🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Survey Shows Most Americans Agree With Ocasio-Cortez, and so do I.

Cortez has her priorities in order: education, infrastructure, healthcare.

It isnt rocket science.

All except the part she hasn't figured out: Who's going to pay for her grandiose plans?

Why "tax the rich" of course. Even though the top 20% of earners are already paying 84% of the income tax paid in to the government.

So what's going to happen then?

Pentagon cannot account for $21T is squanered between 1998-2015 pard, get fuggin' real about some shit.

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off at the twat getting his "information" from the dumbest twat in Congress telling OTHER people to get real about shit.

:auiqs.jpg:

You get that the pulled-from-the-ass stat you just cited is one of the imbecilities we're mocking Googly-Eyes for, right?

Here is the problem with the war machine spout. What if the world needs a policeman? Does having the war machine mean we get our tribute in the form of having the world defacto fiat currency used for transactions at a charge that is reducing in importance? I bet the former Soviet Union is happy to not spending as much of its resources in the middle east anymore.

Your wars are about nothing but corporate state access to the resources of others and wealth extraction, please do go do some due diligence on relative military spending across the globe, relative military footprint across the globe and who has bases and occupations where. Its; pretty stunning. America has built an econimic system than cannot stand sans endless war and global occupation. This is the stuff of empires in decline historically. We can't even police ourselves any longer.

Ho-okay, comrade.

You know their tapped out when they reach for the "commie" bit.

TL; DR, Comrade.

No one can ever defend this health"care" system, cheers.

Funny, sounded like you said, "I want to believe this, so I just never admit to having heard otherwise."

Dont know enough about her yet. But she is interesting, and I like her priorities. In fact I hope we see some stuff along that line from the next Congress. Particularly infrastructure. Surely we can agree on the importance of that?

Funny you mention that, I notice Matturd and his Sciencerocks sock account haven't been around parroting inane drivel in a while. Maybe it was her dumbass.

Securing the Border with a wall is infrastructure BTW.

Then why is it under homeland security?

Let's fix our roads, bridges, schools, airports, water systems so we dont start looking like a third world country.

With the exception of the Interstate Highway system, everything you mentioned is owned/funded/maintained by state and local governments. And even the Interstate is half-owned/funded/maintained by the states. So could you explain to me, please, what the fuck they have to do with Googly-Eyes' job?

It appears Congressperson Cortez elect has the well being of society in mind. This is compared to this fake so-called president tRump and his treasonous GOPer cronies having the death of society in their uncivilized and uncultured minds. Yet I believe the truth and decency always supersedes the rot of immoral and degenerate policies of tRump and his menacing mob of nothing but savages. Absolutely $5 billion should be spent on healthcare and education, and to hell with tRump's maniac wall other than putting this felonious tyrant behind walls already built.

Survey Shows Most Americans Agree With Ocasio-Cortez: $5 Billion Should Be Spent on Healthcare or Education, Not Trump's Border Wall

$5 billion should be spent on healthcare and education

Can we deport illegal alien children so we have more education dollars to spend on our own children?
Can we deport sick illegal aliens so we have more healthcare dollars to spend on our own sick?
Can we deport illegal alien criminals so we have more dollars to spend catching our own criminals?

Let's just deport all the illegal aliens, we'll save hundreds of billions.
We could spend some of it trying to make you less stupid.

I don't think medical science has advanced that far.

I already did.

I must have missed that. You simply stated that I was wrong, or you gave me an opinion. You claim that the left has been poisoning our entire civilization since the end of WWII, but it appears that you believe that our schools are exempt from these messages. That is illogical.

Mark

When was the last time you were in a public school classroom?

Many years. What does that have to do with my statement? ....

It demonstrates that you are pontificating from ignorance.

Just because you have experience as a teacher ...does not make you an expert on the subject. ...

Yes, it does.

figure-cmb-1.png

Fast Facts

Meanwhle, average SAT scores have remained flat.

Meaning the relationship of money spent to test results is disproved.

spending more doesn't improve education. It's been visible in the numbers and facts for decades.. Nothing but "bragging rights"....

It appears Congressperson Cortez elect has the well being of society in mind. This is compared to this fake so-called president tRump and his treasonous GOPer cronies having the death of society in their uncivilized and uncultured minds. Yet I believe the truth and decency always supersedes the rot of immoral and degenerate policies of tRump and his menacing mob of nothing but savages. Absolutely $5 billion should be spent on healthcare and education, and to hell with tRump's maniac wall other than putting this felonious tyrant behind walls already built.

