Texas removes 1 million ineligible voters from voter rolls — finds 30% of noncitizens previously cast ballots

The law requires States to clean their voting rolls. So that people that no longer live there aren't on the rolls.
Yes, and thats great. but they need to send a notice out to those taken off the roll, in case it is incorrect. Alternatively do the roll changes and then reaffirm to registered voters they are still good. If they do that, great. If not, it's problematic.

Again, to be clear, I am not against this, if handled properly. In Texas one can also recheck to confirm their registration online without much effort.

Yes, and thats great. but they need to send a notice out to those taken off the roll, in case it is incorrect. Alternatively do the roll changes and then reaffirm to registered voters they are still good. If they do that, great. If not, it's problematic.

Again, to be clear, I am not against this, if handled properly. In Texas one can also recheck to confirm their registration online without much effort.
why do they have to send notice? what requires them to send notice to dead people that they can't vote? hahah wow...what a weird thing to suggest

why do they have to send notice? what requires them to send notice to dead people that they can't vote? hahah wow...what a weird thing to suggest
Because statistically some of those "dead people" being dropped aren't dead - its an error.

Because statistically some of those "dead people" being dropped aren't dead - its an error.
you are going to have to show some evidence that these dead people aren't really dead....i'll wait.

your zombie conspiracy theory is really weird

Who on this list do you want Texas to send notices to?

Texas removed from its rolls people who are noncitizens, deceased, or those who had moved out of the state and were no longer residents, according to a press release from Abbott's office.

You tell me. I don't have the list. I am just arguing they should send notice to whomever they drop from the rolls for any reason.
Why does a dead person need to be sent a notice that he has been removed from the voting rolls?:cuckoo:

This is patently false. North Carolina is currently being sued by the Republican National Convention because they did exactly that. They allowed people to register without identification. 200k of them. Their only excuse is that there is no evidence that these people are illegal, which is ridiculous. They are supposed to be verifying that people who register to vote are eligible. Clearly they don't care.

Uh, no, they do care. When it was brought to their attention the registration forms were in violation of the law, the fixed the forms to ne compliant with the law.

Do they notify those they purged?
I can only assume, they do. But, you know what assumptions get you, sometimes. People planning to vote in Texas in November, but are not registered or have been erroneously dropped from voting rolls have until October 7, to register to vote. Texas is not a same day registration state, which does not matter to me. I have never been a fan of same day registration voting.

I can only assume, they do. But, you know what assumptions get you, sometimes. People planning to vote in Texas in November, but are not registered or have been erroneously dropped from voting rolls have until October 7, to register to vote. Texas is not a same day registration state, which does not matter to me. I have never been a fan of same day registration voting.
Who in this list should they notify?

Texas removed from its rolls people who are noncitizens, deceased, or those who had moved out of the state and were no longer residents, according to a press release from Abbott's office

Forum List

Back