Swiss Region Bans Burqas

Masked_20robber_robbery-optimized.jpg

A free society cannot long endure people in the streets concealing their identity. No matter what the reason, it invokes fear, erodes public confidence, and creates a climate of fear. Nobody has the right to conceal their face in public. If they don't want to be seen, they can stay home. But when they step out of their homes, their face, people being able to identify them, is everyone's business.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

Yep, can't have people hiding their identity on the streets. Wait, it's LAW to do so in this case.

th

Better now?
It's law to wear a helmet hilts driving a motorcycle for safety reasons, but you cannot wear it into a bank or a gvmnt building, for security reasons. So your point was?

The point was you said you couldn't wear things in the street. So, in a bank you can't cover your head. Why isn't this the law? Why is it against the law to be wearing a burka in the street where people often cover their heads?
Are you seriously saying you don't understand why helmets are the law on motorcycles, that they are removed otherwise? Did you also miss me say that I don't think anyone should be covering their faces in public? Did you miss me say I'm not a lawmaker in Switzerland? If so, you should now be up to speed.

It's got nothing to do with religion, therefore religious freedom remains intact.
It has everything to do with religion. It bans only Muslim garments. How many years before you get this?
But it isn't just a Muslim garment, Jews can't wear them either, not even tourists. You posted countless pic of Jewish women and heredi men covering their faces yesterday, it's not my fault you didn't foresee the implications of what you were doing. But again, I believe that no Jewish male or female and no Muslim female should wear a bit of cloth over their faces, and I'm sure the Swiss will be asking anyone from either affiliation to remove them in public, should either of them do so. I also think no one else should be covering their faces in public unless for the reasons stated earlier. I don't make the laws in Switzerland so there's nothing I can do about that part.

What is it exactly you are going to do to inform the Swiss they are wrong?
At the moment I'm thinking mean thoughts about watches, and chocolate...
Lol. The refuge of the lib, boycott. How many Swiss watches do you get through a week :)
Incidentally, what did you boycot when France, Brussels, parts of Italy and parts of Spain banned the niqab?

A free society cannot long endure people in the streets concealing their identity. No matter what the reason, it invokes fear, erodes public confidence, and creates a climate of fear. Nobody has the right to conceal their face in public. If they don't want to be seen, they can stay home. But when they step out of their homes, their face, people being able to identify them, is everyone's business.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

Yep, can't have people hiding their identity on the streets. Wait, it's LAW to do so in this case.

th

Better now?
It's law to wear a helmet hilts driving a motorcycle for safety reasons, but you cannot wear it into a bank or a gvmnt building, for security reasons. So your point was?

The point was you said you couldn't wear things in the street. So, in a bank you can't cover your head. Why isn't this the law? Why is it against the law to be wearing a burka in the street where people often cover their heads?
Are you seriously saying you don't understand why helmets are the law on motorcycles, that they are removed otherwise? Did you also miss me say that I don't think anyone should be covering their faces in public? Did you miss me say I'm not a lawmaker in Switzerland? If so, you should now be up to speed.

This doesn't have to do with safety, this has to do with logic.

You said no one should be covering their faces in public, THEN said that covering your face in public is done for safety reasons in some circumstances.

So, either you can or you can't cover your face in public.

What about Halloween? Is it not okay to cover your face at Halloween? Or any other time? Weddings? Costume parties and so on?

Lol. The refuge of the lib, boycott. How many Swiss watches do you get through a week :)
Haven't worn a watch in years. I figured they do this so I stared protesting when the cell phone came out. It was a warning they ignored. Now they're in for it...

