Study I found.

Why is that relevant? The most recognizable reason for it is that Republican-led counties are less likely to have expanded medicaid coverage. Leading to worse health outcomes. It doesn't make it better, it's the direct link to why health outcomes are worse.

Studies show larger Medicaid coverage gains and reductions in uninsured rates in expansion states compared to non-expansion states occurred across most or all of the major racial/ethnic categories. Additional research also suggests that Medicaid expansion has helped to reduce disparities in coverage by income, age, marital status, disability status, and, in some studies, race/ethnicity. The Effects of Medicaid Expansion under the ACA: Studies from January 2014 to January 2020 - Report
One of potentially many differences from urban and rural are EMS transports during an emergency. EMS experience in rural areas may be less. EMS transports from place of patient to hospital is still under the golden hour. In cities, hospitals are no more than a ten-minute run or so from place of patient.

The OP never said anything about poor Democrats living in Republican counties or vice versa. The comparison is an overall comparison. Obviously, no county is purely one or the other.

Please try some critical thinking.
I dug deeper into the study, return after you have done the same. Or put your faith in someone else's conclusions.

One of potentially many differences from urban and rural are EMS transports during an emergency. EMS experience in rural areas may be less. EMS transports from place of patient to hospital is still under the golden hour. In cities, hospitals are no more than a ten-minute run or so from place of patient.
Possible, the only thing is that wouldn't really explain why it has increased. EMS transport would have been equally bad before. It would explain a difference in mortality rates, it wouldn't explain a relative WIDENING GAP in mortality rate.

Last edited:
I have all the facts on my side, you got caught and now you are spinning and deflecting.
Again what facts? Citing this
The greatest contributors to the widening AAMR gap between Republican and Democratic counties were heart disease, cancer, and chronic lower respiratory tract diseases"
Does NOT explain why there is a difference. It just explains what diseases the gap is most prevalent in.

Ever heard about posing a strawman? I never claimed people in inner cities are safe. I simply cited a study that investigated the connection between political affiliation and life expectancy. You want to argue about crime in cities? That's fine. Just not here.

Wait so you think the mortality rate in the dem run inner cities is all good...

Our friends on the right constantly claim that living in areas that are controlled by the Democrats is worse than living under Republicans.
I came across this study. Political environment and mortality rates in the United States, 2001-19: population based cross sectional analysis

So a few conclussions.

AAMR (age adjusted mortality rate) per 100 000 population decreased by 22% in Democratic counties, from 850.3 to 664.0 (average APC −1.4%, 95% confidence interval −1.5% to −1.2%), but by only 11% in Republican counties

Male and female residents of Democratic counties experienced both lower AAMR and twice the relative decrease in AAMR than did those in Republican counties.

However, the AAMR gap between white residents in Democratic versus Republican counties increased fourfold

The mortality gap in Republican voting counties compared with Democratic voting counties has grown over time, especially for white populations, and that gap began to widen after 2008.

This is before Covid, by the way, something that by all accounts will widen the disparity.

In short living under Republicans literally shortens your life expectancy.
Ever hear of anyone dream of retiring and moving to the city?

Me either.

Wait so you think the mortality rate in the dem run inner cities is all good...
You guys really need to get a better line.

Ever heard about posing a strawman? I never claimed people in inner cities are safe. I simply cited a study that investigated the connection between political affiliation and life expectancy. You want to argue about crime in cities? That's fine. Just not here.

Ever hear of anyone dream of retiring and moving to the city?

Me either.
And again

Our friends on the right constantly claim that living in areas that are controlled by the Democrats is worse than living under Republicans.
I came across this study. Political environment and mortality rates in the United States, 2001-19: population based cross sectional analysis

So a few conclussions.

AAMR (age adjusted mortality rate) per 100 000 population decreased by 22% in Democratic counties, from 850.3 to 664.0 (average APC −1.4%, 95% confidence interval −1.5% to −1.2%), but by only 11% in Republican counties

Male and female residents of Democratic counties experienced both lower AAMR and twice the relative decrease in AAMR than did those in Republican counties.

However, the AAMR gap between white residents in Democratic versus Republican counties increased fourfold

The mortality gap in Republican voting counties compared with Democratic voting counties has grown over time, especially for white populations, and that gap began to widen after 2008.

This is before Covid, by the way, something that by all accounts will widen the disparity.

In short living under Republicans literally shortens your life expectancy.

The death rate in cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, St Louis, etc., all Blue Plantation cities disputes the findings.
Indeed, the numbers of Death by O.D. and Homicide skew the numbers against Democrats.
**********​
**********​
**********​

The death rate in cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, St Louis, etc., all Blue Plantation cities disputes the findings.
Indeed, the numbers of Death by O.D. and Homicide skew the numbers against Democrats.
**********​
**********​
**********​
And yet the AVERAGE mortality rates in Republican counties versus Democratic Counties are showing a widening mortality gap. So no they don't dispute those findings. What it does is speak to something else entirely. Homicide is not the biggest contributor to mortality rate so both can be true.

Respect that. I apologize for the harshness of that reply and I will try to remember that you are a poster with integrity in the future.
Thank you, and don't worry about it. It's pretty hard for most people in a place like this to understand that sometimes there's somebody on the other side who simply wants to have an honest discussion. It's rare. By the way, thank you for recognizing and apologizing for your tone. That too shows integrity.

Last edited:
Another factor that might fit, apply;

Rural-Urban Disparity in Mortality in the US From 1999 to 2019​

And yet the AVERAGE mortality rates in Republican counties versus Democratic Counties are showing a widening mortality gap. So no they don't dispute those findings. What it does is speak to something else entirely. Homicide is not the biggest contributor to mortality rate so both can be true.

~~~~~~
So, you mean that Bai Dung and company is creating more death in blue counties by allowing Fentanyl and other opioids through the border.

**********​
**********​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back