#Stopthetires - There is a grassroots movement by truckers to strike on Nov 29th for 24 hours

Not sure it will come together, but they are trying.

I'm off that day. I might drive up to LA...less traffic. Cool.

No, I think they are planning to clog the streets. The exact opposite.

A 24 hour one could do that. The to the en of December shuts down a lot of the corporate buy/sell movements.

I still recall the Dollar Tree an many stores having a lot of shelves with empty spots when the Long Shoremen refuse to be bullied.

Things would get mighty mighty interesting if they could pull it off

One day won't do shit, two weeks would make a huge impact.

Thats what I mean till December
Most Americans dont understand theyre only a few days away from completely empty shelves ...

No toilet paper , lysol ,and limited selection on food for a month aint nuttin

Thiers still no lysol for the l ove of God thiers still no regular supply of lysol we're all gonna die .....from a chink cold bug...zzzzz

Once the trucks stop rolling its only a matter of time till mayhem ......
Errrrr Yep

As a retired tractor-trailer operator for 30 years, I can tell you there is no chance of this happening. The same threats were made when fuel prices increased, DOT cutting hours down for OTR drivers, new electronic log books and so on. Don't get me wrong. Drivers just left the industry because of these problems. But the ones who stayed made no moves to stop services. Although most of the other drivers I had conversations with are right leaning, we still have liberal drivers out there that won't take a stance, or have no interest in politics at all. They only thing they want to do is make a paycheck by the end of the week.

The government Fs with us so frequently that if we didn't take such actions against them, they are certainly not going to do it over who is elected as President.

Point missed.

I agree that not all truckers will shut down.

Where I disagree is that many will. Enough that supply chains will be disrupted. For how long the disruption continues is a matter of conjectur. Sure you may have toilet paper on the store shelf but if the one trucker driving the reefer with the hot dogs on board parks it for a day the word will spread quickly and you'll be dogless for weeks as the panic buying takes hold.

As a retired tractor-trailer operator for 30 years, I can tell you there is no chance of this happening. The same threats were made when fuel prices increased, DOT cutting hours down for OTR drivers, new electronic log books and so on. Don't get me wrong. Drivers just left the industry because of these problems. But the ones who stayed made no moves to stop services. Although most of the other drivers I had conversations with are right leaning, we still have liberal drivers out there that won't take a stance, or have no interest in politics at all. They only thing they want to do is make a paycheck by the end of the week.

The government Fs with us so frequently that if we didn't take such actions against them, they are certainly not going to do it over who is elected as President.

I appreciate the insight and the expectation setting.

Point missed.

I agree that not all truckers will shut down.

Where I disagree is that many will. Enough that supply chains will be disrupted. For how long the disruption continues is a matter of conjectur. Sure you may have toilet paper on the store shelf but if the one trucker driving the reefer with the hot dogs on board parks it for a day the word will spread quickly and you'll be dogless for weeks as the panic buying takes hold.

I can assure you it's not going to happen. If a couple politically motivated drivers do shutdown, it won't make a difference on your store shelf or meat department. How do I know this? Because our industry has been starving for drivers for over a decade. When they can't find American drivers, they hire foreigners to do the job.

They have to get mostly owner operators to head this.
Most company drivers usually dont partake.
Owner operators have truck payments. So they should park for as long as possible and watch there livelihoods be towed away.

That's typical RWNJ thinking.

If they did it for a week or two, and then paired it with demands of the 6 states that did an illegal shut down of vote counting have to do a new election in Georgia, Pa, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, and Wisconsin, that would be a huge story.

Biden 232
Trump 229

If they did it for a week or two, and then paired it with demands of the 6 states that did an illegal shut down of vote counting have to do a new election in Georgia, Pa, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, and Wisconsin, that would be a huge story.

Biden 232
Trump 229

No doubt, just one day would have a huge impact, and send a message.

Great idea. Worked well for air traffic controllers. :rolleyes:

I'm off that day. I might drive up to LA...less traffic. Cool.

No, I think they are planning to clog the streets. The exact opposite.

Even better. I have a vacation shortly after that. With all of those trucks impounded... nice!

You would starve to death first. You are a incompetent twit. If the truckers stopped for two weeks the country would grind to a halt. It would be catastrophic.

Might be worth to see traitors like candy here whine and snivel.

Forum List

Back