Surprise! Assad Still Has Chemical Weapons

I don't think this would be a surprise to many people.

Surprise! Assad Still Has Chemical Weapons

One year after the Obama Administration celebrated its singular Middle East achievement of forcing Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Damascus to give up its chemical weapons, U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that the regime was still in possession of various weaponized chemicals beyond the chlorine gas it has used on civilians in recent months. (Don’t look now, but our own Adam Garfinklerepeatedly told you so.)

Amazingly enough, having concluded that President Obama’s threats about bombing were hollow, it appears that Assad did not fully comply with his commitments.

This won’t help the Obama Administration on Capitol Hill as it tries to sell the Iran agreement. Some of the parallels to what the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing focused on at the first Iran hearing yesterday are uncanny. Consider the following, from The Wall Street Journal

Continue reading at:

Surprise Assad Still Has Chemical Weapons - The American Interest?

So has ISIS/ISIL/IS where's the proof these chlorine attacks came from the Assad regime?

In just a few years they set up labs and produced chemical weapons? Did Assad give them the chemical weapons? Or did they come across a storage warehouse that Assad did not declare or dispose of?

chlorine gas bombs can be made in a kitchen------as can nitrate bombs-----
Nitrogen mustard gas is very easy--------.--------there was information that Saddam shipped lots of his stuff to the hills-----of Syria ----anthrax packs easily and in small spaces-----you seem to be thinking FISSION AND FUSION and-----bomber jets.

Perhaps if you have access to the chemicals but it should not be so easy during war to get the items needed.

it make more sense that assad did not declare everything and it has now fallen into ISIS hands

no----really Saddam was shipping stuff to Syria as soon as the USA entered Iraq and------the "CHEMICALS" needed are nothing much -----a chlorine gas bomb can be made with a bottle of CHLOROX. Phophodiesterase is nothing more than pesticides---of the farming type. Anthrax spores are another nothing----you can put them in a jelly jar

I guess there are some here who think none of the doctors, the White Helmets (a Civil Defense group), reporters and even the ordinary Syrian citizen can't spot a helicopter which belongs to the Syrian Air Force. I doubt the UN would have bothered with the meeting if they didn't think it was Assad's helicopters dropping these barrel bombs filled with chlorine.

So has ISIS/ISIL/IS where's the proof these chlorine attacks came from the Assad regime?

In just a few years they set up labs and produced chemical weapons? Did Assad give them the chemical weapons? Or did they come across a storage warehouse that Assad did not declare or dispose of?

Nitrogen mustard gas is very easy--------.--------there was information that Saddam shipped lots of his stuff to the hills-----of Syria ----anthrax packs easily and in small spaces-----you seem to be thinking FISSION AND FUSION and-----bomber jets.

Perhaps if you have access to the chemicals but it should not be so easy during war to get the items needed.

it make more sense that assad did not declare everything and it has now fallen into ISIS hands

no----really Saddam was shipping stuff to Syria as soon as the USA entered Iraq and------the "CHEMICALS" needed are nothing much -----a chlorine gas bomb can be made with a bottle of CHLOROX. Phophodiesterase is nothing more than pesticides---of the farming type. Anthrax spores are another nothing----you can put them in a jelly jar

I guess there are some here who think none of the doctors, the White Helmets (a Civil Defense group), reporters and even the ordinary Syrian citizen can't spot a helicopter which belongs to the Syrian Air Force. I doubt the UN would have bothered with the meeting if they didn't think it was Assad's helicopters dropping these barrel bombs filled with chlorine.

Only if they had decent night vision equipment as all the attacks seem to have occurred at night and last year IS siezed a Syrian Airbase at Taqba; not beyond the realms of possibility, they dug up a few disaffected aircrew/mercenaies/jihadis and repaired a helicopter or two. Alternatively, they sneak a bomb in at night, wait untill they hear the sound of a helicopter flying nearby and remotely detonate the bomb...voilà! dastardly Assad is using chemical weapons again!

I'm amazed that anyone thinks his regime would be so monumentaly stupid as to use chemical weapons after Russia got them a "get out of jail free card".

Only if they had decent night vision equipment as all the attacks seem to have occurred at night and last year IS siezed a Syrian Airbase at Taqba; not beyond the realms of possibility, they dug up a few disaffected aircrew/mercenaies/jihadis and repaired a helicopter or two. Alternatively, they sneak a bomb in at night, wait untill they hear the sound of a helicopter flying nearby and remotely detonate the bomb...voilà! dastardly Assad is using chemical weapons again!

