ST's BP Rantings

Seriously? Ok then, cite the phD thesis or dissertation that uses the word **** in it.

Go ahead and deflect all you want, it's game on, and I won't stop until you show where using that term is proper/normal/accepted of a phD candidate.

you are a retarded ****, fuck off. hey i can write that and don't lose my academic degree. how come?

You didn't have 1 to begin with?

Appearing educated to your peers isn't a priority?

You're a dumbass posting on the intertubes?

Take your pick. :)

that is actually a good comeback.

I also negged him for using it

now stop crying

If making sure others know what a hypocrite and liar he is = crying then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

But then, I guess we're all "crying" then aren't we.

Seriously, anyone defending name calling over a well reasoned argument should be questioning why they are even on a "discussion" board. There's no discussion in name calling.

How 'bout intelligent discussion?

You implied that vulgarity caused someone either to be refused or to lose their doctorate.

In doing so, you made yourself look like a moron.

Both of you made yourselves look like morons in this thread.

You implied that vulgarity caused someone either to be refused or to lose their doctorate.

I implied nothing of the sort. I inferred that a smart person (like an actual phD candidate) would use their well reasoned, intelligent argument, not resort to childish personal attacks. If that makes me a moron I'll wear the label proudly.

I implied nothing of the sort.

Your whole phD thing comes across as a complete farce when you start calling women ***** because they don't agree with you.

I had no idea not using the word **** was a qualification for a PhD.

Seriously? Ok then, cite the phD thesis or dissertation that uses the word **** in it.

First you implied that an education would make him not an ass.

Then he he conflated a prerequisite or requirement with qualification.

Then you didn't correct him, but stood by your earlier conflation.

Again, you both look like morons.

I implied nothing of the sort.

I had no idea not using the word **** was a qualification for a PhD.

First you implied that an education would make him not an ass.

Then he he conflated a prerequisite or requirement with qualification.

Then you didn't correct him, but stood by your earlier conflation.

Again, you both look like morons.

I didn't realize it was my job to correct anyone. YMMV.

Its time to do what the U.S. does better than any nation - use free market forces to get companies to self-regulate.

They tried that before.

Ask a librarian why OSHA and child labour laws were passed in the first place.
I propose the affected states in this disaster all chip in to hire a few thousand attorneys, investigators, paralegals, secretaries, and associated staff - and sue the fuck out of BP until they are no more. Force them to pay so much that the company gets confiscated and sold off.
Some are trying.

California Girl said:
Hi, you have received -167 reputation points from California Girl.
Reputation was given for this post.

LOL

I know, I know, facts don't matter to you

Refute what you like, I honestly don't care.

Its time to do what the U.S. does better than any nation - use free market forces to get companies to self-regulate.

They tried that before.

Ask a librarian why OSHA and child labour laws were passed in the first place.Some are trying.

California Girl said:
Hi, you have received -167 reputation points from California Girl.
Reputation was given for this post.

LOL

I know, I know, facts don't matter to you

Refute what you like, I honestly don't care.

I know that facts are your enemy but:

1. The US cannot produce goods cheaply enough to compete with countries such as China.

2. Americans buy foreign goods more than US goods... Because they're cheaper.

3. We have priced ourselves out of the market because of our Unions.

4. Foreign owned businesses invest VAST amounts of money into the US economy.

5. If we adopted the OPs "idea", we would enter a massive depression that would continue for decades.

For those who are capable of rational thought, his 'idea' is laughable. To drooling idiots who have no fucking idea how the global economy works, it's a perfect 'solution'. Good luck with that solution cuz it will tank our economy - AGAIN.

Now, stop whining about being negged. It's pathetic.

I know that facts are your enemy

:lol:
1. The US cannot produce goods cheaply enough to compete with countries such as China.

Nor could the North produce cheap agricultural goods to compete with the (mostly Southern) salve states. Do you seriously intend to try to defend slavery and exploitation because you don't want to risk somewhat higher cost?

The money we pay for those goods currently go to international companies. By encouraging local/national production, we increase our national security (via our industrial independence), create American jobs, and keep the wealth generated in America.
2. Americans buy foreign goods more than US goods... Because they're cheaper.

Because of slave labour and a total lack of meaningful labour and industrial standards. Again, do you seriously intend to defend slavery, exploitation, and pollution just to avoid paying a few bucks more for something- especially when you're currently sending the money out of the country and helping make America dependent on a nation that has long been our enemy?
3. We have priced ourselves out of the market because of our Unions.

So paying a few bucks less is more important than not sending your child to a coal mine at 10-years of age, not pumping the pollution from the paper mills directly into the river, and having some sort of safety standards for you and your fellow workers?

Require all imported goods to meet our minimum standards, including environmental protection and roduct safety [lead, cadmium, etc]. Protectionism worked during this nation's guilded age and it can work again as one aspect of rebuilding this nation.

Some of us care about other human beings and also our country. Clearly, you care only about the bottom line and your bank account. That's the difference between you Bourgeois Liberals and Old Capitalists and we on the left who possess souls and morals.
4. Foreign owned businesses invest VAST amounts of money into the US economy.

How much money do they inject into our economy, how much do they create that leaves the nation, and how much is American independence and sovereignty and your own job worth to you? We can protect America, Americans, and human beings- or only the pocket books of people who would exploit useful idiots like you. I say we protect our nation and human beings. What say you? Are you on the side of America and Humanity or the side of the Bourgeois Capitalists?

