Sylacauga, AL mayor says immigrants dropped off in city are legal, seeking employment

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Sylacauga Mayor Jim Heigl addressed concerns after residents witnessed an influx of Haitian immigrants being bused in.

Heigle said workers are being dropped off in Sylacauga for employment, but he isn't sure where they are working. He stressed that Sylacauga is not a “Sanctuary City” as some previously claimed.

“Sylacauga has not opted into being deemed a ‘Sanctuary’ city nor do we have plans to pursue that option in the future,” Heigl said. “As many of you know, current Sylacauga housing would not accommodate large influxes of population whether they are immigrant or citizens.”

The mayor said the city cannot handle an increase in population due to challenges in education and housing. He said officials do not support becoming a sanctuary city because of increases in crime. However, he claims immigrants being dropped off to work are legal and asked residents to be kind.

Hiegle publicly said the immigrants were not causing problems.

“As with most tight-knit small towns, new faces out among our stores and restaurants are easily identifiable,” he outlined. “Sylacauga has recently had an influx of legal immigrants come into the area. Employment was the primary draw for these individuals when obtaining their visas for legal immigration to the area.”

“As you go about your regular routines of living in Sylacauga, please be sure to extend our small-town hospitality to these new faces,” Heigl continued. “I hope that during the duration of their visas, Sylacauga leaves a positive impression for these immigrants with the high level of care and spirit of community that we are known for.”

Similar concerns were addressed in Marshall County earlier this month. 1819 News found Pilgrim's Pride was busing immigrants in for work. The company has since discontinued the service.

The mayor knows exactly where they are working, in the meat packing plants. I count 16 around Sylacauga without hunting too hard.....Those were decent paying (for the area) American jobs at one time.

Legal immigrants? By whose definition?

Look who bussed them there and paid for the tickets to middle of nowhere Alabama.

I'd rather have 400 Hispanics in my AO than a breeding pair of Haitians.....They are another low IQ people like Palis that the world would be better off without.

The left has always been the ones who claim the only way to stop illegal immigration is to levy heavy fines against companies that hire them. But at the same time, they welcome illegal aliens with open arms.

What a disingenuous bunch.

Sylacauga Mayor Jim Heigl addressed concerns after residents witnessed an influx of Haitian immigrants being bused in.

Heigle said workers are being dropped off in Sylacauga for employment, but he isn't sure where they are working. He stressed that Sylacauga is not a “Sanctuary City” as some previously claimed.

“Sylacauga has not opted into being deemed a ‘Sanctuary’ city nor do we have plans to pursue that option in the future,” Heigl said. “As many of you know, current Sylacauga housing would not accommodate large influxes of population whether they are immigrant or citizens.”

The mayor said the city cannot handle an increase in population due to challenges in education and housing. He said officials do not support becoming a sanctuary city because of increases in crime. However, he claims immigrants being dropped off to work are legal and asked residents to be kind.

Hiegle publicly said the immigrants were not causing problems.

“As with most tight-knit small towns, new faces out among our stores and restaurants are easily identifiable,” he outlined. “Sylacauga has recently had an influx of legal immigrants come into the area. Employment was the primary draw for these individuals when obtaining their visas for legal immigration to the area.”

“As you go about your regular routines of living in Sylacauga, please be sure to extend our small-town hospitality to these new faces,” Heigl continued. “I hope that during the duration of their visas, Sylacauga leaves a positive impression for these immigrants with the high level of care and spirit of community that we are known for.”

Similar concerns were addressed in Marshall County earlier this month. 1819 News found Pilgrim's Pride was busing immigrants in for work. The company has since discontinued the service.

The mayor knows exactly where they are working, in the meat packing plants. I count 16 around Sylacauga without hunting too hard.....Those were decent paying (for the area) American jobs at one time.

Legal immigrants? By whose definition?

Look who bussed them there and paid for the tickets to middle of nowhere Alabama.

I'd rather have 400 Hispanics in my AO than a breeding pair of Haitians.....They are another low IQ people like Palis that the world would be better off without.
Who is paying their air fare?

The left has always been the ones who claim the only way to stop illegal immigration is to levy heavy fines against companies that hire them.

But you disagree? Do you really think you will stop them any other way? When did we curtail those coming in?

During Covid when the jobs were not available.

But at the same time, they welcome illegal aliens with open arms.

What a disingenuous bunch.

It's right there on the Statue of Liberty.

But you disagree? Do you really think you will stop them any other way? When did we curtail those coming in?

During Covid when the jobs were not available.

It's right there on the Statue of Liberty.

Why bother? Just continue Biden's immigration policies for another four years under Harris, and let the whole damned economic system crash.

Fuckit. We're way overdue for a reset anyway, and I'll get to be a warlord.

Why bother? Just continue Biden's immigration policies for another four years under Harris, and let the whole damned economic system crash.

Fuckit. We're way overdue for a reset anyway, and I'll get to be a warlord.

Noted, you completely avoided my question as most usually do.

Noted, you completely avoided my question as most usually do.

I'm not going to waste my time sitting here and debating Trump's immigration policies versus Biden's.

If you don't already know the difference already, you're beyond help.

I'm not going to waste my time sitting here and debating Trump's immigration policies versus Biden's.

If you don't already know the difference already, you're beyond help.

I don't. Both were empty rhetoric.

Remember how this shit was happening when Trump was President?

I don't either.

Of course it did. Regardless that doesn't address the millions here working or that come every day.

You don't really care about illegal immigration, all you care about is your politics.

Of course it did. Regardless that doesn't address the millions here working or that come every day.

You don't really care about illegal immigration, all you care about is your politics.
Of course the illegals are working. Do you see those four in the picture? They are on the clock. They are not there because it's fun.

Forum List

Back