved nationally Fox News

When even Fox News is too 'far left' for you, your perspective may be a tad skewed.

The USSC has preserved every lower court ruling overturning a gay marriage ban. The SCOTUS has overturned provisions of DOMA failing to recognize gay marriages. And they've made gay marriage legal in 30 of 50 States by denying all appeals from the 4th, 7th and 10th circuit courts.

Denying it won't actually change it, you know.

How is legally recognizing gay marriage 'the government controlling every aspect of people's lives'?

Are you still denying that the USSC refused cert on 5 different state appeals of their gay marriage bans being overruled?

The Supreme Court on Monday turned away appeals from five states looking to prohibit gay marriage, effectively legalizing same-sex marriage in those states and likely others -- but also leaving the issue unresolved nationally.

The justices rejected appeals from Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. The court's order immediately ends delays on gay marriage in those states.

Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage in several states leaves issue unresolved nationally Fox News

When even Fox News is too 'far left' for you, your perspective may be a tad skewed.

The USSC has preserved every lower court ruling overturning a gay marriage ban. The SCOTUS has overturned provisions of DOMA failing to recognize gay marriages. And they've made gay marriage legal in 30 of 50 States by denying all appeals from the 4th, 7th and 10th circuit courts.

Denying it won't actually change it, you know.

Wow the irony of those comments.

And once again no proof to the claims just that they see a non-opinion as a ruling!

Although I love how the far left will immediately go to a FOX NEWS link and try and prove it is not just the far left even though FOX has far lefties working for them. All it proves is that FOX is more balanced that MSNBC, NBC< ABC, CBS, etc.

The far left and their hypocrisy. Wanting to keep women in non-hospital standards now making up rulings that never happened.

Time to get the government out of the business of "Marriage". Let the married people decide for themselves who they want to give their money to. Why is the far left against people have a real choice?

And once again no proof to the claims just that they see a non-opinion as a ruling!

So you're still committed to ignoring anyone....even FOX News when they tell you of the USSC refusing the appeals of 5 states whose gay marriage bans had been overturned?

Given that you dismissed Gallup as 'far left', I can hardly be surprised.

So you're still committed to ignoring anyone....even FOX News when they tell you of the USSC refusing the appeals of 5 states whose gay marriage bans had been overturned?

Given that you dismissed Gallup as 'far left', I can hardly be surprised.

Yes the far left is still trying to push that ZERO rulings from the USSC is actually a ruling.

That is like saying that you back the failure Obama because it is the winning strategy.

Just get the government out of "Marriage" and the problem will be solved, let the people decide what they want to do with their money.

Yes the far left is still trying to push that ZERO rulings from the USSC is actually a ruling.

You're still denying that the USSC rejected not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE different appeals from states that had same sex bans overturned? That the USSC has preserved every lower court ruling overturning gay marriage bans? That the USSC ruled that provisions of DOMA prohibiting the recognition of same sex marriages was unconstitutional?

Really?

Surely you realize that the your denial doesn't actually change a single ruling. Nor does it alter the fact that gay marriage is now legal in 30 of 50 states.

You're still denying that the USSC rejected not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE different appeals from states that had same sex bans overturned? That the USSC has preserved every lower court ruling overturning gay marriage bans? That the USSC ruled that provisions of DOMA prohibiting the recognition of same sex marriages was unconstitutional?

Really?

Surely you realize that the your denial doesn't actually change a single ruling. Nor does it alter the fact that gay marriage is now legal in 30 of 50 states.

No you are trying to claim it is a ruling, therefore showing how far left you truly are.

The USSC did not want to give an opinion on the subject, that does not mean they ruled in favor of, well except to the far left.

There are mare cases on the subject coming up next year that look as they need a ruling not an opinion. But then again the far left does not know the difference.

No you are trying to claim it is a ruling, therefore showing how far left you truly are.

I'm claiming, quite simply, that the USSC has preserved every lower court ruling that has overturned a gay marriage ban.

Every single one.

I'm claiming, quite simply, that the USSC rejected cert on 5 different state appeals of their bans being overturned. All on the same day. And that the courts rejection of the appeals made gay marriage legal in every state in the 4th, 7th, and 10th circuit districts.

I'm claiming, quite simply, that the USSC has ruled that provisions of DOMA failing to recognize gay marriage were unconstitutional.

Can you refute any of those points? Can you even disagree?

I'm claiming, quite simply, that the USSC has preserved every lower court ruling that has overturned a gay marriage ban.

Every single one.

I'm claiming, quite simply, that the USSC rejected cert on 5 different state appeals of their bans being overturned. All on the same day. And that the courts rejection of the appeals made gay marriage legal in every state in the 4th, 7th, and 10th circuit districts.

I'm claiming, quite simply, that the USSC has ruled that provisions of DOMA failing to recognize gay marriage were unconstitutional.

Can you refute any of those points? Can you even disagree?

More proof that the far left relies on propaganda as they think that when the USSC pushes out a case and gives no opinion that it is suddenly a ruling. Even though there are more case to come.

The far left acts like the USSC has never done that before, they claiming victory even though more cases are coming that will require a ruling.

But what does one expect form the far left.

Get the government out of the "Marriage" business.

More proof that the far left relies on propaganda as they think that when the USSC pushes out a case and gives no opinion that it is suddenly a ruling. Even though there are more case to come.

So you can't refute or even disagree with any of the following points:

Every single one.

Ignore as you will. But the world doesn't disappear just because you close your eyes. And gay marriage is still legal in 30 of 50 states.

So you can't refute or even disagree with any of the following points:

Every single one.

Ignore as you will. But the world doesn't disappear just because you close your eyes. And gay marriage is still legal in 30 of 50 states.

