State of the Climate in 2013

Because when I have you simply lie through your teeth and claim you never saw it., that's why.
Yes I'm lying....Be a doll and show everyone this experiment that shows how a 120ppm increase in CO2 raises temperature by 2-8 degrees and drops ocean pH.

That will embarrass me completely

What should embarass you is having asked for such a ridiculous "experiment". It has gotta be among the most moronic thing posted. You clearly have not the slightest clue when it comes to how experimentation and science work.

That is, by far, the stupidest fucking thing I've read all weak. Why do you bother to type?

Really? You really think that makes any sense?

Last edited:
Glacial ice is increasing in many parts of the world. Cherry picking once again I see.

Link, asshole, link.

Here is one that says otherwise;

Eyes on Columbia Glacier?s retreat | Frontier Scientists

Columbia Glacier is not the only glacier on the move. According to the World Glacier Monitoring Service, many of the world’s glaciers will disappear by the end of the century. Of the 2,000 glaciers observed in Alaska, 99% are retreating. Glaciers die when the snow they accumulate is less than the water they lose due to melting which occurs during warmer months. Glacier mass balance is a measure of the net gain or loss of snow/ice over the course of each year, and the long-term balance of glaciers measured around the world shows that glaciers are losing mass.

Glacial ice is increasing in many parts of the world. Cherry picking once again I see.

Here's volume of glaciers in NA, Russia, and Eurasia.

"Note in the figure below (left) that the loss of glacier volume over the past twenty-five years has occurred primarily in North America (open circles), followed by Russia (squares). Eurasia (closed circles) actually has an increase in glacier area, as increased precipitation may have offset the influence of warming in this region."

ice-glaciers-volume.jpg

"Accumulated annual volume changes of ice caps and glaciers in the American Arctic (red), the Russian Arctic (green), the Eurasian Arctic (blue), and the entire Arctic (purple). [M. Dyurgerov, INSTARR, University of Colorado]*"

Yeah, saying, ""Glacial ice is increasing in many parts of the world." is a good example of cherry picking.

It's not so important what happens in one part of the globe. After all, it isn't called "partial global warming" or "Southern hemisphere climate change", it is global warming and global climate change.

Overall contribution to sea level rise is

ice-glaciers-contrib-sea-level.jpg

Last edited:
Your inability to understand the implications of other gases is really interesting. This show featured scientists, so there you go. Just where did I insult any of the scientists from the show?

They did not mention a large decrease in CO2 because there was no large decrease in CO2. Sulphate aerosols reflect light and decrease the amount of energy the earth gets from the sun. And there was the matter, also, at that time, of the Maunder Minimum. Anybody with the sligtest knowledge of earth science knows these facts.

Thanks for admiting there are much larger drivers of climate than CO2. None of which has thing one to do with human intervention. Loser.

Like what? Not since the 70's

Oh, I can think of one that is as big of a driver on the decade time frame. Can you?

Last edited:
So GoldiRocks.. Maunder Min was in 1700s. How long do you think it takes a rock the size of the Earth to recover and reach a new thermal equilibrium after a 40 yr forcing like that?

Because when I have you simply lie through your teeth and claim you never saw it., that's why.

We don't NEED to lie silly person. The fact is you silly people can't figure out you're demonstrating the Ideal Gas Laws. Why is that?:cuckoo:

Prove it.

What are you? Twelve? It's a very well known FACT that there are quite a few glaciers advancing.

Advancing Glacier Coming Close to Blocking Fiord Near Yakutat, Alaska

"Some glaciers in a Himalaya mountain range gained a small amount of mass between 1999 and 2008, new research shows, bucking the global trend of glacial decline.

The study, published on Sunday in the Nature Geoscience journal, also said that ice melt from the Karakoram mountain range in the eastern Himalayas had contributed less to rising sea levels than previously thought.

With global average temperatures rising, many glaciers, ice caps and ice sheets are melting, contributing to increasing sea levels that threaten the populations of low-lying nations and islands.

The research, conducted by researchers at France's University of Grenoble estimates that the Karakoram glaciers gained about 0.11 to 0.22 metres per year between 1999 and 2008.

"Our conclusion that Karakoram glaciers had a small mass gain at the beginning of the 21st century indicates that those central/eastern glaciers are not representative of the whole (Himalayas)," the researchers said."

Himalayan glacier region 'gaining ice' - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Prove it.

What are you? Twelve? It's a very well known FACT that there are quite a few glaciers advancing.

Actually, I was mimicking deniers. I thought that was obvious. And, actually, while there are some glaciers advancing on this planet, the overwhelming majority have been receding rapidly (on top of the melting snow and disappearing Arctic) for some time. So, Twelve Year Old, what do you believe to be the significance of the few that aren't?