Survey Shows Most Americans Agree With Ocasio-Cortez: $5 Billion Should Be Spent on Healthcare or Education, Not Trump's Border Wall

Common Dreams, alrighty then.

Liberal indoctrination in education is having the desired effect. Sadly.

Mark

Don't blame 'education' for every stupid democrat.

Since studies show that our schools are cesspools of liberalism, it would be beyond credible thought that the teachers are not passing that ideology off as "education" to their students.

Mark

I know very very few teachers with the time or inclination for that kind of shit. Any indoctrination comes much more insidiously through societal messages the left has been poisoning the entire civilization with since the end of World War II.

I disagree. ...

You’re wrong.

No -- he's completely correct. Here's a recent study to prove it..

reason-graph.jpg

Don't blame 'education' for every stupid democrat.

Since studies show that our schools are cesspools of liberalism, it would be beyond credible thought that the teachers are not passing that ideology off as "education" to their students.

Mark

I know very very few teachers with the time or inclination for that kind of shit. Any indoctrination comes much more insidiously through societal messages the left has been poisoning the entire civilization with since the end of World War II.

I disagree. ...

You’re wrong.

reason-graph.jpg

His comment was not about more spending on education, it was the myth that public schools spend all their time engaged in some so called indoctrination of students. As I told him, I know very few teachers who have any time for that kind of shit and if you were still who would be so inclined. The shocking anecdote here and there is obviously not proof of some large scale conspiracy. Most people haven’t been in school since they were students in one, and feel free to let their imaginations run wild about what goes on there because they hear the odd story of something ridiculous now and then. Ridiculous things also happen now and then in accounting offices law offices bookstores grocery stores etc.

It isnt rocket science.

Pity her priorities have nothing to do with her actual job. Or reality. But she's got the primary leftist requirement: she babbles a lot about how much she "cares".
What makes you think they don't? She has had a pretty consistent platform and seems in tune with her constituents.

It isnt rocket science.

You're a fan of that idjit?

Interesting.
Dont know enough about her yet. But she is interesting, and I like her priorities. In fact I hope we see some stuff along that line from the next Congress. Particularly infrastructure. Surely we can agree on the importance of that?

Well, I appreciate that you're being honest about only requiring someone to say what you want to hear.

There's also a big difference between "agree that infrastructure is important" and agreeing with you on what should be done about it and who should do it.
Where did come uo with "only"?

Mark

I disagree. ...

You’re wrong.

reason-graph.jpg

His comment was not about more spending on education, it was the myth that public schools spend all their time engaged in some so called indoctrination of students. As I told him, I know very few teachers who have any time for that kind of shit and if you were still who would be so inclined. The shocking anecdote here and there is obviously not proof of some large scale conspiracy. Most people haven’t been in school since they were students in one, and feel free to let their imaginations run wild about what goes on there because they hear the odd story of something ridiculous now and then. Ridiculous things also happen now and then in accounting offices law offices bookstores grocery stores etc.

And most of us have experienced FIRST HAND the insanity that passes for curriculum in our public schools. It's MORE than anecdotal when it affects YOUR kids.. At any rate -- these kids are FINISHED thinking for themselves after 4 years of college anyways..

It isnt rocket science.

You're right. It isn't "rocket science" and she's not a "rocket scientist".. It's more like wish list to Santa Claus.

It's all GUARANTEED BY RIGHT -- free shit. Free guaranteed jobs, housing, healthcare, education, college, energy, and world peace. The rocket science is in MAKING THESE THINGS HAPPEN.. And she's far from "The Right Stuff" to figure them out..

Her Green Deal is just recycled Obama Green Shoots. A failure to understand that wind and solar are just energy SUPPLEMENTS, not energy ALTERNATIVES.. Her abolishment of ICE and "a clear path to citizenship" for anybody with no skills, no education that crashes the border is immoral and dangerous.

5b33ea7c1ae66220008b4998-960-1280.jpg

US healthcare system ranks 50th out of 55 countries for efficiency
http://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-50th-out-of-55-countries-for-efficiency.html

This is vacuous nonsense. Either you fit the norm of not understanding what you read, or you did not read the link AT ALL... Here's the take-away from their failed "study"...

Hong Kong was ranked the most efficient country, with Singapore, Spain, South Korea and Japan rounding out the top five. Among these countries, average spending per capita was $2,638 and average life expectancy was about 83 years, according to Bloomberg.

At the other end of the spectrum, Russia's healthcare system was ranked the least efficient. Brazil, Azerbaijan, Columbia and Jordan were also at the bottom of the list. Among these countries, spending per capita was $2,525 on average and average life expectancy was about 73 years.

