Steven Bannon indicted for Fraud

Remember when Brian Kolfage said he was not going to pay himself a dime?

Well, he didn't...

Instead, he paid himself $20,000.00 a month!

Of course he was via shell companies....you know, the way we all get paid.

He thanks the poster of USMB that contributed to his fund.

Remember when Brian Kolfage said he was not going to pay himself a dime?

Well, he didn't...

He paid himself $20,000.00 a month!

He thanks the poster of USMB that contributed to his fund.
Democrats are doing the same thing.. targeting Americans is domestic terrorism

Stephen Bannon, three others charged with defrauding donors to online fundraising campaign for border wall

Federal prosecutors in New York on Thursday unsealed criminal charges against Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, and three other men they alleged defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors using an online crowdfunding campaign that was advertised as raising money to build a wall on the U.S. border with Mexico.

In a news release, prosecutors said Bannon and another organizer of the campaign, Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, claimed that they would not take any compensation as part of the campaign, called “We Build The Wall,” but that was a lie. Bannon, prosecutors alleged, received more than $1 million through a non-profit he controlled, and Kolfage received more than $350,000.

Prosecutors alleged they and two others routed payments from the campaign through the non-profit and another shell company and disguised them with fake invoices to help keep their personal pay secret. All four were arrested Thursday and are expected to make court appearances later in the day. They are charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and money laundering.

Bannon served on Trump’s presidential campaign, and then as the White House chief’s strategist, until he was ousted in the summer of 2017. A lawyer for him did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

WASHINGTON POST: Matt Zapotosky

Why is criminal activity so common among members of TEAM TRUMP?

Guilty until proven innocent. Wait...what?

Well you're right but using non profits to funnel monies to shell companies and submit fake invoices to pay yourself sort of says it all.
Maybe in your world, but, what role did Bannon play that was illegal? Or, was he part of this in name only? You just don't know, and either do I.
I enjoyed reading the indictment.

Bannon directed the scheme and negotiated the “salary” for Kolfage. They have the text messages and wire transfers. I don’t see how they’re going to sneak out of this one.

Of course, Bannon was no shrinking violet either.

According to the indictment, Bannon directed nearly a million dollars for personal use!.

Wall?...What Wall???????

Hillary Clinton?
Hillary was indicted? When was this?
She’s been treated a guilty for decades. Never indicted. At least Bannon was indicted.
Never indicted, thanks for your admission.
Admission makes it sound like I was denying it happened.

Either way, it’s always cries of innocent until proven guilty when it’s a conservative in the crosshairs but never when it’s a Democrat.

I don’t really know too much about Bannon. Is he really a racist Alt Right member?

A ham sandwich can be indicted. The timing is suspicious. Maybe politically motivated?

I don’t really know too much about Bannon. Is he really a racist Alt Right member?

A ham sandwich can be indicted. The timing is suspicious. Maybe politically motivated?
Read the indictment. The only ham sandwiches are those that don't find the allegations credible.

" When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. "

"I barely knew him.....I know a lot of people"......

Trump.

If Trump gets re-elected how many more of his pals will go to jail?

Jail? Trump didn't go to jail when he did the same thing. What makes you think he will go to jail?

Can't indict a sitting president.
But if Trump loses, D.A. Cy Vance is going to hand him his ass AND put him in jail.

Well you're right but using non profits to funnel monies to shell companies and submit fake invoices to pay yourself sort of says it all.
Maybe in your world, but, what role did Bannon play that was illegal? Or, was he part of this in name only? You just don't know, and either do I.
I enjoyed reading the indictment.

Bannon directed the scheme and negotiated the “salary” for Kolfage. They have the text messages and wire transfers. I don’t see how they’re going to sneak out of this one.
And democrats have done the same thing and nothing happens, you can’t target Americans I hope the New York Investigators get hung in the public square

NEW YORK FEDERAL PROSECUTORS
STOP TARGETING AMERICANS

Right. Only criminals and frauds on the left should be targeted.
Or fucking arrested! AL Sharpton has been taking millions of dollars from his foundation every month and sticking it in his bank account never been arrested the squad members have been taking money from the campaign sending it to their boyfriends business taking money out of it not arrested
Fair points
It misses the mark, ultimately. Kolfage’s biggest problem is that he publicly and proudly advertised he would get no money from the fund and that everything would be going towards the wall. Therefore, taking money demonstrates that he was defrauding his donors. Moving the money in secret via shell companies demonstrates intent to defraud. Had it not been for that, he probably wouldn’t be in trouble.

Now, if you can find similar circumstances for Al Sharpton, you may have a point but that is essential.

As for “the squad” sending money to their boyfriends, I assume they’re referring to Ilhan Omar employing her then boyfriend now husband with campaign money. Problem is that her husband has a firm that does this work and it’s not illegal to pay people, even your family members, for doing actual work for a campaign. Sometimes, it’s even necessary because not charging for something or value could be a campaign contribution.

Southern District of New York ? Sounds like it could just be a political thing from a corrupt US Attorney's office.

I'll wait for AG Barr and their superiors in Washington to review this before casting judgment.
Exactly.
LOL! OTOH..Stevo has not endeared himself to our President lately..so I imagine a Pardon is off the table--not really surprised..Bannon has always exuded a con man aura..is why he bonded with Trump, no doubt!

Forum List

Back