I'm amazed that anyone thinks his regime would be so monumentaly stupid as to use chemical weapons after Russia got them a "get out of jail free card".
The story of that airbase was very interesting. It was besieged long time before ISIS could take it over. While the Syrian army announced it would never concede the airbase, preparations to evacuate the base were made. In fierce clashes, the Syrian heroes covered their comrades retreat. Unfortunately, those heroes were killed by ISIS. When ISIS captured the base, not a single item of value was present anymore. Some ancient AA missiles and two gutted Mig 21.
According to wikipedia, the USA provided intelligence reports to the Syrian government.
Battle of Al-Tabqa air base - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The story of that airbase was very interesting. It was besieged long time before ISIS could take it over. While the Syrian army announced it would never concede the airbase, preparations to evacuate the base were made. In fierce clashes, the Syrian heroes covered their comrades retreat. Unfortunately, those heroes were killed by ISIS. When ISIS captured the base, not a single item of value was present anymore. Some ancient AA missiles and two gutted Mig 21.
According to wikipedia, the USA provided intelligence reports to the Syrian government.
Battle of Al-Tabqa air base - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If that's the case, and they've not managed to cobble something together from Iraq, I'll go wil option 2 then :D

Of course, you are free to think what you want just as I am free to believe what I want. I think I will go with the chlorine bombs being dropped by Assad's helicopters on Syrian citizens.

Syrian doctors to show the US evidence of Assad s use of chemical weapons World news The Guardian

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/18/w...r-news-of-progress-on-chemical-arms.html?_r=0

Syria conflict Government accused of chlorine attack - BBC News

Of course, you are free to think what you want just as I am free to believe what I want. I think I will go with the chlorine bombs being dropped by Assad's helicopters on Syrian citizens.

Syrian doctors to show the US evidence of Assad s use of chemical weapons World news The Guardian

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/18/w...r-news-of-progress-on-chemical-arms.html?_r=0

Nusra Sally has no choice. Why don´t the "Syrian doctors" show the evidence but are "to show" evidence. Has it yet to be produced?

what did orgsiastic mutilater of children Captain blei say?

to what chemicals does the poster refer? chlorine gas bombs can be made with simple household bleach

Nusra Sally has no choice. Why don´t the "Syrian doctors" show the evidence but are "to show" evidence. Has it yet to be produced?

You have contributed nothing to your post, irosie.

I must have hit the wrong button-----chlorine blei. For those interested----chlorine bombs are easy to make requiring only simple household bleach----the chlorine gas
-----on hitting the delicated tissues of the ALVEOLI--(the tiny honey comb chambers of the lung where oxygen is absorbed) mix with water forming
hydrochloric acid-----thus damaging lung tissue. Death is slow and excrutiating----
it can take days----children are especially vulnerable

I must have hit the wrong button-----chlorine blei. For those interested----chlorine bombs are easy to make requiring only simple household bleach----the chlorine gas
-----on hitting the delicated tissues of the ALVEOLI--(the tiny honey comb chambers of the lung where oxygen is absorbed) mix with water forming
hydrochloric acid-----thus damaging lung tissue. Death is slow and excrutiating----
"barrel bombs" are Russian FAB bombs in truth so there are no "barrel bombs" and no "chlorine barrel bombs".

"barrel bombs" are Russian FAB bombs in truth so there are no "barrel bombs" and no "chlorine barrel bombs".

how do you know? ----some people seem to believe that some people died from
chlorine gas-----autopsy would be definitive Do you believe that anyone is dying in Syria-----or are they all LIVING IT UP like the people in Auschwitz?. Anyone dying in Yemen? I was told that there is absolutely no problem over there-----it's all propaganda from the jewish controlled media

chlorine gas-----autopsy would be definitive Do you believe that anyone is dying in Syria-----or are they all LIVING IT UP like the people in Auschwitz?. Anyone dying in Yemen? I was told that there is absolutely no problem over there-----it's all propaganda from the jewish controlled media
Nusra and FSA use chlorine gas.

I wouldn't put it past either Nusra or Assad

There is no reason to put the Syrian government on a level with Al-Qaeda.

There is no reason to put the Syrian government on a level with Al-Qaeda.

nevertheless-----I would not put chlorine gas past ASSAD -----whatever are the levels of al Qaeda and Baathist scum like Nasser who used nitrogen mustard
gas for the furtherance of the BAATHIST CAUSE. Nitrogen mustard gas and
chlorine gas ------are comparable weapons -----sorta.

Forum List

Back