With global average temperatures rising, many glaciers, ice caps and ice sheets are melting, contributing to increasing sea levels that threaten the populations of low-lying nations and islands.

Yup.

Prove it.

"Some glaciers in a Himalaya mountain range gained a small amount of mass between 1999 and 2008, new research shows, bucking the global trend of glacial decline.

The study, published on Sunday in the Nature Geoscience journal, also said that ice melt from the Karakoram mountain range in the eastern Himalayas had contributed less to rising sea levels than previously thought.

The research, conducted by researchers at France's University of Grenoble estimates that the Karakoram glaciers gained about 0.11 to 0.22 metres per year between 1999 and 2008.

"Our conclusion that Karakoram glaciers had a small mass gain at the beginning of the 21st century indicates that those central/eastern glaciers are not representative of the whole (Himalayas)," the researchers said."

Himalayan glacier region 'gaining ice' - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Now, for the rest of the story.

USGS Release: Most Alaskan Glaciers Retreating, Thinning, and Stagnating, Says Major USGS Report (10/6/2008 11:44:25 AM)

Most glaciers in every mountain range and island group in Alaska are experiencing significant retreat, thinning or stagnation, especially glaciers at lower elevations, according to a new book published by the U.S. Geological Survey. In places, these changes began as early as the middle of the 18th century.
Although more than 99 percent of Alaska's large glaciers are retreating, a handful, surprisingly, are advancing.

The Glaciers of Alaska, authored by USGS research geologist Bruce Molnia, represents a comprehensive overview of the state of the glaciers of Alaska at the end of the 20th century and beginning of the 21st century. Richard Williams Jr., an emeritus senior research glaciologist with the USGS, said the 550-page volume will serve as a major reference work for glaciologists studying glaciers in Alaska in the years and decades to come.

The report uses a combination of satellite images, vertical aerial photographs (black-and-white and color-infrared photos taken from airplanes, looking straight down), oblique aerial photographs (color photos taken from the air at an angle, such as most regular photos), and maps, supported by the scientific literature, to document the distribution and behavior of glaciers throughout Alaska.

So, out of more than 10,000 glaciers in Alaska, more than 99% are retreating, yet you say that because of one or two that are not, or, rather more likely, are surging and thinning, that those few cancel the effects of the rest?

BBC News - Greenland ice loss doubles from late 2000s

A new assessment from Europe's CryoSat spacecraft shows Greenland to be losing about 375 cu km of ice each year.
Added to the discharges coming from Antarctica, it means Earth's two big ice sheets are now dumping roughly 500 cu km of ice in the oceans annually.
"The contribution of both ice sheets together to sea level rise has doubled since 2009," said Angelika Humbert from Germany's Alfred Wegener Institute.

This piece of crap propaganda lacks an explanation..

The only reason there is a discontinuity in RATE in that graph is because of the change from tidal gauges to satellite. That difference is STILL UNRESOLVED because the tidal gauge rate doesn't match the satellite computations.. THAT and it's over 18 yrs old..

Link, asshole, link.

Here is one that says otherwise;

Eyes on Columbia Glacier?s retreat | Frontier Scientists

Columbia Glacier is not the only glacier on the move. According to the World Glacier Monitoring Service, many of the world’s glaciers will disappear by the end of the century. Of the 2,000 glaciers observed in Alaska, 99% are retreating. Glaciers die when the snow they accumulate is less than the water they lose due to melting which occurs during warmer months. Glacier mass balance is a measure of the net gain or loss of snow/ice over the course of each year, and the long-term balance of glaciers measured around the world shows that glaciers are losing mass.
Again, so what?

Here's volume of glaciers in NA, Russia, and Eurasia.

"Note in the figure below (left) that the loss of glacier volume over the past twenty-five years has occurred primarily in North America (open circles), followed by Russia (squares). Eurasia (closed circles) actually has an increase in glacier area, as increased precipitation may have offset the influence of warming in this region."

ice-glaciers-volume.jpg

"Accumulated annual volume changes of ice caps and glaciers in the American Arctic (red), the Russian Arctic (green), the Eurasian Arctic (blue), and the entire Arctic (purple). [M. Dyurgerov, INSTARR, University of Colorado]*"

Yeah, saying, ""Glacial ice is increasing in many parts of the world." is a good example of cherry picking.

It's not so important what happens in one part of the globe. After all, it isn't called "partial global warming" or "Southern hemisphere climate change", it is global warming and global climate change.

Overall contribution to sea level rise is

so what?

So nothing. Games all done and Johnny took his ball. Go on home. Ask your mom if you can come out again next weekend.

Forum List

Back