It's got nothing to do with religion, therefore religious freedom remains intact.
It has everything to do with religion. It bans only Muslim garments. How many years before you get this?
But it isn't just a Muslim garment, Jews can't wear them either, not even tourists. You posted countless pic of Jewish women and heredi men covering their faces yesterday, it's not my fault you didn't foresee the implications of what you were doing. But again, I believe that no Jewish male or female and no Muslim female should wear a bit of cloth over their faces, and I'm sure the Swiss will be asking anyone from either affiliation to remove them in public, should either of them do so. I also think no one else should be covering their faces in public unless for the reasons stated earlier. I don't make the laws in Switzerland so there's nothing I can do about that part.
What they banned are Muslim garments, on occasion worn by others.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?

You said no one should be covering their faces in public, THEN said that covering your face in public is done for safety reasons in some circumstances.

What about Halloween? Is it not okay to cover your face at Halloween? Or any other time? Weddings? Costume parties and so on?
Oh good god. I'm never going to advocate that people riding motorcycles don't wear a helmet, and I already mentioned other exceptions, I'm not going to sit here and list them for you. Halloween? I really don't care :)

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?

It isn't either or, and it doesn't have to be either or. Safety and security, for example are issues that form exceptions. Life isn't black and white, I don't know where you got the idea that it is.

A free society cannot long endure people in the streets concealing their identity.
Under this law you can walk around dressed as Darth Vader, as long as it isn't using Muslim garments.
Nobody dresses as Darth Vader on a permanent basis. The law addresses Muslims because Muslims are the problem. Simple simple.
Your total lack of support for religious freedom is noted. When they ban something the Christians wear you'll have no argument.
Christians don't hide their identity.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?

Comparing impermanent situations to women wearing beekeeper suits ALL THE TIME.

Fail.

I said that I'd read somewhere that Switerland were still intending to ban other types of masks, and this is why they didn't deal with the various types alongside the niqab:

The ban was also supposed to be applied to people who cover their faces with, for example, masks and balaclavas during protests. However, lawmakers restricted the ban only to the Islamic veils to avoid comparing people who wear these garments to masked protesters and hooligans, the ATS news agency reported.

Switzerland: Ticino region imposes £6,500 fine on women wearing burqa and niqab

Some other countries that have banned the Burqa and niqab are Senagal, Chad, Cameroon and Niger. Here they did it because they were concerned about Boko Haram concealing themselves and explosives.

In Pakistan, where there is no such law, a man disguised himself and concealed explosives under a burqa. He entered the women's section of a mosque and killed ten people, mostly children, and injured many more.
I don't see why Europe or any countries should invite this upon themselves when the wearing of these hideous masks is not even obligatory in Islam.
Pakistan: Male suicide bomber wearing burqa kills 10 at Shia mosque

It seems that they've already been putting their burqa's to good use in Cameroon, just as they have previously in Afganistan and Iraq:

On Sunday, two suspected female Boko Haram terrorists dressed in the burka blew themselves up in Fotokol, Cameroon.

The twin attacks left 13 people dead in the Far North region of the country.

The two terrorists were able to smuggle the bombs into public areas without detection by hiding them under their veils.

Cameroon bans veil after terrorists exploit Islamic garment in suicide bombing

Last edited:
And seems Chad's been burned too:

Another country BANS Islamic veil after terror attacks shake capital
Prime Minister Kalzuebe Pahimi Deubet said security forces will burn all full-face veils sold in markets for being used as a "camouflage" by militants.

He added that the ban will be applied everywhere in the African country, not just in public places.

Pahimi Deubet personally blamed the Islamist group Boko Haram for the two suicide bombs attacks, which took place on Monday.

They killed at least 23 people and injured more than 100 in the Chadian capital N'Djamena, according to officials.

Another country BANS Islamic veil after terror attacks shake capital

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?

Oh good god. I'm never going to advocate that people riding motorcycles don't wear a helmet, and I already mentioned other exceptions, I'm not going to sit here and list them for you. Halloween? I really don't care :)

You don't care about Halloween. So, you're making an argument, and you just happen to ignore important issues about that argument.

Like, This is my global warming argument, but I don't care about temperatures. Hmm...

Forum List

Back