Switzerland votes to criminalize homophobia and hate speech

Good for Switzerland.
One can hate the bigot, and hate 'laws' regulating speech. Such regulations are always a mistake, and not needed where education is effective.
Why do you say laws regulating speech are a mistake? There are laws and informal rules everywhere that regulate speech. You cant talk at work to your boss a certain way without getting canned. You cant talk to a judge a certain way or you get put in jail for contempt. If a cop doesnt like what or how you speak to him you can get shot.
..."where education is effective."
Where is such a place? :laugh:
Where these kinds of prejudices have been replaced with clarity of thinking and gratefulness for being.
So the land of Oz?

In your opinion, is "verbal violence" right or wrong?
Depends on the situation. Like most things in life its not an either or proposition.:rolleyes:

Funny, the law that is the fucking topic made no such distinction, and you supported it.
Of course I support it. They dont have to make the same distinction I did for me to support it. :rolleyes:

Of course. Because you support censor ship and jailing people for political reasons.
I definitely support censoring and jailing homophobes and racists that use violent speech. Is that a bad thing to you?

When I know that you define those things as "someone I don't like", then yes, it is. And someday, the blowback from this will not be pleasant for you.

Depends on the situation. Like most things in life its not an either or proposition.:rolleyes:

Funny, the law that is the fucking topic made no such distinction, and you supported it.
Of course I support it. They dont have to make the same distinction I did for me to support it. :rolleyes:

Of course. Because you support censor ship and jailing people for political reasons.
I definitely support censoring and jailing homophobes and racists that use violent speech. Is that a bad thing to you?
Yes because there is no such thing as violent speech
Says who?

In your opinion, is "verbal violence" right or wrong?

If I were the final judge of "hate speech", it would satisfy me. Otherwise, I cannot trust the decisions.

Says who?
Reality.

When I know that you define those things as "someone I don't like", then yes, it is. And someday, the blowback from this will not be pleasant for you.
I dont like you but I dont think you should be censored. Mocked but not censored. :laugh:

Says who?
Reality.
Whos reality?

Says who?
Reality.
Whos reality?
No such thing as who's it is the same for all.

Speech and violence are not the same absolute fact you cannot refute

So you admit that the penis-worship exists.

Why won't you answer the question?

IS IT because there was no punishment at all? Not much power there, if you can just walk away without any cost.

You are the one who refuses to acknowledge that penis worship exists in our institutions and organizations. It's you penis worshipers who run these organizations. I saw the guy from the Southern Baptist cult get interviewed on TV and brag that he was the final decisionmaker in his house, and he has a house vagina who sucks it sand spreads them, because he has the dick. This is not my doing. His words came out of his own mouth. Again, not my doing. His. What a pervert.
No one acknowledges it because it is a silly concept which is on you to prove. You have failed to do so but have failed.

What "silly concept" is this? It exists and happens or it doesn't? Denial is not the same thing as reality. Fundie men act in fundie ways, most of it to subjugate women into sex and spitting out their cursed "children" from their bodies. You sex freaks are all the same.

I've known men that you would call that, and they were not like that. Pretty nice actually.
Why the fundie sex freakdom? Why the woman-hating? Why the idea that the penis gets to make the final decision on any issue? Do you love your genitals this much?

One can hate the bigot, and hate 'laws' regulating speech. Such regulations are always a mistake, and not needed where education is effective.
Why do you say laws regulating speech are a mistake? There are laws and informal rules everywhere that regulate speech. You cant talk at work to your boss a certain way without getting canned. You cant talk to a judge a certain way or you get put in jail for contempt. If a cop doesnt like what or how you speak to him you can get shot.
..."where education is effective."
Where is such a place? :laugh:
Where these kinds of prejudices have been replaced with clarity of thinking and gratefulness for being.
So the land of Oz?
The kingdom of heaven is within.

Says who?
Reality.
Whos reality?

Thats false. Your reality is definitely different than mine.

I didnt say speech and violence are the same. I said violent speech exists. Violent is the adjective describing what type of speech.

Says who?
Reality.
Whos reality?

I didnt say speech and violence are the same. I said violent speech exists. Violent is the adjective describing what type of speech.
It is not false and reality is the same for everyone absolute fact.

There is no such thing as violent speech

Says who?
Reality.
There is, however, violent "hearing". The problem is not sound waves arriving at the outposts of our perceptions. It is the processing of those electro-chemical reactions into aggressive, inhuman responses.
Laws that address air-wave frequencies miss the target.

Nope. Different people have different realities. This is demonstrably a fact.

Yes there is a such thing as violent speech. :rolleyes:

It is false and you cannot demonstrate that different people have different realities.

It is not demonstrable and you are truly a fool.

Whos reality?

It is false and you cannot demonstrate that different people have different realities.

Sure I can demonstrate our realities are different. I live in Hawaii you live in new york. What time is it?

Yes there is a such thing as violent speech. Thats why the Swiss have a law against it.

Sure I can demonstrate our realities are different. I live in Hawaii you live in new york. What time is it?

Yes there is a such thing as violent speech. Thats why the Swiss have a law against it.
There is no such thing as violent speech the Swiss based their speech control law on a lie.

Your example is a failure as man made time zones do not demonstrate different reality

Says who?
Reality.
Whos reality?
Who is reality? To whom does reality belong? Whose reality are we talking about?
"Reality" is relative. Every sentient being is a perceptual center of the universe, imposing a "this, and notthis" duality upon a universe that otherwise is not dualistic.
A human's "reality" is the result of that human's perceptions. Perceptions are the very definition of subjective.

There is no such thing as violent speech the Swiss based their speech control law on a lie.

Your example is a failure as man made time zones do not demonstrate different reality

If our realities were the same why do we think our times are different? Another example. is Obama Black or white?

Whos reality?

What cannot be demonstrated is that what passes in the mind of one person is the same as that which passes in another's.

Forum List

Back