Swiss Region Bans Burqas

The garment is specific to a religion. If they banned kippahs a Muslim man couldn't wear one either but it's an item worn mainly by Jews, and it's a choice...

I have not read the whole thread (yet), but early on I said BAN it. I want to say very clearly PaintMyHouseYellow is showing good to great arguments against my first instinct. Maybe I am wrong? PaintMyHouseYellow has shown plenty of "costumes" that could be considered same thing.

I am going to re-consider. Keep packing those AK-47 underneath whilst' I ponder.

Well, I already posted to this thread that I definitely think it should be a choice. If a woman feels comfortable wearing a burka or something else because that is how she was raised and she feels uncomfortable being any other way, then she should be able to wear it. It is wrong to force someone to wear one, but I think it is also wrong to ban them from wearing it except in certain situations of course.

I agree...once we start banning certain types of clothing...where do we stop? I totally agree with banning it in certain contexts - certain professions where it's a hinderance to doing a job or a safety hazard. But if someone wants to walk down the street wearing a burka...it's their choice in a free country just as it's their choice, as a Muslim woman in a free country not to wear it.
We stop at face masks. That's all we've all been saying afaik.
Masks aren't banned, just Muslim garments. I'm very tired of saying this.

The garment is specific to a religion. If they banned kippahs a Muslim man couldn't wear one either but it's an item worn mainly by Jews, and it's a choice...

I have not read the whole thread (yet), but early on I said BAN it. I want to say very clearly PaintMyHouseYellow is showing good to great arguments against my first instinct. Maybe I am wrong? PaintMyHouseYellow has shown plenty of "costumes" that could be considered same thing.

I am going to re-consider. Keep packing those AK-47 underneath whilst' I ponder.

Well, I already posted to this thread that I definitely think it should be a choice. If a woman feels comfortable wearing a burka or something else because that is how she was raised and she feels uncomfortable being any other way, then she should be able to wear it. It is wrong to force someone to wear one, but I think it is also wrong to ban them from wearing it except in certain situations of course.

I agree...once we start banning certain types of clothing...where do we stop? I totally agree with banning it in certain contexts - certain professions where it's a hinderance to doing a job or a safety hazard. But if someone wants to walk down the street wearing a burka...it's their choice in a free country just as it's their choice, as a Muslim woman in a free country not to wear it.
No one can wear the niqab, including Jewish women who might be accustomed to doing so.

No one can wear the niqab, including Jewish women who might be accustomed to doing so.
Yes, but the only coverings banned are Muslim garments. All others are allowed. Tell us, how is that not discrimination?

Masked_20robber_robbery-optimized.jpg

A free society cannot long endure people in the streets concealing their identity. No matter what the reason, it invokes fear, erodes public confidence, and creates a climate of fear. Nobody has the right to conceal their face in public. If they don't want to be seen, they can stay home. But when they step out of their homes, their face, people being able to identify them, is everyone's business.

Yes, but the only coverings banned are Muslim garments. All others are allowed. Tell us, how is that not discrimination?
I'm not sure I care that you are so concerned about Muslims having the right to go around in disguise, you've been banging on about it ad infinitum for days now. I will say one more time, I'd be happy for them to ban everyone from covering their face in public, unless there's a medical reason not to, or we are talking swat teams and so on. YAWN :)

A free society cannot long endure people in the streets concealing their identity.
Under this law you can walk around dressed as Darth Vader, as long as it isn't using Muslim garments.
Nobody dresses as Darth Vader on a permanent basis. The law addresses Muslims because Muslims are the problem. Simple simple.
Your total lack of support for religious freedom is noted. When they ban something the Christians wear you'll have no argument.

How many leftward photoshops you going to post?
You can apologize anytime, but you won't.
you're boring me. Now men wearing veils? You're defense of Islam on this website is most telling.
I defend Religious Freedom, from little asswipes like those here.
Link to a post defending the cross on the LA County Seal then.

Game Over.
That is not religious freedom, that is an establishment of religion, which is illegal here. Same thing with baby Jesus on the courthouse lawn, at least if the county pays for it. If you want to stand on the courthouse steps and preach the Gospel, knock yourself out, that's allowed. You can even do it in a burka if you like.
How many leftward photoshops you going to post?
you're boring me. Now men wearing veils? You're defense of Islam on this website is most telling.