Once again the far left shows that they see something that was not even a USSC opinion as a ruling.

Also you have yet to provide a link to all those who are gay in the US that have been arrested for being in an "illegal" "marriage".

Once again the far left shows that they see something that was not even a USSC opinion as a ruling.

When you can disagree with any of the following.....

Every single one.

.....talk to me. Until then, my points remain pristinely unrefuted and uncontested. No matter how much you try and deny reality.

When you can disagree with any of the following.....

Every single one.

.....talk to me. Until then, my points remain pristinely unrefuted and uncontested. No matter how much you try and deny reality.

YES! YES! We know that the far left is celebrating a non-opinion and non-ruling as a ruling.

And still can not post anything showing that if the government got out of the "Marriage" business how that would "Invalidate" all "Marriages".

YES! YES! We know that the far left is celebrating a non-opinion and non-ruling as a ruling.

Laughing....the royal 'we' AND another denial that the USSC rejected not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE different appeals from states that had same sex bans overturned. Which you bizarrely insist never happened:

And exactly as predicted, you ignored Fox News too. Just like you did Gallup, Polling Report. com, Pew, CBS......all from your own sources. Do you at least acknowledge that the USSC has preserved every lower court ruling overturning gay marriage bans? That the USSC ruled that provisions of DOMA prohibiting the recognition of same sex marriages was unconstitutional?

If no, wow. Just....wow.

Laughing....the royal 'we' AND another denial that the USSC rejected not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE different appeals from states that had same sex bans overturned. Which you bizarrely insist never happened:

And exactly as predicted, you ignored Fox News too. Just like you did Gallup, Polling Report. com, Pew, CBS......all from your own sources. Do you at least acknowledge that the USSC has preserved every lower court ruling overturning gay marriage bans? That the USSC ruled that provisions of DOMA prohibiting the recognition of same sex marriages was unconstitutional?

If no, wow. Just....wow.

BAM! The FOX NEWS argument comes into play again, as they do not understand more balanced than far left blog sites.

Yes the far left is celebrating a non-opinion and non-ruling as a ruling.

Just keep posting as you prove it is about revenge and not "equality".

BAM! The FOX NEWS argument comes into play again, as they do not understand more balanced than far left blog sites.

Laughing.....so you're ignoring Fox News too? Just like you did Gallup, Pew, Bloomberg, and any poll from Polling Report.com. Despite it being your own source.

History doesn't change just because you ignore it. ANd the USSC denying the appeal of 5 different states whose gay marriage bans had been overturned doens't magically disappear just because its inconvenient to your argument:

And again from Reuters:

On the first day of its new term, the high court without comment rejected appeals in cases involving five states - Virginia, Oklahoma, Utah, Wisconsin and Indiana - that had prohibited gay marriage, leaving intact lower-court rulings striking down those bans.

As a result, the number of states permitting gay marriage would jump from 19 to 24, likely soon to be followed by six more states that are bound by the regional federal appeals court rulings that had struck down other bans. That would leave another 20 states that prohibit same-sex marriage.

Supreme Court dodges gay marriage allowing weddings in five more states Reuters

And again from AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court turned away appeals Monday from five states seeking to prohibit same-sex marriages, paving the way for an immediate expansion of gay and lesbian unions.

The justices on Monday did not comment in rejecting appeals from Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. No other state cases were currently pending with the high court, but the justices stopped short of resolving for now the question of same-sex marriage nationwide.

The court's order immediately ends delays on marriage in those states. Couples in six other states — Colorado, Kansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming — should be able to get married in short order. Those states would be bound by the same appellate rulings that were put on hold pending the Supreme Court's review.

That would make same-sex marriage legal in 30 states and the District of Columbia.

But you still insist that none of it ever happened, huh?

So, um....how's that working out for you?

Laughing.....so you're ignoring Fox News too? Just like you did Gallup, Pew, Bloomberg, and any poll from Polling Report.com. Despite it being your own source.

History doesn't change just because you ignore it. ANd the USSC denying the appeal of 5 different states whose gay marriage bans had been overturned doens't magically disappear just because its inconvenient to your argument:

And again from Reuters:

On the first day of its new term, the high court without comment rejected appeals in cases involving five states - Virginia, Oklahoma, Utah, Wisconsin and Indiana - that had prohibited gay marriage, leaving intact lower-court rulings striking down those bans.

As a result, the number of states permitting gay marriage would jump from 19 to 24, likely soon to be followed by six more states that are bound by the regional federal appeals court rulings that had struck down other bans. That would leave another 20 states that prohibit same-sex marriage.

Supreme Court dodges gay marriage allowing weddings in five more states Reuters

And again from AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court turned away appeals Monday from five states seeking to prohibit same-sex marriages, paving the way for an immediate expansion of gay and lesbian unions.

The justices on Monday did not comment in rejecting appeals from Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. No other state cases were currently pending with the high court, but the justices stopped short of resolving for now the question of same-sex marriage nationwide.

The court's order immediately ends delays on marriage in those states. Couples in six other states — Colorado, Kansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming — should be able to get married in short order. Those states would be bound by the same appellate rulings that were put on hold pending the Supreme Court's review.

That would make same-sex marriage legal in 30 states and the District of Columbia.

But you still insist that none of it ever happened, huh?

So, um....how's that working out for you?

And the far left reached in to show that the far left believes a non-opinion and non-ruling is a ruling!

And the far left reached in to show that the far left believes a non-opinion and non-ruling is a ruling!

You say that the USSC didn't reject the appeal of 5 different states and preserve the lower court rulings overturning gay marriage bans. Alas, history doesn't change just because you deny reality:

Get used to the idea. It happened. Gay marriage is valid in 30 of 50 states. And you pretending otherwise doesn't change a thing.

Forum List

Back