Sup Court tosses GOPs racist , voter fraud inspired , “citizenship” census Q.

There's a lot of misunderstanding on this ruling. The SC neither "blocked" nor "tossed" the case. They sent it down to the lower courts. It's unlikely to be resolved for the new census to be printed, but it is possible.

People are acting like they ruled the citizenship question is unconstitutional or something. They did not.

If liberals don't want citizenship to exist, they need to say so. This facade of compassion and humanitarian concerns are falling flat. They could care less about who is a citizen and more about who votes for them.

That the only conclusion I can come to. Please, someone edify me if I am misguided.

What do you think citizenship is, then, Joe? Something we should just give away like candy?

I was referring to using the term as a search parameter to determine if anyone else had started threads on SCOTUS' ruling yesterday.

Counting non-citizens in the Census, as required by the constitution, is not giving away citizenship.

But, um, yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to be a citizen. My grandfather immigrated here from Germany in 1925, he got his citizenship by 1929.

Citizenship:

No longer a requirement for being in the US.

That is all.

It never was.. We've always had immigrants..

The Census requires that everyone be counted.

Nothing wrong with immigration. Legal immigration. Let's make that clear. People who go through the proper immigration channels deserve to be citizens.

It's illegal immigration that is the concern.

Hm... it's like you ignore the meaning of those two terms entirely and equate both of them to being a citizen.

On purpose.

Citizenship:

No longer a requirement for being in the US.

That is all.

It never was.. We've always had immigrants..

The Census requires that everyone be counted.

Nothing wrong with immigration. Legal immigration. Let's make that clear. People who go through the proper immigration channels deserve to be citizens.

It's illegal immigration that is the concern.

Hm... it's like you ignore the meaning of those two terms entirely and equate both of them to being a citizen.

On purpose.

He told a legal immigrant on this board--a minority woman--to go back to her home country. Of course we don't know if she is actually an immigrant or if her parents (or grandparents) were...I'm not sure Joe knows either. He told her this because he doesn't like her political opinions of course.

We know this is how Leftists are. They will cry about racism, misogyny and etc but become the WORST of those if you disagree with their Leftist Orthodoxy

If liberals don't want citizenship to exist, they need to say so. This facade of compassion and humanitarian concerns are falling flat. They could care less about who is a citizen and more about who votes for them.

That the only conclusion I can come to. Please, someone edify me if I am misguided.

That would be kind of a waste, wouldn't it?

This wasn't a question on the existence of citizenship, it was a question about how the Census should be conducted. The Constitution clearly says, "Count everyone". Not just citizens.

Trump's own documents proved that his intent was to discourage non-citizen participation in the Census. It was a naked power grab.

Obviously, non-citizens shouldn't be allowed to vote. You guys have been complaining about "non-citizen" voting since 2000, when it was clear Bush had stolen the Presidency.

What you never come up with is proof. I'm sure there are a few immigrants who vote in error and don't get caught, but it's very few.

My grandfather immigrated here from Germany in 1925, he got his citizenship by 1929.

And? He took the right step and alleviated his illegal immigrant status. I can't presume to know the circumstances that caused him to wait 4 years between arrival and application, but he took the right step. If illegal immigrants did the same thing your grandfather did, we wouldn't be having to address this situation at all. Period.

I would wager even your grandfather knew the importance of being a citizen rather than an illegal on the run from the authorities.

He told a legal immigrant on this board--a minority woman--to go back to her home country.

After she spent several posts whining about how she didn't like how the culture in this country was changing...

Of course we don't know if she is actually an immigrant or if her parents (or grandparents) were...I'm not sure Joe knows either.

We've already established that... The poster in question is a mail order bride who got locked in a room and made to listen to hate radio all day.. The resulting crazy is amusing to behold.

But then again, being an Islamophobic Twat, such nuance is lost on you.

What do you think citizenship is, then, Joe? Something we should just give away like candy?

I was referring to using the term as a search parameter to determine if anyone else had started threads on SCOTUS' ruling yesterday.

