Students defy high school mandate prohibiting display of American flag

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Students Defy High School Mandate Prohibiting Display of American Flag

Students at a Minnesota high school defied a mandate Wednesday prohibiting them from flying the American flag on vehicles in the school parking lot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

People are getting sick of your SAUL ALINSKY Mind warped training and they aren't going to take it any more BAHAHHAAHHAAH.. Democratic morons aare being told FK YOU !!

America!!!!!!!

student-flag-protest.jpg

You know, if you would bother to read the whole article (I did), you would see that the original rule was that students couldn't fly banners or flags from their vehicles in the school parking lot because they were trying to keep people from displaying the Confederate battle flag.

And, because they had said ALL flags and banners, that included the American flag unfortunately.

The students said they understood banning the Confederate flag, but they didn't think that all flags should be banned.

The school agreed with them, and now American flags can be displayed.

From the link.....................

Principal Mark Jenson lauded the students’ efforts to organize a protest to the new rule.

“The kids have been awesome today,” Jenson said in a statement to CBS Minnesota. “There is a resolution. They can bring the American flag.”

An official statement from the school also indicated the flag display issue had been resolved, admitting “students led a very respectful and appropriate protest of the RHS student handbook guideline regarding display of flags on vehicles.”

“Student leaders have offered to help support an approach that allows American flags to be displayed on vehicles while, at the same time, helping to encourage respect for others,“ the statement reads.

You know, if you would bother to read the whole article (I did), you would see that the original rule was that students couldn't fly banners or flags from their vehicles in the school parking lot because they were trying to keep people from displaying the Confederate battle flag.

And, because they had said ALL flags and banners, that included the American flag unfortunately.

The students said they understood banning the Confederate flag, but they didn't think that all flags should be banned.

The school agreed with them, and now American flags can be displayed.

From the link.....................

Principal Mark Jenson lauded the students’ efforts to organize a protest to the new rule.

“The kids have been awesome today,” Jenson said in a statement to CBS Minnesota. “There is a resolution. They can bring the American flag.”

An official statement from the school also indicated the flag display issue had been resolved, admitting “students led a very respectful and appropriate protest of the RHS student handbook guideline regarding display of flags on vehicles.”

“Student leaders have offered to help support an approach that allows American flags to be displayed on vehicles while, at the same time, helping to encourage respect for others,“ the statement reads.

Duh.....

Can't have it both ways, either display of a flag is free speech and the burning of a flag is free speech then display the display of any flag is free speech. And the burning of any symbol (like the Koran) is free speech. Often those who are the quickest to complain of bigotry prove to be the most dedicated bigots.

That gives me hope for generation Z. Obviously some of them aren't buying into that self-loathing-American "societal chronic depression" (for lack of a better term) that liberal pond life are all about.

I hope they aren't flying any raggity flags like I see on trucks around here.....not very respectful to fly an American flag that is in tatters.

Forum List

Back