Game Over.
That is not religious freedom, that is an establishment of religion, which is illegal here. Same thing with baby Jesus on the courthouse lawn, at least if the county pays for it. If you want to stand on the courthouse steps and preach the Gospel, knock yourself out, that's allowed. You can even do it in a burka if you like.
So an image of a Mission with a criss on top is establishment of religion? Know who founded Los Angeles? That mission. Know what Los Angeles means? City of Angels. Know who the chick is in the center of the logo 50x larger than the cross was and the left have no issue with? The Pagan goddess Pomona, Goddess of Agriculture.
image.gif

I'm not sure I care that you are so concerned about Muslims having the right to go around in disguise, you've been banging on about it ad infinitum for days now. I will say one more time, I'd be happy for them to ban everyone from covering their face in public, unless there's a medical reason not to, or we are talking swat teams and so on. YAWN :)
You'll be happy isn't the damn law...

Game Over.

Game Over.
So an image of a Mission with a criss on top is establishment of religion? Know who founded Los Angeles? That mission. Know what Los Angeles means? City of Angels. Know who the chick is in the center of the logo 50x larger than the cross was and the left have no issue with? The Pagan goddess Pomona, Goddess of Agriculture.
View attachment 55916
The "criss" is a problem. Now you know.

Game Over.

Game Over.
View attachment 55916
Thanks for validating my point the left only attack the one true religion. They are fine with Pagan gods on government symbols.

Game Over.

Game Over.
View attachment 55916
Thanks for validating my point the left only attack the one true religion. They are fine with Pagan gods on government symbols.
You could remove that as well but few know who she is...

A free society cannot long endure people in the streets concealing their identity. No matter what the reason, it invokes fear, erodes public confidence, and creates a climate of fear. Nobody has the right to conceal their face in public. If they don't want to be seen, they can stay home. But when they step out of their homes, their face, people being able to identify them, is everyone's business.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

Yep, can't have people hiding their identity on the streets. Wait, it's LAW to do so in this case.

th

Better now?

True, but I'm not Swiss so cannot presume upon them to change their laws, and neither can I Tell them it is wrong for them to object to this symbol of separation and rejection of integration, oppression and militant Islam. You realise one of their points is to indicate to the Islamists in their midst that they are not going to accept the continued development of two cultures along paralel lines. People who want to integrate don't wear masks, they have the decency to understand the repricocity of being able to see each other when communicating. that cannot happen when one wears a mask and says I am other and I reject you. That is what is happening here, and they've said, no thanks, not any more. I'm with them. I think it's an important stand and it's a reasonable one too.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

Yep, can't have people hiding their identity on the streets. Wait, it's LAW to do so in this case.

th

Better now?
It's law to wear a helmet hilts driving a motorcycle for safety reasons, but you cannot wear it into a bank or a gvmnt building, for security reasons. So your point was?

True, but I'm not Swiss so cannot presume upon them to change their laws, and neither can I Tell them it is wrong for them to object to this symbol of separation and rejection of integration, oppression and militant Islam. You realise one of their points is to indicate to the Islamists in their midst that they are not going to accept the continued development of two cultures along paralel lines. People who want to integrate don't wear masks, they have the decency to understand the repricocity of being able to see each other when communicating. that cannot happen when one wears a mask and says I am other and I reject you. That is what is happening here, and they've said, no thanks, not any more. I'm with them. I think it's an important stand and it's a reasonable one too.
It's reasonable to deny religious freedom for no valid reason and you can't tell them it's wrong? Well, I sure as hell can so one of us is standing up for the rights of others and that is not you...

It's reasonable to deny religious freedom for no valid reason and you can't tell them it's wrong? Well, I sure as hell can so one of us is standing up for the rights of others and that is not you...
It's got nothing to do with religion, therefore religious freedom remains intact. They haven't taken away their mosques, their right to worship, their right to cover every cm of their body bar their face, nor their right to induce self inflicted vitamin c deficiency and the myriad health problems that arise from it. Again, the degree to which you are getting your knickers in a twist is absurd when you didn't bat an eyelid to the Christians havingg their heads sawn of by masked Muslims. How regularly do you attend masjid?

What is it exactly you are going to do to inform the Swiss they are wrong?

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?
It's law to wear a helmet hilts driving a motorcycle for safety reasons, but you cannot wear it into a bank or a gvmnt building, for security reasons. So your point was?

The point was you said you couldn't wear things in the street. So, in a bank you can't cover your head. Why isn't this the law? Why is it against the law to be wearing a burka in the street where people often cover their heads?

Forum List

Back