Study:MSNBC Coverage Almost Entirely Opinionated, Fox News Has More Factual Reporting

MSNBC usually is factual.
Laughing-smiley-face-1.gif

I know that made laugh too

I haven't a clue why that should make anyone laugh. I love listening to Rachel Maddow....not since Peter Jennings has any news anchor channeled such integrity, and moxie. Is it anyone wonder why Fox News is a laughing stock? WND? Breitbart.com? Don't get me started. LOL.

The fact you actually believe what you just said is pretty dam funny given the recent history of distorted video editing that MSNBC has been caught doing. That is the reason for this same pic again.

OP- NO, dumazzzes, it says MSNBC is mainly opinion and debate, while Fox has more news- (albeit BS and slanted.)

Last edited:
yep..that is why their ratings are in the toilet, thankfully not many watch the hate and lies they put out from people like, Matthews, Schultz, Maddow, Sharpton, etc

Actually the Pew piece says that the networks put out X amount of news programming and Y amount of opinion programming.

THERE IS NO MENTION OF THE DEGREE OF ACCURACY IN ANY OF THE PROGRAMMING.

The truth there is that Faux is rarely factual. MSNBC usually is factual.

The reason that the piece was written, that the study was done, is because years back Faux promoted itself as a "news" channel. Not news and opinion, but just news. At that time nearly all of the programming on Faux was opinion. They wound up getting sued over it. (I forget the details of the case.) They lost the case, but a couple years later won the appeal.
MSNBC usually is factual.
That IS a hoot, ain't it? LOL

"True to its motto, MSNBC has been leaning forward. To the point that its opinionated programming far outweighs its “factual reporting,” according to a new Pew study. While Fox News, too, had more opinionated programming, the network had a much smaller discrepancy between opinion and straight reporting.

The study — which came as part of Pew Research Center’s annual “State of the Media” report — states that opinionated programming comprised 85 percent of MSNBC’s airtime (versus 15 percent of “factual reporting”). Meanwhile, Fox News had opinion 55 percent of the time, with 45 percent straight news."

MSNBC Coverage Almost Entirely Opinionated, While Fox News Includes More Factual Reporting, Study Says | Mediaite

1-On-MSNBC-Opinion-Dominates-Reporting.png

PicMonkey-Collage12.jpg

Hell..

obama-forward-500x501.jpg

MSNBC-TWITTER-ICON.png

I coulda told you that.

"True to its motto, MSNBC has been leaning forward. To the point that its opinionated programming far outweighs its “factual reporting,” according to a new Pew study. While Fox News, too, had more opinionated programming, the network had a much smaller discrepancy between opinion and straight reporting.

The study — which came as part of Pew Research Center’s annual “State of the Media” report — states that opinionated programming comprised 85 percent of MSNBC’s airtime (versus 15 percent of “factual reporting”). Meanwhile, Fox News had opinion 55 percent of the time, with 45 percent straight news."

MSNBC Coverage Almost Entirely Opinionated, While Fox News Includes More Factual Reporting, Study Says | Mediaite

PicMonkey-Collage12.jpg

Memo to OP...: Your TV has an "off" button.

Again, you missed it.

Opinions are based on fact - or fiction. For example, let's look at Faux's "War On Easter." It's an opinion piece that's entirely fabricated.

PicMonkey-Collage12.jpg

Even the Liberals I know, watch Fox News and when I ask why, they all give me the same answer, " it has more news than other networks."

I am also certain that the percentage of Dems., most Fox programs have on as guests, is an additional appeal. "Fair and Balanced."

CNN rated highly too, but where they fail, in my opinion, is by not reporting anything negative relative to Obama, until and unless the story becomes big and lasts more than a couple of days.

I watch Fox twice a day, time permitting. The Factor, a portion of Special Report, with Bret Baier, and some Hannity, depending upon his scheduled guests. If I am not interested in his guests, I don't watch his program.

Fox Business Network is awesome too, but seldom have time to catch it.

I hope Jay Leno finds appealing, the interest Fox has, in making him a regular.

Forum List

Back