Survey: Over 1/3 of Democrats support Second Amendment repeal

According to National Review online, a survey by The Economist and YouGov revealed that over a third democrats polled favored getting rid if the second amendment. It concludes that most Democrats also favor getting rid of all semi-automatic weapons including handguns.

Repeal the Second Amendment? Almost Half of Democrats Say Yes | National Review

It will never happen.
Once again, what will they accomplish in their shitty "gun-free" inner cities? They already made it mostly illegal. Are they going to ban it again?

Doesn't matter. The 2nd Amendment will never be repealed. It's incredibly hard to amend the constitution and very few amendments have passed out of hundreds of attempted ones. Repealing is the same process. It won't happen.

What needs to happen is to inject a little sanity in the process and have something BESIDES "more guns" as a solution.

There really are no better solutions. One of the reasons I posted this is because it's frightening how a large percentage of our population would like to repeal the one thing that sets us apart from every other country in the world. And what happens if that group grows to half, or sixty percent of the public? What choice would politicians have but to attempt to amend it?

According to National Review online, a survey by The Economist and YouGov revealed that over a third democrats polled favored getting rid if the second amendment. It concludes that most Democrats also favor getting rid of all semi-automatic weapons including handguns.

has anyone started doing anything about it? think it would go anywhere?

stop whining, trumpkin.

How am I whining?

Why do they want to repeal it so much? It's not like the states even pretend to follow the second amendment anymore.

If they are ever able to eliminate the second, it's virtually the only thing stopping them from disarming the country. The other threat is if they ever got a liberal majority on the Supreme Court. Then they could conclude that the 2nd was intended for militia only, and we don't have a Constitutional right to bear arms.

It will never happen.
Once again, what will they accomplish in their shitty "gun-free" inner cities? They already made it mostly illegal. Are they going to ban it again?

Doesn't matter. The 2nd Amendment will never be repealed. It's incredibly hard to amend the constitution and very few amendments have passed out of hundreds of attempted ones. Repealing is the same process. It won't happen.

What needs to happen is to inject a little sanity in the process and have something BESIDES "more guns" as a solution.

There really are no better solutions. One of the reasons I posted this is because it's frightening how a large percentage of our population would like to repeal the one thing that sets us apart from every other country in the world. And what happens if that group grows to half, or sixty percent of the public? What choice would politicians have but to attempt to amend it?

There is a difference between what people say in a poll and what they'll do. This is just fear mongering. And "more guns" is not a better solution. There ought to be solutions in between "no guns" and "more guns" don't you think?

I thought a 3 day waiting period was reasonable. Oops. Guess not.

The other thing about the 2nd Amendment is it is an integral part of our culture - it's not going away.

has anyone started doing anything about it? think it would go anywhere?

stop whining, trumpkin.

How am I whining?

waaaaahhh....some meanie dems want to take away our toys.

The other thing about the 2nd Amendment is it is an integral part of our culture - it's not going away.

sad but true

but the problem isn't the 2nd..;.. it's the way its intentionally misinterpreted by NRA shills.

All the Democrat hierarchy are rolled into the Perkins Coie law firm...go see my thread please...SEE the twitters of their top guys. They are the ones organizing this march on DC and legally advising school youth on their rights to walk out of school. This is the Clinton machine.

Nearly half of the Stalinists want to end civil rights.

We have to accept the fact that democrats are not the opposition, they are the enemy. The Marxists will prevail, or America will.

You’d have to want to continue the massacres to not want a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.
It’s as simple as that.

Some Democrats are pro-2nd amendment, I'm sure. :tomato:

I wouldn't classify the poster above me as a Democrat, that's a leftist shill. Probably doesn't even vote.

It will never happen.

There is a difference between what people say in a poll and what they'll do. This is just fear mongering. And "more guns" is not a better solution. There ought to be solutions in between "no guns" and "more guns" don't you think?

Wonderful, so riddle me this: how many mass shootings will a three day waiting period stop? That's what I thought!

Democrats often stick their finger in the wind to see which way it's blowing. It's how they make or introduce policy. So again, what happens when surveys or polls show that a majority want to repeal the Second? Given the fact that Democrats do want to disarm us, do you think they would hesitate at such an opportunity?

83BEC66E-7B24-40CD-B4D6-59DE00AB69EF.jpeg

Trumpidiots solution: more of the same

You’d have to want to continue the massacres to not want a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.
It’s as simple as that.

No. It's not.

Most people don't want massacres and don't want to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

They realize there are rational alternatives to consider inbetween "no guns" and "more guns". Unfortunately NRA doesn't seem to be rational.

It’s as simple as that.

Thank you for supporting the OP. I appreciate it.

Again, as i stated before, we should make California into a social experiment. Ban all guns in Cali for 10 years, then we can see what the results of a gun free society would be.

How about it? Anyone suppose that would be a good idea?

It will never happen.

Wonderful, so riddle me this: how many mass shootings will a three day waiting period stop? That's what I thought!

Democrats often stick their finger in the wind to see which way it's blowing. It's how they make or introduce policy. So again, what happens when surveys or polls show that a majority want to repeal the Second? Given the fact that Democrats do want to disarm us, do you think they would hesitate at such an opportunity?

See that is exactly what I mean. A solution that is relatively benign, not even targeting specific guns - and you can't even consider that. Just 3 days.

You are no more rational then those who want to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back