Texas removes 1 million ineligible voters from voter rolls — finds 30% of noncitizens previously cast ballots

6500 were "potentially" ineligable to vote. So instead of writing to these people and asking them for proof of citizenship, these names were simply made "inactive", and now they're being notified of the problem.

Notice should be going out BEFORE they strike these names.
Guessing you would get all bent out of shape if Abbott and team asked them for their papers. You just want illegal votes counted as election integrity is not good for the left.

Guessing you would get all bent out of shape if Abbott and team asked them for their papers. You just want illegal votes counted as election integrity is not good for the left.

No I don't want non-citizens voting, but Republican efforts to "true the vote" result in AMERICAN CITIZENS being stripped of the right to vote right before an election with no notice.

Their efforts to "clean up" voter lists always results in the names being stricken being almost exclusively within areas that traditionally vote Democrat, in states where the majority votes Republicans. Red State officials seem to believe that Republicans never die or move.

No I don't want non-citizens voting, but Republican efforts to "true the vote" result in AMERICAN CITIZENS being stripped of the right to vote right before an election with no notice.

Their efforts to "clean up" voter lists always results in the names being stricken being almost exclusively within areas that traditionally vote Democrat, in states where the majority votes Republicans. Red State officials seem to believe that Republicans never die or move.
Name someone who's had their right to vote stripped before the election without notice....I'll wait.

Yes, areas that tend to vote Dems, often have illegal voters, weird how that works out.....

that should be the responsibility of the voter to keep his name active and to put in an address change if they move....many apt dwellers dont do that......and there a lot of them....

No it shouldn't. The voters don't have access to the lists, or their records. I certainly don't check the list before an election, but I do get a notice of the location of my polling station, hours, and early voting dates prior to the election. We're told if we don't get a notice, we may not be on the list.

But if I'm not on the list, I can take my proof of citizenship and my proof of residency to the polling station and cast a provisional vote in my new riding, and change my address and get registered in immediately, which I did in the 2015 Federal Election, when I moved three weeks before the election.

Every first world nation in the world is making it easier and easier for citizens to vote. Only Republican controlled states in the USA are making it more and more difficult for their citizens to voted, even though there is absolutely zero evidence that non-citizens are voting.

6500 were "potentially" ineligable to vote. So instead of writing to these people and asking them for proof of citizenship, these names were simply made "inactive", and now they're being notified of the problem.

Notice should be going out BEFORE they strike these names.
Write a strongly worded email to soi boy Trudeau expressing your complaint.

They verify with the data given to them. If the data given is insufficient to prove citizenship, the Secretary of State's office will not register them to vote. They don't just go by someone checking a box attesting to being a citizen.

Sorry, but that is not happening in some states. Forgive me if I don't trust the same states that offer sanctuary cities to illegals, which also allow non-citizens to vote in local elections.

There needs to be a mandate for it, but Democrats don't want that and reject any legislation which attempts it.

Texas voted for Trump, Abbott and Paxton, and they're now saying that 30% of the votes for these men came from illegals????

Maybe the Texas state elections need to be and overturned overturned if 30% of the voters who elected them were unqualified to vote.
No. They aren’t saying that, stupid. They are saying 30% of the illegals purged voted previously.

You are a moron.

Name someone who's had their right to vote stripped before the election without notice....I'll wait.

Yes, areas that tend to vote Dems, often have illegal voters, weird how that works out.....
The OP. There is no notice going out to registrees that they can no longer vote.

If the data given is insufficient to prove citizenship, the Secretary of State's office will not register them to vote.

This is patently false. North Carolina is currently being sued by the Republican National Convention because they did exactly that. They allowed people to register without identification. 200k of them. Their only excuse is that there is no evidence that these people are illegal, which is ridiculous. They are supposed to be verifying that people who register to vote are eligible. Clearly they don't care.

haha they couldn't vote before, they were:

ineligible​

The question was asked.

However, these roll clearings usually have a lot of eligible voters that are dropped as well. The idea is that they don't have time to get re-registered. Fun!

Forum List

Back