🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Study shows Millennial men significantly weaker than their fathers

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
I'm so shocked.
Their thumbs are stronger from playing XBOX and stroking their smartphones though.

Today’s men are not nearly as strong as their dads were, researchers say

A man’s hands say a lot about him. My own father, at 66, still has the calloused, gnarled hands of a guy who did competitive weightlifting in college and spent much of his career grappling with 1,500-pound dairy cattle as a large animal veterinarian. I, on the other hand, have the soft palms of a modern-day desk jockey. My hands are delicate, well-moisturized, and prone to blisters if I spend too much time in the garden.

And I’m not the only one. A new study in press at the Journal of Hand Therapy (yes, a real thing) finds that millennial men may have significantly weaker hands and arms than men the same age did 30 years ago.

Researchers measured the grip strength (how strongly you can squeeze something) and pinch strength (how strongly you can pinch something between two fingers) of 237 healthy full-time students aged 20 to 34 at universities in North Carolina. And especially among males, the reduction in strength compared to 30 years ago was striking.

Today’s men are not nearly as strong as their dads were, researchers say

Young men today live soft lives. Dicking around with phones and computers is about it, that's why illegal immigrants have taken over physical labor in contracting and yard work. I also blame public-ed and pop culture where they are taught anything masculine is wrong and backwards. Meanwhile the females have gotten way more aggressive, some of the biggest assholes out there are young females, I won't even work for them anymore.

I'd like to see someone grapple a full grown cow..

We are stronger than millennials since we had to use ancient history tools to work with..

People do what they have to do. If the average demands on people changed, so would these results.

Are millennials physically weaker than their fathers? Perhaps.

Are they showing their fathers how to use their computers and phones? Yes.

Which is more important in today's world, physical strength or knowledge of technologies? If my sons cannot bench press as much as I can, and do not work in the lawncare business, I am happy with that. Both of my boys have excellent jobs. My oldest might be as strong as I am. But they are 30 & 33, so I'm not sure if they are millennials or not. Never really cared for such nonsense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back