Statehood for DC is Unconstitutional

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015

Lefties consistently crap on the Constitution. Its fine how it is.This
Legislation. Will be overturned by the Supreme Court.

It’s not by accident or oversight that the nation’s capital isn’t a state: The Founding Fathers wrote it into the Constitution. Article I, Section 8provides explicitly for a national capital that would not be part of a state nor treated as a state, but rather a unique enclave under the exclusive authority of Congress — a neutral “district” in which representatives of all the states could meet on an equal footing to conduct the nation’s business.

It’s not by accident or oversight that the nation’s capital isn’t a state: The Founding Fathers wrote it into the Constitution. Article I, Section 8provides explicitly for a national capital that would not be part of a state nor treated as a state, but rather a unique enclave under the exclusive authority of Congress — a neutral “district” in which representatives of all the states could meet on an equal footing to conduct the nation’s business.
Doesn't it take a 67% of the vote to change the Constitution?

As I've stated many times,

The part that has our government can and will be excluded from the state.

They can and no doubt will draw the lines of the state around the government buildings.

DC is much bigger than just where the governmental buildings and monuments are.

There are over 700 thousand people in DC. Which is more people than the state of Wyoming. Do you actually believe they all live in the small area that the government is located?

One would think so, but not when the Democrats are in control by claiming a "simple majority" of seats. Democrats totally overturned the Second Amendment without a 2/3 supermajority in Congress and without the consent of 3/4 the legislatures of the several states.

The Constitution makes it Constitutional to create D.C. and it also makes it Constitutional for Congress to make it a state.
As long as it's what the Democrats want, they don't have to go through the process to amend the constitjution.

But if the Republicans want to amend the constitution, then it's not amended even if it is properly proposed and ratified by the letter of the law.

Why?

Why is there such a double standard of Democrat lies versus Republican truth?

This should not be changed, though. DC is under Congressional jurisdiction. It cant be a state.

Lefties, you might need help understanding.

As I've stated many times,

The part that has our government can and will be excluded from the state.

They can and no doubt will draw the lines of the state around the government buildings.

DC is much bigger than just where the governmental buildings and monuments are.

There are over 700 thousand people in DC. Which is more people than the state of Wyoming. Do you actually believe they all live in the small area that the government is located?

Most of them are registered to vote elsewhere!

The Constitution makes it Constitutional to create D.C. and it also makes it Constitutional for Congress to make it a state.
As long as it's what the Democrats want, they don't have to go through the process to amend the constitjution.

But if the Republicans want to amend the constitution, then it's not amended even if it is properly proposed and ratified by the letter of the law.

Why?

Why is there such a double standard of Democrat lies versus Republican truth?
It's no mystery why republicans keep testing the limits of equal protection and losing. Every now and then they get a win. That's how you change the constitution these days.

You solve this by carving out the White House and Congress along Pennsylvania Avenue, and the rest of the district becomes a state.

There's nothing in COTUS that specifically states that the boundaries of DC have to forever and always be a district.

Lets move the Capitol to Kansas City while we are at it. Makes as much sense.

the simple solution to the grip is not to tax the residents at the federal level. Can be done tomorrow without amendment

Sounds good to me.

Why should it be?

Why shouldn't it be?

This country was formed as individuals petitioned to join the United States as states. Why should the residents of the District of Columbia not be allowed this right that all others have had and still have?

Why should it be?

Why shouldn't it be?

This country was formed as individuals petitioned to join the United States as states. Why should the residents of the District of Columbia not be allowed this right that all others have had and still have?

I suppose it's up to those affected.

Forum List

Back