Counting non-citizens in the Census, as required by the constitution, is not giving away citizenship.

But, um, yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to be a citizen. My grandfather immigrated here from Germany in 1925, he got his citizenship by 1929.

Then all those times there was a citizenship question on the census, it was unconstitutional?

Last edited:
And? He took the right step and alleviated his illegal immigrant status. I can't presume to know the circumstances that caused him to wait 4 years between arrival and application, but he took the right step. If illegal immigrants did the same thing your grandfather did, we wouldn't be having to address this situation at all. Period.

I would wager even your grandfather knew the importance of being a citizen rather than an illegal on the run from the authorities.

Actually, back then, we didn't make immigrants jump through so many hoops.. All he had to do was get here and wait 4 years.

Regardless of how undocumented immigrants got here, they are here.

They should be counted in the census, and we need to resolve their citizenship status at some point.

What Bush and McCain proposed in 2008 was kind of sensible. They self-identify, they get in the line behind those who did it the right way, they pay a fine.

He told a legal immigrant on this board--a minority woman--to go back to her home country.

After she spent several posts whining about how she didn't like how the culture in this country was changing...

Of course we don't know if she is actually an immigrant or if her parents (or grandparents) were...I'm not sure Joe knows either.

We've already established that... The poster in question is a mail order bride who got locked in a room and made to listen to hate radio all day.. The resulting crazy is amusing to behold.

But then again, being an Islamophobic Twat, such nuance is lost on you.

She is a mail order bride, Joe? You know this for sure? Or like for me, you're just making things up?

That would be kind of a waste, wouldn't it?

This wasn't a question on the existence of citizenship, it was a question about how the Census should be conducted. The Constitution clearly says, "Count everyone". Not just citizens.

And, when we run into the problem of apportioning representatives based on population tabulated via the census, then what? People who shouldn't be here are affecting our democracy in a negative manner. They are taking the voice away from the people in America who gained their citizenship legally. From minorities, from women, from citizens in any walk of life who gained their citizenship legally.

That is also a constitutional issue too. I for one don't like the fact I am having my representatives and senators representing people who don't belong here who broke our laws and are exploiting our democracy.

U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 2, clause 3

“Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed."

Why are we allowing non-citizens to help dictate how many representatives in the house each state gets?

The all those times there was a citizenship question on the census, it was unconstitutional?

All those times was 1950, when McCarthy had us seeing commies under our beds..

1950?

Census citizenship question: what you need to know

"From 1970 to 2000, the Census Bureau used two questionnaires: a long-form and short-form.

Most households received the short-form questionnaire, and about 1 in 6 households received a long-form questionnaire that included a question on citizenship. The 2010 Census only used a short-form questionnaire with 10 questions. It did not ask about citizenship."

Actually, back then, we didn't make immigrants jump through so many hoops.. All he had to do was get here and wait 4 years.

Oh, so he didn't come here illegally. He was doing what was required of him by law at the time. Fulfilling a residency requirement. So it is... so it is...

Regardless of how undocumented immigrants got here, they are here.

They should be counted in the census, and we need to resolve their citizenship status at some point.

Like I stated in my previous post, counting non-citizens in our census has a negative impact on the apportionments clause of our constitution, and therefore the machinations of our democracy. We are allowing non-citizens determine how many representatives each state gets. That's not right. That's not fair. Yes, they are here. Yes, we should take care of them, but only for a time.

Their citizenship status was resolved the moment they crossed the border illegally. They are not citizens until they go through the proper channels (I do agree the laws are a bit too robust, but they are there still, and for a reason).

If a couch sitter like me can understand that, why can't anyone else?

Last edited:
She is a mail order bride, Joe? You know this for sure? Or like for me, you're just making things up?

Sure, why not?

Maybe she's one of those robots.... she's about that creepy and her responses are pretty robotic.

upload_2019-6-28_5-44-20.jpeg

Holy Shit, the Robot Apocalypse is creepy and sexy!

Or maybe "she" is a 400lb guy eating cheetos who thinks he'll get more attention putting a picture of an Asian chick up.

Forum List

Back