States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Mar 26 2009

As I said, even when I admit a mistake (typo in this case) you ignore it, just as you like to ignore anything that doesn't fit into your tiny box.

Obama did change some of welfare, which would have been good changes if not for the fact that he will have to repeal it all to pay for the other wastes of money. Also, the drug testing is his idea, so yeah, if that passes then he will have changed it even more. Stop being short sighted.

Also, where do you get that drug testing is his idea, Kitten? That's just silly.

It's tough to sift through the biased stuff, but I guess media sensationalized may work as well for now. Again, the changes he has made (taxes from cigarettes to children's health for example) are not easily spotted, nor are all the changes he will be forced to make easily predicted. But he has ultimately, and is now even considering reform. Mostly he is changing it by making it easier for people to get it, according to some critics. Other possible changes are to reverse other reforms, which may prove disastrous in the long run or may even prove beneficial, hard to tell right now. Minor change is still change, just because it doesn't have a direct connection doesn't make it less change.

Also, where do you get that drug testing is his idea, Kitten? That's just silly.

Meh ... mentioned in passing somewhere, can't remember off hand. Perhaps it was him agreeing to it as a possibility, I can't remember where I see these things all the time, I may even be mistaken.

Here kitty ktty.......

I acknowledge your claim of a typo. Now, let's see if that is just a lie to cover your ignorance.

What welfare policy of Bush I, did Clinton refine ?

What changes has Obama made to wlefare ?

And as you continue to dig your hole,

Please show us where Obama claims to have come up with this drug testing idea.

Come on Kitty, I've got some fresh flounder for you......

You're full of shit, Kitten, no offense. He hasn't made any changes. And btw, he's also not the one trying to get mandatory drug tests as you stated above. That is a state thing.

Meh ... mentioned in passing somewhere, can't remember off hand. Perhaps it was him agreeing to it as a possibility, I can't remember where I see these things all the time, I may even be mistaken.
lol...have you taken up crack?

There we go. That wasn't so hard was it, kitty ?

Now you don't have to continue to flounder. It is unbecoming.

How about a psychological test to prevent gun queers from owning guns?

oh, wait! That would mean the only people with guns would be sane people, wouldn't it?

Can't have that, now, can we?

The NRA would evaporate due to a lack of members.

so you feel that a presumption of insanity is an appropriate response to someone who wants to own a gun?

you see, this is why I am against drug testing for any welfare or unemployment benefits....it is the presumption that ALL on wefare are taking drugs when it may be only about 6% of them, yet many on this very board, want ALL taking government funds to be drug tested, and this is not fair and an intrusion of privacy to all of those that are completely innocent....it is a slippery slope that would lead to other "mass testing" of society for other things, like gun ownership....when the majority of gun owners, would never kill anyone.

Care

How about a psychological test to prevent gun queers from owning guns?

oh, wait! That would mean the only people with guns would be sane people, wouldn't it?

Can't have that, now, can we?

The NRA would evaporate due to a lack of members.

so you feel that a presumption of insanity is an appropriate response to someone who wants to own a gun?

you see, this is why I am against drug testing for any welfare or unemployment benefits....it is the presumption that ALL on wefare are taking drugs when it may be only about 6% of them, yet many on this very board, want ALL taking government funds to be drug tested, and this is not fair and an intrusion of privacy to all of those that are completely innocent....it is a slippery slope that would lead to other "mass testing" of society for other things, like gun ownership....when the majority of gun owners, would never kill anyone.

Care

most folks bringing home a paycheck get drug tested, why not people getting paychecks from we the people???

Care

most folks bringing home a paycheck get drug tested, why not people getting paychecks from we the people???

huh? most people bringing home pay checks ARE NOT drug tested.

I've never held a job, nor has my husband where drug testing was required, nor has anyone I've known been required to drug test.

According to the news, there are 40,000,000 MILLION marijuana smokers in the usa that for the most part, are holding jobs.

Let alone others that do drugs occaisionally of other sorts....it is working America who can afford them, for the most part, that does illegal drugs....and alot are prescription drugs as well....like anna nicole smith and Rush Limbaugh, congressman rockefellar etc....all "working people".

Care

Care

I've never held a job, nor has my husband where drug testing was required, nor has anyone I've known been required to drug test.

According to the news, there are 40,000,000 MILLION marijuana smokers in the usa that for the most part, are holding jobs.

Let alone others that do drugs occaisionally of other sorts....it is working America who can afford them, for the most part, that does illegal drugs....and alot are prescription drugs as well....like anna nicole smith and Rush Limbaugh, congressman rockefellar etc....all "working people".

Care

Companies exist that don't require a drug test as a condition of employment? Where are these companies?

Care

Companies exist that don't require a drug test as a condition of employment? Where are these companies?

Good question.. very good question.. It's all tied into Workers Comp Insurance innit?

Care

Good question.. very good question.. It's all tied into Workers Comp Insurance innit?

Care sometimes makes these blanket statements and then leaves the thread. I hope she comes back.

Care sometimes makes these blanket statements and then leaves the thread. I hope she comes back.

any bank, any corporation, even Jackson Memorial hospital, john elliot community blood bank center, the holiday inn for goodness sakes, and shoe vendors like Tommy Hilfiger and Aerosoles and Nine West and Kenneth Cole and Reebok and Rockport, jcpenneys, filenes, Dillards Dept stores etc....none required drug tests...NONE?

Do you guys work for companies that required drug tests?

That's news to me....

Care

I think it is around 60% of employers that have some kind of drug testing.

Of course, 75% of drug users are employed.

What does that tell you ?

since 80% of america is employed by small businesses that could not afford drug tests peejay, i find that number very hard to believe.

and all of the corporations that i worked for did not drug test.

Government jobs are drug tested i believe, but only upon hire and then never after that, unless they forsee a problem....

Care

since 80% of america is employed by small businesses that could not afford drug tests peejay, i find that number very hard to believe.

and all of the corporations that i worked for did not drug test.

Government jobs are drug tested i believe, but only upon hire and then never after that, unless they forsee a problem....

Care

I think you're right. Doing a little more research, it is around 60% of employers who employ 500 or more. So, yeah, it would appear that most people are not tested.

Forum List

Back