Texas removes 1 million ineligible voters from voter rolls — finds 30% of noncitizens previously cast ballots

At the same time, Texas pulled out of the ERIC system, which provides multistate data so that persons aren't registered in multiple states.

GRUMPCATGOOD.gif

And what does the Secretary of State’s office do to verify citizenship(not residence) other than checking to make sure the applicant checked the “I am a US citizen” box?

They verify with the data given to them. If the data given is insufficient to prove citizenship, the Secretary of State's office will not register them to vote. They don't just go by someone checking a box attesting to being a citizen.

There are multiple ways to register. Online, mailing in a registration form, at a DMV. No matter which one is chosen, it all ends up at the Secretary of State's office for verification.

They verify with the data given to them. If the data given is insufficient to prove citizenship, the Secretary of State's office will not register them to vote. They don't just go by someone checking a box attesting to being a citizen.

Sorry, but that is not happening in some states. Forgive me if I don't trust the same states that offer sanctuary cities to illegals, which also allow non-citizens to vote in local elections.

There needs to be a mandate for it, but Democrats don't want that and reject any legislation which attempts it.

Forum List

Back