5. If we adopted the OPs "idea", we would enter a massive depression that would continue for decades.

When did I express support for the OP's proposal?

Yeah. The government hiring thousands of attorneys to find ways to sue companies (when they have the power to make the most banal activity a crime) is really The Hallmark of a Free Market System.

Heh.

So you think regulation is the answer?

Or do you just not have an answer?

Wait, lemme guess your answer, its something along the lines of "trust the corporation", right?

Hey stupid!! Accidents happen no amount of regulations or lawsuits will ever change that fact!!

The facts that have come to light have caused me to change my thinking on the role of regulation with regards to this oil spill. If the current regulations were not being enforced - and it clearly wasn't just a one time slip up, which might be understandable - what makes us think future ones will?

I propose the affected states in this disaster all chip in to hire a few thousand attorneys, investigators, paralegals, secretaries, and associated staff - and sue the fuck out of BP until they are no more. Force them to pay so much that the company gets confiscated and sold off.

This could be funded with a special tax that would be refunded with interest to the taxpayer when the case is won.

Once BP has been killed for their crime against nature - all the other companies won't need regulation to keep their shit in line. They will see that if they fuck up bad, they will simply be destroyed. That will be enough.

BP may be a big company, but the gulf states are bigger and we're meaner. Its time to push the fuckers back into the sea just like we did in 1815!!!

Energy is a national security issue. We should nationalize all domestic drilling, put it under the Department of Defense, use all the oil produced to supply the military, and sell the surplus to the American public at cost.

The facts that have come to light have caused me to change my thinking on the role of regulation with regards to this oil spill. If the current regulations were not being enforced - and it clearly wasn't just a one time slip up, which might be understandable - what makes us think future ones will?

This could be funded with a special tax that would be refunded with interest to the taxpayer when the case is won.

Once BP has been killed for their crime against nature - all the other companies won't need regulation to keep their shit in line. They will see that if they fuck up bad, they will simply be destroyed. That will be enough.

BP may be a big company, but the gulf states are bigger and we're meaner. Its time to push the fuckers back into the sea just like we did in 1815!!!

Energy is a national security issue. We should nationalize all domestic drilling, put it under the Department of Defense, use all the oil produced to supply the military, and sell the surplus to the American public at cost.

How very communist of you! Also.... just curious about who this 'We' is that you refer to... because for the US Government to 'nationalize' domestic drilling and then sell the surplus to the American people would be, in effect, us paying for it twice.... Because the US Government is funded by the US Taxpayer... so if they 'nationalize' the drilling - we fucking own it so why should we pay for it again?

What a fucking communistic little dipshit you are.

LOL, the whiny little punk just negged me and said this....

"That's what you get for cancelling my neg rep to amanda" -spidermantuba

Dude how old are you? HAHAHAHA!

Did you know if you post quotes from rep notes, it violates a rule in here. Have a nice vacation...

And we have a 4th neg rep from the ever impotent Tuba.

I really have to believe if you have anything intelligent to say you'd say it. But nope, only neg rep. Way to go, you're a genius. :clap2:

I'm out of rep at the moment, thanks to Gunny and his damned rep rules. However, I will rep you later... that should make up for Spidey's little neg. :eusa_angel:

If I forget, remind me! :lol::lol::eusa_angel:

I implied nothing of the sort. I inferred that a smart person (like an actual phD candidate) would use their well reasoned, intelligent argument, not resort to childish personal attacks. If that makes me a moron I'll wear the label proudly.

I guess women aren't considered a minority by the libs in academia anymore either. :lol: That must have gone by the wayside whenever Obama entered the scene against Hillary, they certainly couldn't ditch her fast enough. Black vs femle. Black wins! You would think we would have heard something about that from the women's groups, but I guess they've been marginalized at this point. The color of your skin outweighs the gender in the modern lib world apparently. :lol:

Did you know if you post quotes from rep notes, it violates a rule in here. Have a nice vacation...

No it isn't. A neg rep comment is not a PM. Any convo's that follow a neg rep are PMs and are, therefore, not postable.

This is the same incredibly stupid idea that Republicans used to defang OSHA and the EPA early in Bush's first term. Only they called it, "Voluntary Compliance".

Where did it lead? How about to "mining disasters" and "oil spills"?

Carry it one step further. Remove all speed limit signs and make road rules "voluntary compliance". But don't stop there. Make car safety "voluntary compliance".

Deregulate the food industry.

Deregulate pharmaceuticals.

Deregulate Wall Street. Oh wait. We already did that. Ask the mine workers and the oil workers how that worked out.

HAHAHHA! sorry but I m still here... pointing out Negrep abuse by a known troll, is not a rule violation... Sorry...:lol::lol:

Jesus Christ.. if Tuber ain't a 1 trick pony, I don't know who is.... an accident is a 'crime against nature'??? If they were purposely dumping toxic waste, yeah, I could see that sentiment.... but drilling is a risky venture... especially beneath the waves... but we will NEVER be 100% safe... and no use waiting until some putz thinks we are 100% safe... As long as BP and whomever else is some responsibility for the mistake or the complete accident pays for the necessary cleanup effort, life must go on... it's kind of like a child, you can have them do corrective action to learn from the mistake and to make up for damage, but if you continually brow beat them over it it does no good...

Forum List

Back