Supreme Court partly allows appeal by media over Quebec 'secret trial'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I posted this story when it initially came out. Basically in Canada we have secret courts, something Americans will soon be enacting I'm sure since some in the U.S salivate over wanting a centralized system.

Here is the irony of this,, the courts can still keep everything secret, even where the crime occurred, the nature of the crime, EVERYTHING, their only wrongdoing was in not posting the case on the court docket. I mean, this is "transparency"?

All Canadians have, our last hope, is our courts and noble judges. It seems we lack Mensches that we desperately need and our decline is assured because of this.

The Supreme Court of Canada has partly upheld an appeal from the media over a so-called secret trial in Quebec involving a police informant.

The high court ruled today that the trial judge and Quebec Court of Appeal acted correctly in keeping information secret that could identify the informant, such as the nature of the crime, where it allegedly took place, and the name of the judge involved in the case.

Forum List

Back