Because I'm doubting you could still figure out the major flaw here even with the extract and the bolding, I'll just point it out. They are trying to rank 55 countries on medical efficiency based on a PUNY $100 a year diff in healthcare spending and using "life expectancy" as the SOLE determination of "outcomes"..

That $100 diff between top/bottom is probably smaller than their margin of error in finding those numbers..

It's stupid to use OVERALL population statistics to determine costs per person, since the vast majority of spending is for folks age 50 and older. And it will not show outcomes that increase quality of life -- rather than LONGEVITY of life.

You really should read your crap more critically before creating a wall of shit to post...

It isnt rocket science.

You're right. It isn't "rocket science" and she's not a "rocket scientist".. It's more like wish list to Santa Claus.

It's all GUARANTEED BY RIGHT -- free shit. Free guaranteed jobs, housing, healthcare, education, college, energy, and world peace. The rocket science is in MAKING THESE THINGS HAPPEN.. And she's far from "The Right Stuff" to figure them out..

Her Green Deal is just recycled Obama Green Shoots. A failure to understand that wind and solar are just energy SUPPLEMENTS, not energy ALTERNATIVES.. Her abolishment of ICE and "a clear path to citizenship" for anybody with no skills, no education that crashes the border is immoral and dangerous.

Possibly a wish list but also in some cases good things to aim for.

I agree with her numbers 1, 4, 5, 6 snd 7, except for abolishing ICE. I have no problems with offerong citizenship to Dreamers and those here on TPS assuming they have not committed violent crimes. 8 is not possible in a litersl sense but renewable energy has been growing as a viable alternative on many sectors. Not 100% but still significant alongside traditional sources. So it is s good direction to aim towards. 9 is good, what is not to like with that? 10 feelz real good but is pretty vague on substance.

Still overall there is more I like there then I have seen from any politician in a while.

It isnt rocket science.

I agree with her numbers 1, 4, 5, 6 snd 7, except for abolishing ICE. I have no problems with offerong citizenship to Dreamers and those here on TPS assuming they have not committed violent crimes. 8 is not possible in a litersl sense but renewable energy has been growing as a viable alternative on many sectors. Not 100% but still significant alongside traditional sources. So it is s good direction to aim towards. 9 is good, what is not to like with that? 10 feelz real good but is pretty vague on substance.

Still overall there is more I like there then I have seen from any politician in a while.

Did you miss the significance of supporting PLANS, rather than wishes? You can't make a "wish promise" if you no fucking idea how to pull it off. Reasonable people don't waste time on mere wishes. They look for problem solvers, not problem listers...

It isnt rocket science.

Did you miss the significance of supporting PLANS, rather than wishes? You can't make a "wish promise" if you no fucking idea how to pull it off. Reasonable people don't waste time on mere wishes. They look for problem solvers, not problem listers...
That list is a simple political platform to run on...most politicians start with that and then figure out the "how".

I find her interesting and refreshing. Time will tell whether it pans out or is just a flash in the pan.

The right sure is fixated on her though :lol:

It isnt rocket science.

That list is a simple political platform to run on...most politicians start with that and then figure out the "how".

I find her interesting and refreshing. Time will tell whether it pans out or is just a flash in the pan.

The right sure is fixated on her though :lol:

Shouldn't be running to lead the nation on the ability to make a wish list. That's why everyone NOT a Socialist Democrat is watching. Because we all know, this is gonna end in great meltdown that maybe the DNC can't contain..

She's not ONLY making lists of wishes, she's making HIT LISTS of people in the party that need to go... She's a pawn that thinks she's a Queen.. And nobody wants to miss the predictable "bad ending" for her 15 minutes of fame...

I must have missed that. You simply stated that I was wrong, or you gave me an opinion. You claim that the left has been poisoning our entire civilization since the end of WWII, but it appears that you believe that our schools are exempt from these messages. That is illogical.

Mark

When was the last time you were in a public school classroom?

Many years. What does that have to do with my statement? ....

It demonstrates that you are pontificating from ignorance.

Just because you have experience as a teacher ...does not make you an expert on the subject. ...

Yes, it does.

No, it doesn't. You simply cannot know how every school district in the US operates. I gave you examples, and you continue to give your opinion.

Mark

Mark

I disagree. ...

You’re wrong.

reason-graph.jpg

Zero tolerance of guns is not an isolated incident. It was instituted by leftists on purpose to scare an entire generation of kids about firearms.

Teachers don't have to spend all day, they just need to get the message out.

Mark

Forum List

Back