Strong 8.0 Earthquake Hits Off The Coast Of Southern Mexico...

What does this have to do with politics you might ask?

Well since the Solar Eclipse we've had:

Wild fires destroying the west

Harvey destroying much of the Houston area

Three hurricanes, including a Cat 5, poised to hit N America

And now a massive earthquake near Mexico with Tsunami warnings

So naturally social media is exploding about how Mother Earth is angry over Trump being elected and climate change.

And the solution for some is appeasing Mother Earth with human sacrifice.

Can you guess what President they want to sacrifice to appease Mother Earth for the sin of climate change?

And yet these are many of the same people who claim Christians are nuts for following Christ and His commandments. That instead we should rely on science.

Seriously can't make anything this ridiculous up
And yet these are many of the same people who claim Christians are nuts for following Christ and His commandments.

Well, I don't know that any of "the same people who claim Christians are nuts for following Christ and His commandments" are among the people who, according to you, are among the individuals who, also according to you, are "exploding social media" with assertions "about how Mother Earth is angry over Trump being elected and climate change." I don't know because, quite frankly, you are the only person I've seen to be positing about or remarking about such things.

For myself, I will say that some Christians are nuts for they making essentially the genre of claims, albeit purporting that it's God rather than Mother Nature who's punishing people.
I guess the rest of us should thank our lucky stars for gay people. :cheers2: Lord only knows whom Christians would blame were gays not around. :poke:

I wonder....could we convince all the gays in the U.S. to move to Holland for a decade or two so that then there'd be no hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, global warming or autism in the U.S?

:bsflag: Are you a Christian? If so, given the kind of Christian you appear to be, you most certainly could, for I suspect you have lots of practice at making up things and believing them. Indeed, the OP remarks appear to be little other than a jaundiced mass of warbling fiction conjured by you.

(You didn't tell someone else your password, did you? The Russians didn't hack your computer, did they?)

So naturally social media is exploding about how Mother Earth is angry over Trump being elected and climate change.

Can you guess what President they want to sacrifice to appease Mother Earth for the sin of climate change?

And yet these are many of the same people who claim Christians are nuts for following Christ and His commandments. That instead we should rely on science.

Nope.. It is just Kim Jong Un playing with his toys...

kim+jong+un+riding+nuke_abc4d8_4530577.gif

Strongest quake 'since 1985' strikes off Mexican coast

MEXICO CITY - An earthquake of magnitude 8.1 struck off the southern coast of Mexico late on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said, shaking buildings as far away as Guatemala and sending people running into the streets in the capital.

Oh look a NORMAL OCCURENCE an 8,1
You know it is President Trumps fault. Because more illegals are self deporting back to Mexico, the amount of pressure on the crust there, has caused it to rumble(like Guam flipping over because too many people went to one side). Either that or Global Warming made it happen.

I'd like to know how '650 miles away' got to be 'in' Mexico City. Seems like a good trick.

Well, you can think that for I would be surprised to find that, seismologically speaking, "rare" has been precisely quantified.
Possibly so..
Well, in reviewing the following papers about how earthquake occurrence probabilities are determined, I found no instance where the term "rare" was quantified.
I noticed too that undefined remained much of the vernacular laymen such as I, presumably you too (?), might use to qualify various seismic traits.

In the course of making at least a cursory effort to confirm my supposition that, among seismologists, "rare" is likely not precisely quantified, I stumbled across several papers that discuss induced earthquakes.
OT:
A very quick scan of the conclusion section of one of the papers revealed that it is possible to induce earthquakes. Certainly not conclusive...there are surely more papers, and I'm not going through any more of them...I can live just fine without more rigorous confirmation of whether "rare" has a specific seismic meaning/application.

Now I don't particularly care about how to induce quakes, but learning that the things can be induced made me wonder whether any organization -- USGS in particular -- as endeavored to apply any, some or all of the quake inducing techniques to major seismic systems in the US as a way to attenuate or, better still, abate the incidence of "8" or higher magnitude quakes in the U.S?
Yeah, I only had one class on geology in 1978...

I'd like to know how '650 miles away' got to be 'in' Mexico City. Seems like a good trick.

It's actually near San Francisco del Mar. I suppose they use Mexico City because no one knows where the hell many other cities are. That said, the area looks pretty sparsely populated and it looked like the worst of the quake was off shore. Hopefully not too much damage.

News is like the boy who cried wolf .... I'm not alarmed by anything anymore....

It's actually near San Francisco del Mar. I suppose they use Mexico City because no one knows where the hell many other cities are. That said, the area looks pretty sparsely populated and it looked like the worst of the quake was off shore. Hopefully not too much damage.
Ah so it is on the Pacific side..

This is just the beginning.

Also, MindWars

Not to wax religious as an agnostic and overstep my knowledge on the subject, but if any deity is raining Hell upon the earth, I suspect you're blaming the wrong one. Lucifer the trickster would be keen to drive a wedge between God and his children don't you think?

Find a rainbow honey - that was His promise that He will never flood the earth again, was it not?

Forum List

Back